Pirate Void Pool Records

Lake Superior

Just beat ours from November:

I was only there the last 36 waves.  22 Hats.

Anyone else think the hats drop rate falls after wave 90?

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 128
    I think it just gets super slow to clear the waves, and the hats seem to be awarded after each wave ends so it feels slower
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 107
    The total rate of acquisition absolutely craters once you get up past 100, yeah. We're at 150+ on Atlantic as I type this and we'd have been better off letting the spawn win half an hour ago.
  • I got robbed by that shard crash on Atlantic earlier. Was at the Void Pool right after the patch went live, and was there from Wave 1, until the shard crashed at Wave 85+. My Najasaurus was tanking an entire army of Pirates along the west side (oftentimes he was the only pet left alive), tanking craploads of damage and dishing out AoE damage in return, so my Points would've been pretty nuts were it not for that shard crash.
  • VenomVenom Posts: 24
    PlayerSkillFTW inspired me to train a Naja.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,855
    The total rate of acquisition absolutely craters once you get up past 100, yeah. We're at 150+ on Atlantic as I type this and we'd have been better off letting the spawn win half an hour ago.
    it'd probably be best to take it to 100 and let it go. take the 15 minute break to turn in hats, repair, Bio break, resupply and hit it again.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    edited April 19
    @EMPetrichor 

Popped in chat and asked how we were doing against the Pirates.   Yesterday
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 174
    Great Lakes got to wave 115 which beat the previous void pool record of 114 and then we gave up. The hat reward at that point is not worth it. Better to let it recycle.  In fact most times we give up around 70-75. Diminishing returns. 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 808
    edited April 20
    Theo said:
    Great Lakes got to wave 115 which beat the previous void pool record of 114 and then we gave up. The hat reward at that point is not worth it. Better to let it recycle.  In fact most times we give up around 70-75. Diminishing returns. 

Sounds a bit like some promotions.  Usually more work, more difficult tasks, and longer hours.  But without the pay raise ;)

it'd probably be best to take it to 100 and let it go. take the 15 minute break to turn in hats, repair, Bio break, resupply and hit it again.

I do like that it tells you that it's over and gives you your score even when you've already ducked out. Makes it easy to decide if you feel like going back. Now if only void pool point rewards were worth anything.

I do like that it tells you that it's over and gives you your score even when you've already ducked out. Makes it easy to decide if you feel like going back. Now if only void pool point rewards were worth anything.
    The only thing I ever claimed was a Hephaestus, and it was on Siege. Got quite a lot of points the two times i participated in the record setting Runs. 

Yeah the rewards are just a couple of mediocre artifacts made worthless with the antique property, and some resource harvesting items that should have been low-tier BOD prizes. That whole era was the absolute peak of embarrassingly bad item rewards where it was really, really, really clear that the developers didn't play the game at any kind of high level. All kinds of different content went in that just laid there and rotted because nobody understood what a good item was.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,176
    edited April 21
    That whole era was the absolute peak of embarrassingly bad item rewards where it was really, really, really clear that the developers didn't play the game at any kind of high level. All kinds of different content went in that just laid there and rotted because nobody understood what a good item was.
    I think we still have that going on to a point. To be fair some rewards have been home runs and I appreciate that, but there are rewards every single event where you kind of ask yourself if the Dev team actually understand what is useful in  the game.

You don't have to look much farther than the fortune visage from this cycle of rewards. It started out worse than it is now but was changed after some feedback. The problem is that the Dev team decided not to listen to all feedback and failed to realize from the start that 4 HPR is a waste of points. Many people asked to swap out the HPR and just give 1 more stat but that was ignored. The argument was that the item "isn't meant to be template specific" but given there was already a head slot item that has 3 mage specific properties, this item by default would be "non-mage" (aka dexer). They also said that luck wasn't the end all be all even though in every other ToT event higher luck gives more drops supposedly. 

For sake of argument, I'd even give them the benefit of doubt they are thinking outside of the box on some template I don't use, but considering that this item can't be altered to a garg item AND they didn't give us a garg version of this item I go right back to wondering if they actually play the game (at least as a garg).  What's even worse is that I called this out before the publish went live and they just ignored it.
    My favorite example has always been the epiphany armor. They went to the trouble of adding a new unique item property to the game and then literally no one ever wore it because the developers didn't realize that nobody wanted armor with NPC trash level resists on it.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,263
    edited April 28
    Europa - up from wave 95 to wave 122.

We are possibly 2nd, in the Shrouded Sails event. :)

Really great performance from everyone, was a lot of fun to do.

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 652
    The only thing I ever claimed was a Hephaestus, and it was on Siege. Got quite a lot of points the two times i participated in the record setting Runs. 

Those were so much fun we should do it again! >:)
    Friggin, fracking, no way in %@**!

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 652
    Cookie said:
    Europa - up from wave 95 to wave 122.

We are possibly 2nd, in the Shrouded Sails event. :)

Really great performance from everyone, was a lot of fun to do.

Cookie if memory serves me still I think there was a Japanese shard that complete something like 250 - 250 waves beating the first Siege record. That's what motivated Siege to do another 8 hour Void Poolathon.

Those were so much fun we should do it again! >
    Friggin, fracking, no way in %@ **!

I don't think my Gluteus Maximus could take it again, even if i had the 8 hours to put into it  :p