Classic Client crashes whenever tries to trade with me.

Does anyone what could be the issue? And no, I don't and won't play in the 3D client. I'm happy with the classic client, but I don't know why it keeps crashing upon player to player trades.
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,123
    Click full file check at the first log in screen. See if that works.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,259
    Did it work before?  Reload the client with the new updates
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 908
    There used to be a bug, not sure if it's ever been fixed,   where if you have your bank-box open, trades cause you to crash.

It affected UOA & default CC,  cannot verify if it has ever happened to EC players, as I rarely login with EC.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • InLorInLor Posts: 412
    No bank open. It's anywhere.

Will do the file check.
    The file check didn't help. :(((
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,259
    When did it stop working?  Is it with all chars on every shard?  Is it all of your accounts?
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,855
    InLor said:
    one other thing you may try is to rename the folder for that character to "charname-backup" and let it rebuild that characters files. If that doesn't get it then you may want to save your uo.cfg file somewhere safe and let the game rebuild that. If neither one fixes it you can always restore the original files.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Not sure about other shards. Besides Atlantic, I have chars on Europa, Drachenfels and Great Lakes.. but when I log onto those shards, they seem pretty much dead. No one even says hi when I greet in the general chat.

I can try.

It's been like this ever since I came back this year after playing 2016-2018 a bit.
    InLor said:
    one other thing you may try is to rename the folder for that character to "charname-backup" and let it rebuild that characters files. If that doesn't get it then you may want to save your uo.cfg file somewhere safe and let the game rebuild that. If neither one fixes it you can always restore the original files.
    It's all characters.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,855
    InLor said:
    InLor said:
    It's all characters.
    then i'd go with the UO.cfg file in the main folder of the game install. copy it to another directory and then delete it from the main and start the game and see what it does.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,354
    I've heard of this from other people, but I'm not sure if any of them found a solution.
    on the other comment, Europa is far from dead, what kind of time are you calling out there? I always answer a 'hi' in chat unless I'm up to my ears and typing in chat will get me killed. You are in General chat and not 'help'?
    edited April 14
    I hope I can find a solution....

When do I log on? Normal EU time, during the day, evening. Europa has gigantic empty spots for popular housing, and a huge "Atlantic" in water barrels outside of town. It's definitely way more desolate than 2016.

It may have to do with Windows 11. My fiancee just installed the game and her client also crashed when any trade is initiated.