Publish 117 Feedback

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    I do find it strange that the only Dev to provide any feed back here is @Mariah :*
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    edited April 10
    Skett said:
    so the glorious potion doesn't work on the tmaps/ sos chest drop rate of hats at all ? @ Kyronix
    It all depends whether the Glorious Potion works like Luck (but much stronger) or not, I would imagine.

Because, if all that the Glorious Potion does, is make the Luck of the character be further increased so that the drops occur more likely, then, I would imagine, if Luck does not work with Treasure Maps and SOSes, why would then the Glorious Potion have an effect on them ?

That is why I also asked about whether for this Event Luck will be "also" made a factor to determine a higher number of drops for Pirate Hats with Treasure Maps and SOSes...

It all depends, to my opinion, whether Luck and the Glorious Potion are linked in terms of how code decides the highered chances at Pirate Hats drops.

Something which only a Developer can answer, I guess.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,176
    edited April 10
    Appreciate the patch notes but I agree with you @Skett - seems like there are several outstanding questions. Several things have not been answered about intended functionality which are going to either mean something is working or is broken. Maybe Kyronix is busy... then shouldn't our @Community Manager  be answering these?

I appreciate the bump to drops to make things less streaky but that still doesn't tell us the expectation of things like T Chests. Simply answering the question of "Should higher level maps/SOS give more hats (on average)" would tell us what we should be looking for. Same thing with how luck & glorious potions will work.

Here is my previous list of questions I'm hoping to still get answered.

keven2002 said:
    Hopefully we can get some answers soon on pending questions as we try to understand expect results for testing. Some outstanding questions:
    • Can we get clickies for the following (to help with testing content that needs tested): Ancient SoS / White (fabled) Nets / Doubloons / Sea Market Vendor points (or pirate hats) / Portal to Corgul / Charybdis bait (or other way to summon it) / Glorious Potion / Transmog potions
    • How is the green house supposed to work? Is it only meant to store "decorative" plants (ie no live plants)? Is it suppose to be labeled as "Garden Shed"?
    • Can we have functionality added to the garden sheers that we could toggle "Prune Off vs On" that would allow for us to gather resources and set the plant to decoration mode all at once?
    • For the void pool, should the pirate hat "points" stack like ToT points do (ie each pirate you kill increases the chance of getting a drop from the next kill)?
    • Do the pirates hat in Treasure Chests take the place of fragments? In the 8 chests I've done, I haven't seen any fragments.
    • Are we able to make a Pirate slayer spellbook & tali? Or could you add Pirates under Repond?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,123Dev
    Luck provided by equipment & other items will not have any effect on the drop rate for Plunderin' Pirate Hats.

The Potion of Glorious Fortune will increase the drop rate of Plunderin' Pirate Hats in all collection methods.

Plunderin' Pirate Hats collected via the Void Pool will be awarded based on the number of waves participated in, with higher drop chances in waves 30+

Plunderin' Pirate Hats do not take the place of any items in chests or SoS.  The number of hats delivered is dependent on the level of the chest.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    Kyronix said:
    Luck provided by equipment & other items will not have any effect on the drop rate for Plunderin' Pirate Hats.

The Potion of Glorious Fortune will increase the drop rate of Plunderin' Pirate Hats in all collection methods.

Plunderin' Pirate Hats collected via the Void Pool will be awarded based on the number of waves participated in, with higher drop chances in waves 30+

Plunderin' Pirate Hats do not take the place of any items in chests or SoS.  The number of hats delivered is dependent on the level of the chest.
    Thanks!!!!!  I hate Luck being in these events.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

This will be a lot of Fun!   Lets get it Live!

edited April 11
    Kyronix said:

@Kyronix

Hold it. Can you please clarify 100% about this, please, to make sure ?

In past ToT type Events, I seem to remember, at least when killing MoBs, Luck provided by equipment & other items did have an effect with the chance of more likely receive an Artifact drop to turn in to the NPC for Rewards when killing MoBs that had a chance to award a drop.

Correct, right ?

For example, also with the latest Event in Tokuno that we had, it is my understanding that characters wearing Luck on their suits, using the Luck Statue etc. had an increase in their drop chances for the Event Artifacts to then turn in to the NPC.

In your message I am quoting, are you perhaps saying that with this new Event, instead, it will be different from the past ToT type Events and it will no longer be the case, and Luck for this Event will NOT factor in any longer as it was for past Event also when killing MOBs, in reference to getting a higher chance of Pirate Hats drops ?

And that now, for this new Event, the only and sole way to increase one's own chance at a Pirate Hat drop will be using the Glorious Potion which will work for ALL collection methods, thus including through Treasure Maps and SOSes besides the collection methods which require killing MoBs ?

To my opinion, this is an important information to have and be certain about 100%, please, because when having to assemble a character's suit, the suit changes enormously if one has to implement Luck in it or not, because having to use pieces with Luck, especially with high Luck, inevitably, this sacrificies other important properties to be able to use fighting with that character so, if, as you say in your message that I quoted, "Luck provided by equipment & other items will not have any effect on the drop rate for Plunderin' Pirate Hats." and this is valid also when killing MoBs that award Pirate Hats, players will be able to 100% forget about having to use Luck pieces and can focus on using only items with properties which enhance combat and survivability of their characters.

So, please, could you kindly confirm without a shiver of doubt that, for this New Event, we can entirely do without using Luck on our characters (whether provided by equipment & other items) and this, regardless of the collection method for Pirate Hats thus also including killing all MoBs which can award Pirate Hats for their killing?

That is, that only and solely the Glorious Potion will provide higher chances at Pirate Hats drops and, this, for ALL collection methods (thus including through Treasure Maps digging and SOSes fishing) ?

Thank you for your further, much needed to my opinion, clarification.

• RadstRadst Posts: 96

TRUTH about these artifacts: you do NOT need these items to be a TOP pvm warrior.

Legendary armors already are very NICE and CHEAP (and they are not shard bound). That's the bottom line.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,993Moderator
    edited April 11
    Skett said:
    I do find it strange that the only Dev to provide any feed back here is @ Mariah :*

Oh wow! Just to clarify, I am NOT a Dev. I'm only the board mod and wiki editor. The PLAYER wiki. written by a player.  Any information I post I've gotten from publish notes on the main page or from my own playing knowledge gathered over the years and shared with fellow players by writing the wiki.
  • FinleyGrantFinleyGrant Posts: 44
    edited April 11

thanks for bumping the resist on the Visage. thats needed as getting high resist with luck besides physical is hard to get. 

however iam on board with people saying it lacks a bit of "dexxer" stuff. 
    how about adding 10 stam? or trading the 4 hpr for 10 stam 
    in my opinion each warrior have some kind of healing method going be it vampiric or the healing skill which drastically outperforms 4 hpr...

also one thing i might want to mention:
    it suppose to be a pirate / sea / treasure event....
    so please do us a favor and give us a nice fishing pole with lets say 50-100% bait strengh and spell channeling so we fishers also have a nice reward which is actually usable for something.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,176
    Kyronix said:

All good to know information; thank you.

I was hoping to get an answer on how the greenhouse should work. I'll rephrase from my original question. The greenhouse now allows for growing plants to be placed in the container but a player cannot access the plant from the container. The server hasn't reset so I'm not sure if the plants will mature in the greenhouse but I don't think they will. My expectation of a greenhouse would be to actively be able to grow plants (and access them) within the container (greenhouse).

How should this item work?

Mariah said:
    Skett said:
    I do find it strange that the only Dev to provide any feed back here is @ Mariah :*

Oh wow! Just to clarify, I am NOT a Dev. I'm only the board mod and wiki editor. The PLAYER wiki. written by a player.  Any information I post I've gotten from publish notes on the main page or from my own playing knowledge gathered over the years and shared with fellow players by writing the wiki.

sure.... sHhhhh   ;)
    edited April 11
    The greenhouse is working as intended.  You still must have plants in your backpack or locked down to grow them.  Or use a garden bed like most gardeners these days. 

Luck isn’t required, this isn’t a treasures event so things will function differently.  
    can you at least bump the storage amount to 250 like the garden shed @Kyronix
    Skett said:
    can you at least bump the storage amount to 250 like the garden shed @ Kyronix

Sorry, no.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 303
    edited April 11
    Kyronix said:

Thanks alot for clarification, I'd still make luck influence tmaps and sos hats drops, isn't it the goal to get a good luck suit and do tmaps? After all we are all farming for that Orc Luck Visage... but at this point I'm also ready for it to go live
    Kyronix said:

Thanks alot for clarification, I'd still make luck influence tmaps and sos hats drops, isn't it the goal to get a good luck suit and do tmaps? After all we are all farming for that Orc Luck Visage... but at this point I'm also ready for it to go live

Luck is still going to do all the things luck suits do in relation to T-maps and SoS loot, so if I were doing those activities I'd be in a luck suit for the OTHER items I get in addition to the Plunderin' Pirate hats. 

At least for the hats, the only "luck" you'll be contending with is RNG - with chances amplified by the Potion of Glorious Fortune.
    :(
    hehe i got ignored nice <span>:disappointed:</span>
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 303
    edited April 11
    Edit by quickblade :  nvm
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    edited April 11
    popps said:
    Kyronix said:

@ Kyronix

Hold it. Can you please clarify 100% about this, please, to make sure ?
    LMAO  Seriously how much clearer do you need it.  It is written in plain english, or can you not understand a simple statement and I am %1000 sure he is %100 sure about his statement.  And please if you can not understand a simple statement then I do not need one of your famous BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH replies.  LUCK DOES NOT EFFECT THE DROP RATE OF HATS PERIOD.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rewards are set for now, but will take your suggestions for future advisement. :)

With regards to the Fortune's Visage I conferred with our resident gear aficionado (Parallax)  and The Fortune's Visage isn't designed with any one play style in mind for where it will specifically "slot in". It provides a significant luck bonus on the head slot, as well as several other basic stats that are useful for a wide variety of templates. Additionally, the helm can also be enhanced to extend this bonus even further. It includes Mage Armor by default so caster templates can choose to use the item if they wish, and those with no need for Mage Armor can have it removed for a bonus to the LMC stat. Max luck suits are not a requirement to compete in any content, and those wishing to assemble a suit with the most luck possible may have to make some tough decisions when assembling that suit.
    Kyronix said:

Thanks for the feedback!

Rewards are set for now, but will take your suggestions for future advisement. :)

With regards to the Fortune's Visage I conferred with our resident gear aficionado (Parallax)  and The Fortune's Visage isn't designed with any one play style in mind for where it will specifically "slot in". It provides a significant luck bonus on the head slot, as well as several other basic stats that are useful for a wide variety of templates. Additionally, the helm can also be enhanced to extend this bonus even further. It includes Mage Armor by default so caster templates can choose to use the item if they wish, and those with no need for Mage Armor can have it removed for a bonus to the LMC stat. Max luck suits are not a requirement to compete in any content, and those wishing to assemble a suit with the most luck possible may have to make some tough decisions when assembling that suit.
    all good, just messing around :)

thanks for keeping the fish pole thing in the head tho. a little extra bait strengh could go a long way :)
    So what time are we going live today @Kyronix ; :p
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,039
    Kyronix said:

Thanks for the feedback!

Will it be transmogable
    edited April 11
    Kyronix said:
    The greenhouse is working as intended.  You still must have plants in your backpack or locked down to grow them.  Or use a garden bed like most gardeners these days. 

Luck isn’t required, this isn’t a treasures event so things will function differently.  

Thank you for the further clarifications.

Kyronix said:

Luck is still going to do all the things luck suits do in relation to T-maps and SoS loot, so if I were doing those activities I'd be in a luck suit for the OTHER items I get in addition to the Plunderin' Pirate hats. 

At least for the hats, the only "luck" you'll be contending with is RNG - with chances amplified by the Potion of Glorious Fortune.
    So, while Luck might still be useful, as you remind, when doing Treasure Maps and SOSes to get better quality loot, I imagine that, for those players just wanting to kill MOBs that drop Pirate Hats (Pirates, Orcs, at the Void, Covetous, maybe not for Scalis/Corgul and Charybdis were Luck helps get other nice items), they might do without Luck on their characters' suits for this Event which functions differently as compared to the Treasures Events and focus more on other properties which will help them kill faster and survive better their fights.

• LegionLegion Posts: 6
    Skett said:
    So what time are we going live today @ Kyronix  :p
    Major Kudos if you can get that information!!!
    Legion said:
    Skett said:

probable next week I'm guessing ? I don't think they've done a Friday release before have they ?
    is the boat paint from the black market permanent ? and does it take 3 to get max dark level ? if so that 150k points seem very expensive for a paint that fades
    Skett said:
    Legion said:
    Skett said:

probable next week I'm guessing ? I don't think they've done a Friday release before have they ?
    They have.  But at least send to Origin. Friday then live Friday night.  

Yes the paints are 3 tones.  I assume they fade.  But ya they are expensive  if they dont.