Bought code for sovereigns, it's not working. UO store help option only opens store?

How can I get help? I just spent 10 bucks and it doesn't work.
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,855
    Email Mesanna.  did you paste the code into account management or into the In-game store?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• InLorInLor Posts: 412
    in-game store?
    Okay, that solved it. I was pasting it in the store. There are, however, no instructions telling you that you can paste it in the account section... 

There also not even a "buy" buttons in the in-game uo store.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    First you click on the item you like to buy, you get a gump up that you put in the amount you like, 
    After that you press on your cart (it's on the top of the window) and there you will find the buy button.
    If the team wants better conversions, they should make all of this smoother. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,314
    edited April 14
    I had to contact an EM to find out what to do with the code.  Think a lot of new players have the same question you have.  Maybe a few will find the answer here now.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,992Moderator
    The inventory of the store is listed here:
    The link at the top of that page takes you here:
    Can you tell me what information is missing and needed?

Or do I simply have to make the link in the inventory page more visible?

No, just a few thoughts:

• The "enter promotional code" in-game button should link the Broadword account section and explain it has to be entered there. Right now it tells you to paste it in exactly as you received it. No word about how you have to go to the website. Fix this asap.
    • On the main window of the store in-game, I would have a "Buy more" or "Buy Sovereigns" clearly visible, and it should link to: https://www.ea.com/games/ultima/ultima-online/buy-currency
    In-game, btw, I'd let the house placement tool work for everyone, actually show a house can be placed, but for free accounts, show a dialog: The house you'd like can be placed here, subscribe to actually place it with a subscribe button taking you straight to Broadsword account subscribing mode.

These are sort of basic conversion lessons from web/ui and will surely increase revenue by matching the user's intent and the context with what you want to sell. The less friction, the better.

I spent a few minutes trying to figure out where the buy sovereigns button was in-game. Then I googled it and bought it. Then I got a mail with a code so I went back to the store in-game and pasted it in as it says I should, but it didn't work. Submitted help requests choosing "store", but that made the store appear and it wasn't clear a help request was pending... spent a good 30 mins just trying to basically give EA/Broadsword money, getting frustrated. The EA email doesn't explain it can only be redeemed in the account section either.

All unnecessarily with just a few clear buttons and messages. The purchase email also says nothing about where to redeem it.

Your links are okay, but the item listing could use visuals and the key info is buried in a bunch of paragraphs. It shouldn't be required reading. The in-game store only shows "add funds" when you try to purchase something you don't have the sovereigns store. Make such a button permanently visible in the main interface. If someone clicks their balance, you should also see an add funds pop-up or a balance page + add funds..linking .

By the way the in-game link "add funds" should link to: https://www.ea.com/games/ultima/ultima-online/buy-currency

not: https://www.ea.com/games/ultima/ultima-online

Also, run promotions if you aren't already. 10-25% off weekend (at peak times). I've seen pretty shocking additional revenue by implementing the sort of adjustments I mentioned above. 

Since I'm on this topic: it would be the best and frictionless if the in-game store actually had an add funds button, you select the amount, and it charges your uo-hooked up credit card. And then let people check a box in broadsword account section "use this card for all uo purchases"... 
    hmm, I'm afraid your problems are mostly with EA - They don't read here. I can ammend the wiki, the devs, if needed can ammend the main uo.com site, but only EA can ammend the EA information.
    The only EA thing to change is their email. Everything else is about the in-game store, which I assume you guys control: fix the link for "add funds", add an "Add funds" button that's always visible on the store, make the enter promotional code go to broadsword account instead of showing you input that apparently has no function.
    edited April 15
    1. I, personally, can't do anything, I am not a member of the development team, merely the forum mod and wiki editor.
    2. the promotional code section in game is used for entering codes that have to be put in both in game and in account management, for example for the rustic and gothic theme packs. Codes that are bought from EA go into the account management page, always. They cannot be activated in game until that has been done.

Oh, jeez, didn't know about those codes. But yeah, that's also not a good thing. Hope my suggestions can/will be implemented. I think it's a win for everyone (users and team)to make it a clearer and smoother experience. Thanks for caring!
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 906
    I'm sure most players have encountered the same issue when using in-game store.

UO is the only online game I've seen actually  Add a middle-man, to do business.... generally services are looking to remove the middle-man.   This is UO afterall (or EA).
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Now I nought a code for a 7th character slow, and it doesn't work anywhere. On the account page it says: 

how many characters does each of your accounts currently have? Did you ever buy the combined 7th character and storage upgrade code?

Log in to your account, click on the tab 'features' and scroll through to see which items have already been applied to the account

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,690
    if you copied the code by highlighting it, when pasting it in the window
    make sure to backspace. for some reason it adds a space at the end and it won't accept the code with a space at the end
    Hahaha, I just wasted money. Apparently I already have a 7th char. 
    I activated it on my second account. Oh well. :)