Pardy fur da New EM abder der Thurzday ebent!!

I am sorry but I can not translate Goblin dialect. 
Eberywunz inbited fur diz. Abder der ebent thurzday nite gunna hed ta Magincia Dockz fur Firewurkz, Cake n Booze!! Ip anywun wantz ta make booze wit der own mezzagez goo fur id. Alzo ip anywun habz firewurkz dey wood like ta blow ub feel free ta bring demz az well. Abder firewurkz ip wez hab enupp hummiez still der mite tozz sum white netz. Neber got uh mezzaj bak frum EM Jewelz sooo derz uh chanze wez iz juzt goin ta da dockz fur firewurkz fur nerg reazun n uh net tozz ;u) Hope ta c eberywun der!! Oooh n da EM ebent iz 9 est. Sooo ruffly we iz lewkin ad aboot 10 est er weneber idz ober!!

Comments

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 963
    There is no such dialect. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,020
    edited July 25
    There is no such dialect. 
    Remebering all those conversations with Ozog GiantFart back in the day, I believe this was a Rick Roll in Goblish, but yeah, posting in Goblish on forums about an event always iritated me. not everyone cares to read it outside of the game. just do it like this next time:

Translated From Goblish by Goggle: Everyone is invited to a white net toss At Magincia Docks after the Event Thursday, to celebrate our New EM. Bring Fireworks to help celebrate. Approximate start time should be about 10:00pm EST.

Then continue on in your Goblish *gets the hose*

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• usernameusername Posts: 780
    What
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,189
    Eberywunz inbited fur diz. Abder der ebent thurzday nite gunna hed ta Magincia Dockz fur Firewurkz, Cake n Booze!! Ip anywun wantz ta make booze wit der own mezzagez goo fur id. Alzo ip anywun habz firewurkz dey wood like ta blow ub feel free ta bring demz az well. Abder firewurkz ip wez hab enupp hummiez still der mite tozz sum white netz. Neber got uh mezzaj bak frum EM Jewelz sooo derz uh chanze wez iz juzt goin ta da dockz fur firewurkz fur nerg reazun n uh net tozz ;u) Hope ta c eberywun der!! Oooh n da EM ebent iz 9 est. Sooo ruffly we iz lewkin ad aboot 10 est er weneber idz ober!!

You guys should be reading this stuff with ease by now!!

Everyone is invited for this. After their event Thursday night gonna head to Magincia docks for fireworks, cake and Booze!! If anyone wants to make booze with their own message go for it. Also if anyone has fireworks they would like to blow up feel free to bring them as well. After fireworks if we have enough people still there, might toss some white nets. Never got a message back from EM Jewels so there's a chance we are just going to the docks for fireworks for no reason and a net toss. Hope to see everyone there!! Ohh and the EM Event is 9 Eastern. So roughly we are looking at about 10 EST or whenever it's over!!

(You people need to brush up on your goblin!)

• Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 233
    Why on earth would someone post a public announcement in the form of total gibberish?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    edited July 25
    Why on earth would someone post a public announcement in the form of total gibberish?
    It's called role play.  Never heard of a role playing game?  UO is a MMORPG. This is the forum for a MMORPG.  I'm glad I'm here to explain gaming basics to you.

Be nice.  Their knees do not bend.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • EM RainstormerEM Rainstormer Posts: 129Event Moderator
    edited July 25
    *sneaks in to party with flask*
    *makes sure to wear long pants*
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,189
    I got my eye on you Rainstormer!! *glares*

edited July 25
    Pawain said:
    It's called role play.  Never heard of a role playing game?  UO is a MMORPG. This is the forum for a MMORPG.  I'm glad I'm here to explain gaming basics to you.

The point on the table is post it in both an you will get more participants. a good format for these is:

{Translated by Goblish for Dummies:} 
    "Everyone is invited for this. After their event Thursday night gonna head to Magincia docks for fireworks, cake and Booze!! If anyone wants to make booze with their own message go for it. Also if anyone has fireworks they would like to blow up feel free to bring them as well. After fireworks if we have enough people still there, might toss some white nets. Never got a message back from EM Jewels so there's a chance we are just going to the docks for fireworks for no reason and a net toss. Hope to see everyone there!! Ohh and the EM Event is 9 Eastern. So roughly we are looking at about 10 EST or whenever it's over!!"

I personally can read it quickly, but it is frustrating when they only put the Goblish and leave out the english translation

*Grabs the hose and gives @NANOC a bath*

Pawain said:

When communicating with the public, it's best to use an actual language and not roleplay gibberish that someone else will have to come along and translate for you. Let me know if you need any more helpful tips on basic human social functioning.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    Pawain said:

When communicating with the public, it's best to use an actual language and not roleplay gibberish that someone else will have to come along and translate for you. Let me know if you need any more helpful tips on basic human social functioning.
    This is not a public forum.

Only people with accounts to UO can post here or come to the event. It was dang easy to read.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    Man you people are perks leave the people having fun alone also goblins are delicious fried and are great live bait 
    Pawain said:This is not a public forum.

Only people with accounts to UO can post here or come to the event. It was dang easy to read.

You're a real winner.
    Grimbeard said:
    Man you people are perks leave the people having fun alone also goblins are delicious fried and are great live bait 

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 512
    Honestly the goblins are a huge highlight of UO you all should be proud of.  Not everything needs a complaint. 

Chesapeake has the best players, hands down.  Love all of them.  Even the PVPers.
  • NANOCNANOC Posts: 20
    Hope to see you all there.    :)
  • EM ObsidianEM Obsidian Posts: 339Event Moderator
    https://www.facebook.com/em.obsidian 
    eventmoderatorobsidian@gmail.com