Repairable Items bug when transmogged onto tabbards/hooded robes and eppulettes

Please can we fix this in the next publish its really depressing that ive got an item worth so much in game, plus paid rl cash for the transmog item and then I cant repair it. I know others who also  are in the same situation as me. 

Comments

• PyroPyro Posts: 9
    Yes this needs to be fixed. I have 3 that are transmogged to tabards before I knew it wasn’t repairable. One will be breaking soon. It’s sad that the devs put something in game and shortly after know there’s a problem and still don’t fix it but put more new content into game. I think they should reimburse me an fc robe but do you think they will? Nope. Do your job please! 
    @Kyronix @Mariah can you please give some feedback to this. People shouldn’t lose items due to issues out of our control. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    Why am I tagged?
  • psychopsycho Posts: 292
    Mariah said:
    Why am I tagged?
    Most likely because people confuse you of dev, or have faith in your ability to forward important information. Just a guess.  But anyway, this non-repairable item is a bug and should be posted in bug forum, for all I know it might already have been, since this bug isnt new. But still very annoying for the people in posession of such non-repairable items.

I hope for a fix, and for no new items with this sort (i.e. the new items on TestCenter right now)

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Going back through my Meet and Greet logs. The earliest that I can find this mentioned was January of 2023.

[23/01/30][18:20:38] [Dragula]: just please take a look at the Tabard I am wearing

[23/01/30][18:20:47] [Dragula]: It cannot be repaired

[23/01/30][18:21:15] [Dragula]: Suaron over there is my Mule and I have tried to repair it with all skills

[23/01/30][18:21:50] [Dragula]: I had to purchase a Transmog potion in order to Transmog but now I cant repair it

[23/01/30][18:22:43] [Mesanna]: one sec

[23/01/30][18:22:51] [Dragula]: np

[23/01/30][18:23:38] [Kyronix]: We can look into it, thank you for the feedback

Then again in September:

[23/09/25][18:53:44] [Queen's Guard]: Archlich reward artifacts that have been transmogged can not be repaired, is there a fix?

[23/09/25][18:54:46] [Mesanna]: we have not put in a fix for that as of yet

I thought it was brought up more recently but I cannot find it.

Anyway, yeah it's been around awhile so I do hope they figure it out!

• AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 244
    It's not a bug, it is working as intended was covered in a newsletter.
  • ThandorThandor Posts: 31
    It's working as intended? How is this? The original item is repairable and I've transferred its qualities over. If that's working as intended it needs to Carry a warning. Its not even got a prized or antique note on it. The vvv eppulettes are the same too. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,034
    Thandor said:
    It's working as intended? How is this? The original item is repairable and I've transferred its qualities over. If that's working as intended it needs to Carry a warning. Its not even got a prized or antique note on it. The vvv eppulettes are the same too. 
    It's working as intended because the developers don't know how to fix it.  the sugar and will troll you and get thread closed, It's the UO way. At the very least add a this will become non repairable gump when using potion 
    It should be a simple fix. Not sure why it hasnt been fixed already. The new waki that was in the last event already has a fix for it, so why doesn’t this have a fix? Just seems like they would want to fix things that they recently put into game that weren’t all the way thought out. 
    And as thandor mentioned if it was intended to be this way (which is fine it is was) it should carry a warning or should of been on a newsletter or something 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited April 9
    Just because I'm posting this information, does not mean I agree with the dev team's stance.

Also, it was @ForeverFun that curated the list. Someone may have been having a glass of wine one evening while composing the newsletter after work...who might it have been?

:D 

--
    UO Newsletter #17 (campaign-archive.com)

"
    Bugs Update

We recently received a request on the forums for some updates on outstanding bugs - we've culminated the list and wanted to share our findings.  Thanks forum user ForverFun for culminating the list!

"
    -Arroth
    Yes this just goes to show their lack of communication to the uo people because if this is working as intended then you shouldn’t have even been able to transmog it to this unrepairable item. Unless they just intended to watch people do it and laugh while knowing they won’t be able to repair it and lose the item eventually. I honestly hope they do the right thing and either replace the people that have transmogged it into the tabard (which I know won’t happen) or fix it to make it repairable. Like myself I have 3 done this way before knowing u can’t repair them. I have put them in chest hoping they make it repairable. One is at 0/254.
  • ThandorThandor Posts: 31
    I can't possibly believe it was intended that two items from the same event, one of which was a transmog destination for the other are not compatible.  This is such a disappointment to read. What would the community have to do to request this was changed. Its not like the item has been lost and requested to be replaced. A warning is very important in this regard.  I'm not usually a complainer
    @Kyronix can we get some communication on this matter please? 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,117
    Pyro said:
    @ Kyronix can we get some communication on this matter please? 
    They did.  You just do not like the answer.  Working as intended.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Pawain said:
    Pyro said:
    @ Kyronix can we get some communication on this matter please? 
    They did.  You just do not like the answer.  Working as intended.
    Well they are basically scammers then because it should have been put in the publish notes when the event came out. So in my eyes uo devs are scammers until they fix their mess up
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    Clearly whoever answered the questions in that newsletter, either didn't understand the questions? (not sure how)

or

It's actually intended, and it makes no sense as to why it would be.

either way, it's not good.   it's one of those things you'll probably only ever see here in UO.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    ^^^^^ AGREED
  • ShaneeShanee Posts: 12
    It's very frustrating. I also asked about it in a meet & greet and they said it's working as intended.

The fact they charge money for us to customise our items and have no warning that it'll make it basically useless (no repair, no powder of fortifying) feels really scammy and like a slap in the face of us users.
    ^^^^^^AGREED