Securely replacing your house

2»

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,992Moderator
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    I was able to replace my house with a new pre-built keep (went with the Lestat build) after tracking down a few rogue snow tiles that were hidden under a few tiles (wouldn't let me convert until I picked them up).

One thing that I can't figure out is how I went from 260ish available lockdowns to -96 after conversion (everything in the moving crate). I can't lockdown anything in my house (ie unpack the moving crate) with a negative number.

I paged a GM and they were also confused why that happened (they submitted a bug report). Anyone know why this is happening? I'm wondering if it's perhaps something to do with a jewelry box or something like that?

I've been trying to find my jewelry box to see if that's the issue but I can't locate it yet. Also can't find several other things that I'm hoping are just buried. I've opened up EC hoping the grid view will help. Is there a reason grid view has a bunch of empty squares in between items when using grid view in EC (not familiar with EC)?

That was precisely my concern... that converting a Legacy House to a same size custom one, could cause problems with the number of max available lockdowns decreasing significantly.

@ Mariah replied here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/105389/#Comment_105389 that, at least if I understood her reply correctly, this should not happen.

Yet, what has happened to your lockdowns diminishing significantly, gets me puzzled...

@popps. A traditional keep with 60% storage increase has 4830 lockdowns
    A new pre-built keep with 60% storage increase has 4830 lockdowns, exactly the same.
    What @keven2002 discovered was, a jewelry box, when not locked down, does not show reduced lockdowns.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    I was able to replace my house with a new pre-built keep (went with the Lestat build) after tracking down a few rogue snow tiles that were hidden under a few tiles (wouldn't let me convert until I picked them up).

One thing that I can't figure out is how I went from 260ish available lockdowns to -96 after conversion (everything in the moving crate). I can't lockdown anything in my house (ie unpack the moving crate) with a negative number.

I paged a GM and they were also confused why that happened (they submitted a bug report). Anyone know why this is happening? I'm wondering if it's perhaps something to do with a jewelry box or something like that?

I've been trying to find my jewelry box to see if that's the issue but I can't locate it yet. Also can't find several other things that I'm hoping are just buried. I've opened up EC hoping the grid view will help. Is there a reason grid view has a bunch of empty squares in between items when using grid view in EC (not familiar with EC)?

That was precisely my concern... that converting a Legacy House to a same size custom one, could cause problems with the number of max available lockdowns decreasing significantly.

@ Mariah replied here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/105389/#Comment_105389 that, at least if I understood her reply correctly, this should not happen.

Yet, what has happened to your lockdowns diminishing significantly, gets me puzzled...

LOL  Then total number of storage will NOT change just because you pick a different design.  There are items that when placed/locked down in a house that do NOT take any storage on the house menu but will take storage if they are in the moving create.  I know this is beyond your comprehension but believe me it is true.  Lock down a jewelry box with items in it and check your storage before and after.  No need to reply with I still do not understand because we already know that.