New Legacy

please add tracker or a marker on the map to help you find your quest location.  Off the beaten paths?!?! UO was built based and the sandbox idea, you can do what you want.  Everything is off the beaten path
"We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third."

Comments

• GodivaGodiva Posts: 7
    How can you take the sandbox from a sandbox game and call it Legacy???

I played since 1997 and was hoping for a nostalgic feeling. Instead I get quests, quests, quests and no chance to develop my char to my liking.

Sorry but this is a fail.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,638
    Godiva said:

I played since 1997 and was hoping for a nostalgic feeling. Instead I get quests, quests, quests and no chance to develop my char to my liking.

Early UO.  Had way fewer skills.  It took me 2 years to get a skill GM.  My warrior had a mix of a bunch of 80 level skills.

Early UO was a Fail.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 402
    edited July 28
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO.  Had way fewer skills.  It took me 2 years to get a skill GM.  My warrior had a mix of a bunch of 80 level skills.

Early UO was a Fail.

early UO my guild of bandits stole a blacksmith shop in the first month of UO.  i wouldnt say it was a fail.  it was a cutting edge game at the time, and very dangerous

edited July 28
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

early UO my guild of bandits stole a blacksmith shop in the first month of UO.  i wouldnt say it was a fail.  it was a cutting edge game at the time, and very dangerous

I'm sure your guild drove off many players by doing things like that, which included customers you will never have now.  Thanks.
  • MephMeph Posts: 11
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

I'm sure your guild drove off many players by doing things like that, which included customers you will never have now.  Thanks.
    This is an incredibly ignorant remark.
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

Really?  You are not aware of how many people left because a piece of armor was stolen or they kept getting PKed.  Why do you think they had to make tram.  Talk about incredibly ignorant.  But now you know,  Dont be stupid and try to defend your point.  Because you are no longer ignorant about people leaving because of griefing.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 851
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

I don’t know about that. Right, wrong or indifferent, I knew a number of players who left when they lost their house and contents. I know others who quit because they didn’t want to put up with pkers and thieves. Players grew tired of these sorts of events pretty quickly. 

What I personally found insufferable were the cheaters who through some sort of sinister magic, I heard some call “pinging the server” (I never knew if that was accurate) were able to swoop in on your dungeon crawl. You’d be frozen in place, boots nailed to the ground. When you were able to move again you woke up dead and naked and completely looted. That almost made me quit. Instead I just found other things to do and stopped going into dungeons. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

Correct.

edited July 29
    Cookie said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

Correct.

Coming from the PK who ran off countless players.  Ignore if I got you mixed up with CovenentX.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    Pawain said:
    Cookie said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

Correct.

Coming from the PK who ran off countless players.  Ignore if I got you mixed up with CovenentX.

I'm an anti-pk, you have me confused.
    I'm probably the most successful anti pk in the history of the game.
    Covenant is just another pk among countless off 1,000's I have turned to dust. :)
    Yup I get u2 confused.  You seem like a nice person. Sorry.

I also liked Sir Annoyed back in the day.  Was fun listening to he and his opponents in chat.

Back to the topic.  Yes, the ship tracker would be nice.  I get lost easily.
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

Really?  You are not aware of how many people left because a piece of armor was stolen or they kept getting PKed.  Why do you think they had to make tram.  Talk about incredibly ignorant.  But now you know,  Dont be stupid and try to defend your point.  Because you are no longer ignorant about people leaving because of griefing.

Of course you took into account all of the players (and fun) that these mechanics BROUGHT to the game, right? If players left because they didn't like the game, as it was designed, then the game wasn't for them - and that's fine. But you have to look at it from both sides, not just the side of a fearful trammy. Please, don't try to defend your point, that would be stupid.
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

Of course you took into account all of the players (and fun) that these mechanics BROUGHT to the game, right? If players left because they didn't like the game, as it was designed, then the game wasn't for them - and that's fine. But you have to look at it from both sides, not just the side of a fearful trammy. Please, don't try to defend your point, that would be stupid.
    Harassing others is not fun sorry, if you think it is then you need professional help.  
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,896
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

Harassing others is not fun sorry, if you think it is then you need professional help.  
    Yet you have over 9000 post here and more on Stratics...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

Oh so you didn't take that into account and you're arguing in bad faith. Good to know!
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,375
    Watch the Simpson episode Marge Gamer with Bart Simpson as the Shadow Knight.  Have not seen this episode since 2007.  Thought it might be appropriate here.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 981
    edited August 4
    Cookie said:
    Covenant is just another pk among countless off 1,000's I have turned to dust. :)
     Hahaha, doubtful.  -I don't think I've ever fought you... but anyway.

I was much more an anti-pk myself back when it was a thing.. ~10+ years ago-ish...  reds haven't really existed so much since shortly after pardons came out.  and with VvV's flagging rules (and royal pardons), it's somewhat difficult to even get murder counts to begin with anymore.   and of course, the town-buff that's the main driver causing people to stay blue.

I wouldn't go as far as to say PK's ran off players though, (maybe a few of the bad ones here and there that were doing it more for griefing I guess?), they're actually often times, what motivates players to get into pvp. to exact revenge etc... or used to, they basically don't exist anymore either, so few people do anything in fel unless it is literally to start a fight.   probably why most every guild has or has access to cams, nobody searches manually for spawns being done because it takes 10-15 mins to check them all, And it's pretty rare to see anyone doing a spawn anyway.     -UO needs to get a lot of players back, and get rid of the cheating that's been going on for far too long..
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,415
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

LMAO  EA made UO FIX the PK problem so they created TRAM.  If there would have been enough players left then EA would not require the FIX.  Funny how TRAM was overrun and FEL died that very day.
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

LMAO  EA made UO FIX the PK problem so they created TRAM.  If there would have been enough players left then EA would not require the FIX.  Funny how TRAM was overrun and FEL died that very day.

That's an interesting opinion but it doesn't line up with the fact that fel still exists and is not dead at all. Of course they wanted to get more customers by opening up a safe space for them.
    Meph said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

That's an interesting opinion but it doesn't line up with the fact that fel still exists and is not dead at all. Of course they wanted to get more customers by opening up a safe space for them.
    LOL  Fel is DEAD
    Meph said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

95% + of UO never go into fel.  The only reason I do is because I have a Castle in Fel.

The fact that you realize players want a safe space, nullifies your attempt at arguing about Fel.
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

95% + of UO never go into fel.  The only reason I do is because I have a Castle in Fel.

The fact that you realize players want a safe space, nullifies your attempt at arguing about Fel.

Your first point is untrue and your second point makes no sense.

I can agree that some players want a safe space without nullifying the fact that others do not.
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

I can agree that some players want a safe space without nullifying the fact that others do not.
    LMAO  What dream world do you play that Fel is not DEAD, even on Atl the vast majority of players that own houses in Fel play in TRAM.  Very few people play in Fel.  Oh wait you must mean those knockoff UO games, you know the illegal ones.
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Meph said:
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:
    Pawain said:
    Godiva said:

Early UO was a Fail.

LMAO  What dream world do you play that Fel is not DEAD, even on Atl the vast majority of players that own houses in Fel play in TRAM.  Very few people play in Fel.  Oh wait you must mean those knockoff UO games, you know the illegal ones.
    I'm not sure why you need to make accusations when I simply disagree with you. I don't play on an illegal server so I wouldn't know. I do know there are some wildly successful free servers with fel rulesets. There are plenty of people in fel on atlantic. If there weren't, you wouldn't be scared to go there.

• MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    Can we get off the tram/fel debate and back on topic please??
    Also a reminder, trash talk belongs in game, not on this forum
    Thank you.
     :D 
    I don't see the benefit in shutting down conversations about the game and nobody was talking trash. Wow.
    edited August 10
    Need healers near Destard. thanks