Why are some tiles orange during house cutomization?

It should be fine?
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,411
    they are improperly placed
  • InLorInLor Posts: 412
    edited April 11
    But it's just floor tiles on the second floor? https://imgur.com/5RyKgYh
    hmm drop down 1 floor and see if you have floor tiles below them
    ah yes, it was something like that! thanks
    https://imgur.com/iSiEHbx

This I don't get. Why are these few orange?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    You don't have support there.

But where you're indicating lack of support is not exactly where the tiles are orange?
    adding a pillar on the left fixed them all. Weird.

I wanna place waterfalls but can't find anything from which they could "originate".. tips?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    edited April 12
    I have made waterfalls that come out of an archway on the second floor before.  They look cool on the outside.

I think @Petra_Fyde has some waterfall origins.   They can be imaginative.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I had the idea of combining floors, but mine are on the roof.
    I offset a house on the right and made the waterfall on the right side. Had it appear from the roof then fall to the bottom.

I dont think you have a flat roof, But I add a higher level then make the waterfall come from rocks or something.

Like this Lava one.

If you commited to your house and you click customize house will you start from scratch? I made a small mistake.
    InLor said:
    If you commited to your house and you click customize house will you start from scratch? I made a small mistake.
    I think commit saves it?  I always save often.

Also I add deco to places I can't get to easy and if I customize again, they go under the sign.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 790
    @InLor , if you hover your cursor over the various gumps on the customization menu it'll give you info on what they do. I never know if I'm using the word "gump" correctly. Button? Gump? Whatever.

If you get to where you're liking your build well enough that you want to save your progress hit the Backup button. If you work on it more but don't like how things are going you can hit the Restore button and the design will revert back to where you last did a backup of the design.

Revert button will bring you to whatever the design was last Committed to. Commit will save the design so it's what the house will look like when you come out of customization mode. The Clear button will wipe everything out and bring you back to a blank foundation.

Like Larisa said, the orange tiles are because you've not fully supported the build from underneath. You won't be able to Commit the design if you've any orange tiles within it.

Sometimes the orange tiles can be in a hidden spot and you'll be wondering why the heck you can't commit your design. If you're getting the message that you can't commit the design it's more likely than not because you've an orange tile hiding somewhere. And more often than not it's an unfinished or unsupported bit of flooring. To find where it's hiding make the walls transparent. 

Go to each floor and click where you see I've marked with a red arrow...
    You'll find it. :-) Toggling through again until the walls come back and your design looks solid around you again.

Have fun!
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,353
    @Pawain you called?

My 'water feature', raised on 3 different levels with small waterfalls between

<3
    I ditto Skett. The water feature is awesome, @Petra_Fyde ! I can't figure out how you lent texture to the water's surface. Is that dyed carpet? Love @Pawain 's winterland too!
    @ Pawain you called?

My 'water feature', raised on 3 different levels with small waterfalls between

I finished for now, but looking for a bigger spot on Atlantic eventually. Keep+ size, near the water. I guess I'd prefer Trammel maybe.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,353
    Yes, water is carpet  waterfalls are crafted stone, made in any kind but plain granite, the whole lot dyed with wind azul dye from alchemy bods (not inscription!)
    Love it! Thanks, Petra!