Best pet for High Seas??

With the new event coming up, What would be the best pet/skills for killing pirates and plunder beacons.

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    nightmare
  • LegionLegion Posts: 6
    @Skett , I am assuming 120 magery and what else?
  • PotionPotion Posts: 11
    There are pet training gates on TC1 go test it out and quit being lazy asking forum folk for help.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    Id ask @Pawain he is very good at the new pet system
    @Potion Troll has to Troll....
    Thanks @Skett
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,039
    Any pet with Magery Mastery.  mare, kirin will teleport onto enemy ships 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    edited April 11
    IMO anything but a MM pet. Unless you like waiting 20 minutes for the dread pirate to die.

Use fire starboard broadside
    Fire port broadside.

Reload.  Ship is scuttled in less than a minute. 
    Hop over pet eats the orcs in 1 chomp.
    What is damaging you from a ship? Seriously.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    IMO anything but a MM pet. Unless you like waiting 20 minutes for the dread pirate to die.

Fire port broadside.

Honestly i am looking for something new, I have so many Chiv/AI Cu's and Tritons it is ridicules. Did not know if there was something that just was different that worked really well that people were using. MM sounded kool at first but reading about alot of bugs with it.  Damnit a teleporting pet really was sounding good lol.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    edited April 12
    Legion said:
    Pawain said:

Fire port broadside.

Honestly i am looking for something new, I have so many Chiv/AI Cu's and Tritons it is ridicules. Did not know if there was something that just was different that worked really well that people were using. MM sounded kool at first but reading about alot of bugs with it.  Damnit a teleporting pet really was sounding good lol.

Dont be discouraged.
    The pet has a few duties.  First a distracter for Mobs to aggro. Kill sea creatures that are bothering you while loading cannons.  Then to kill the Orcs and Dread Pirate as needed.

You can make a MM pet to use, or Magery as a helper.
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/13894/two-easy-and-cheap-pets-to-make-to-help-battle-sea-creatures

Both of these start with pretty high stats.  So you could build it in a night and it fight the next day after bonding.  Dont use 120 skills, they kill annoying things with 105 or 110s just fine.

You could try a MM pet then switch to an AI/Chiv pet for the dread or test the speed of the MM pet on one.

Fastest Dread pirate killing setup I use is a Giant Beetle with AI/RC and an AI/Chiv Cu.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.