"I've had it with the dev bashing."

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited March 24 in General Discussions
Wouldn't be an issue if we had a working website not down for 48+ weekly having to be manually reset,
Wouldn't be an issue if we had a working forum that didn't require spamming login 500 times,
Wouldn't be an issue if we had a working login server and not having frequent issues,
Wouldn't be an issue if servers weren't constantly crashing every other day,
Wouldn't be an issue if 10+ year old bugs weren't ignored and fixed,
Wouldn't be an issue if vendor search wasn't broken every other search,
Wouldn't be an issue if 3rd party clients were addressed,
Wouldn't be an issue if rampant cheating in EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME was addressed,
Wouldn't be an issue if Devs gave us real updates instead of copy/paste ToT/Quest/Spawn repeat,
Wouldn't be an issue if we got Dev time to the live game instead of 95% dedicated to vaporware NL,
Wouldn't be an issue if this was a ANY OTHER GAME.

Why can't we fix any of these low hanging fruit issues? All long standing issues. They are clearly aware of everything above, yet nothing gets fixed. For any other business in the world any of the above is unacceptable but for some reason the UO players love/accept this and bury their heads in the sand. Any one of these would be concern for any real game, alas, this is not a real game and for some reason the players are happy with nothing and will white knight/simp for our glorious leaders. Truthfully is embarrassing the above list can be made yet the dev time is full throttle NL still.

Tried to refer a friend to UO once. The website was down. When it came up, the account management was down. They never tried again.

Gee wonder why all shards are dead except 1? 

I would love nothing other than for this game and the devs to succeed but they are making it really hard these days. If any devs read this start simple, fix one thing: the website. Get a new host, whatever it may be, it needs to be fixed ASAP. Please. Don't do it for me, do it for you.

We do not mean to bash the devs.

We are passionate.

We care about the game.

The direction the game is going is clearly not working.

Prioritize. Address the BIG ISSUES.

Then work on NL.

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    IBTL.  B)
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Oreogl said:
    IBTL.  B)
    Get your +1s while you can.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    Oreogl said:
    IBTL.  B)
    Get your +1s while you can.
    Gotta rack up the post count!
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    Oreogl said:
    IBTL.  B)
    I'd say it'll be open a while, nothing in the OP is overly bad. no foul language, no personal attacks etc.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Oreogl said:
    IBTL.  B)
    I'd say it'll be open a while, nothing in the OP is overly bad. no foul language, no personal attacks etc.

Sure, you could be right. 

I’m not putting money on it though. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    :D
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    Oreogl said:
    Oreogl said:
    IBTL.  B)

Sure, you could be right. 

I’m not putting money on it though. 
    C'mon, not even Tree Fiddy?

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    It's also the attitude of the forum anyone with an issue is immediately attacked and the issue dismissed 
    Grimbeard said:
    It's also the attitude of the forum anyone with an issue is immediately attacked and the issue dismissed 

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited March 24
    Grimbeard said:

This!!!

Coming here with a legitimate issue, a real issue that is effecting your game play, will immediately make you the target of 3 accounts that do not contribute anything to any thread but just attack the poster. They wont even have a valid point 99% of the time.

Bonnie was a dumb person to bet all of her chips on NL. NL was a stupid decision no matter how you look at it. Nobody asked for it. Nobody wanted it.

I and pretty much every single person in my guild, would much rather have the devs fix know bugs/exploits rather than work on NL. 

- Freeze the development on NL. 
    - Focus on fixing and improving the current production shards for a half year.
    - Take action against blatant exploit users and multiboxers.
    - Provision faster servers for the VS DB and event areas.

For f**ks sake, do these and you will have my total approval. But, this won't be done. Because bonnie is single handedly the dumbest and the worst product manager I have ever seen in my whole life. 

Bonnie needs to go.
    shootgun said:
    Grimbeard said:

This!!!

Coming here with a legitimate issue, a real issue that is effecting your game play, will immediately make you the target of 3 accounts that do not contribute anything to any thread but just attack the poster. They wont even have a valid point 99% of the time.

Bonnie was a dumb person to bet all of her chips on NL. NL was a stupid decision no matter how you look at it. Nobody asked for it. Nobody wanted it.

I and pretty much every single person in my guild, would much rather have the devs fix know bugs/exploits rather than work on NL. 

For f**ks sake, do these and you will have my total approval. But, this won't be done. Because bonnie is single handedly the dumbest and the worst product manager I have ever seen in my whole life.
    @Victim_Of_Siege that bet still good?

Oreogl said:
    @ Victim_Of_Siege that bet still good?

If the bet was whether or not I was going to be banned, then the answer is I am going to be banned. I made quite a bit sure of that in private messages to the mods. 

My guess would be Monday around 1pm when bonnie finally makes it to the office and sees the screenshots from mods.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    I agree with the OP mostly.... at least when it comes to 'dev bashing' it's mostly on things they should be in control of, bug fixes, cheating, repeat events (after NL, I'd expect to see different types of events),  the UO.com mainpage going down, doesn't bother me, but it definitely makes the game look worse when there doesn't seem to be much effort to correct the issues most frequently popping up.

out of everything, i think the thing with the worst optics would be that the Forum rules are more strictly enforced than the in-game rules.   that absolutely needs to change.
    If you don't want to ban people for botting or using third-party programs (mostly done with the same cheats anyway)  there should be an official statement saying '<third party programs> are allowed'... If there isn't the players should fully expect the cheating be dealt with.

You don't come out and say 'third-party-programs are detectable' and do nothing to followup on it. that obviously made things worse.    -free shards have like 95% of the UO media content, half of the screenshots you might see posted here (if you see them before a mod finds it) or on discord you'd think they're all from free shards if you didn't know better.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    shootgun said:
    Oreogl said:

If the bet was whether or not I was going to be banned, then the answer is I am going to be banned. I made quite a bit sure of that in private messages to the mods. 

My guess would be Monday around 1pm when bonnie finally makes it to the office and sees the screenshots from mods.
    Nah, only if the thread would be locked.  I don’t see anyone here rooting for you to be banned.

It’s made it further than I would have guessed.

#blessed
    The thread will be locked by the 'usual suspects' (pretty good movie) as every thread normally is.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said:
    The thread will be locked by the 'usual suspects' (pretty good movie) as every thread normally is.
    That’s the one with Kevin Spacey right?  Kaiser Sosai or however you spell it. 

No idea if they have a known issues/bugs forum thread somewhere.  But it may be more productive adding the information to that, than above. 

But this thread may be useful if it doesn’t devolve further.  Perhaps picking a single topic to address first would be a good approach.

• JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    edited March 24
    NL was a stupid decision no matter how you look at it. Nobody asked for it. Nobody wanted it.
    I want it. I ask for it.

I want it even more now that it seems to infuriate people who can't figure out that their preferences don't equal the preferences of others, and that they shouldn't try to generalize for everyone. I want it because even if it's a train wreck then at least they tried to give us something unexpected. "Give us only what we want" is petulant at best, and entirely anti-art and expression at worst.
    Oreogl said:
    shootgun said:
    Grimbeard said:

This!!!

Well, since it's made it this long, whether it gets closed or not is irrelevent. The bet now will be how many times Grimbeard and Pawain have a back and forth while pretending they aren't in love . . .

@Jepeth Developing NL is not a problem in itself. They can accommodate different users with different preference. But betting all of their chips on NL was stupid. The production shards have been on maintenance mode for what, 5 years now?
    Oreogl said:
    shootgun said:
    Grimbeard said:

This!!!

Well, since it's made it this long, whether it gets closed or not is irrelevent. The bet now will be how many times Grimbeard and Pawain have a back and forth while pretending they aren't in love . . .
    I’m impressed they’ve maintained the facade this long.  True love finds a way  <3
    edited March 24
    Oreogl said:
    I’m impressed they’ve maintained the facade this long.  True love finds a way  <3
    There is a possibility they are away from their computers given the fact that it is sunday. They will lock this thread up the second they lay their eyes on it.

Edit: Please disregard the message above, I misunderstood @Oreogl
    shootgun said:
    Oreogl said:
    There is a possibility they are away from their computers given the fact that it is sunday. They will lock this thread up the second they lay their eyes on it.

I’m not sure we are referring to the same thing here.  We are talking about Grimbeard’s and Pawain’s unbreakable bond.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Hey I don't hide my love 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    Oreogl said:
    shootgun said:
    Grimbeard said:

This!!!

I was up till 3 sinking ships and beacons.  Then I played some Wingspan. So I slept in today.

Y'all seem to have this thread under control.  . Everyone sees the OP threw a fit like a 2 year old.

@Jepeth rock it!!!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    Wouldn't be an issue if we had a working forum that didn't require spamming login 500 times,
    I am here every day, Log in first try on my phone and Silk tablet.  Use firefox.

Wouldn't be an issue if we had a working login server and not having frequent issues,

Wouldn't be an issue if servers weren't constantly crashing every other day,
    Servers do not crash every other day.

Wouldn't be an issue if 10+ year old bugs weren't ignored and fixed,
    None of these bugs affect most players gameplay.

Wouldn't be an issue if vendor search wasn't broken every other search,
    Vendor search is working fine, has been for a long time.

Wouldn't be an issue if 3rd party clients were addressed,
    I use CC and I can not tell what others use. Nor do I care.

Wouldn't be an issue if rampant cheating in EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME was addressed,
    I see no cheating in my daily play.

Wouldn't be an issue if Devs gave us real updates instead of copy/paste ToT/Quest/Spawn repeat,
    Posters asked for ToT.  I kept saying please no more ToT.  They wanted the original one over and over, at least the Devs make it fresh each time.

Wouldn't be an issue if we got Dev time to the live game instead of 95% dedicated to vaporware NL,
    They do events more often than they did before NL.  We used to just get 1 event per year in September and then Halloween, Christmas stuff.  So, from Jan to September, nothing was new.  It went that way for many years.

Wouldn't be an issue if this was a ANY OTHER GAME.
    Not able to respond to bad Grammar. Unsure of what this means.

Its a matter of perspective, not all players have the needs you have.  Plenty of players are having fun every day in UO and they don't even know the UO wiki exists or these Forums exist or other clients exist.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • HeavySmokerHeavySmoker Posts: 50
    edited March 24
    Original post speaks truths, most people these days do not want to see the TRUTH they would rather combat the truth so they can stand out and pretend to be a hero like Pawain.. The ones that truly have concerns and care about the game want to voice their opinions and have things worked on.. We PAY for this game, so we should be able to do just that, and have our concerns at LEAST looked into instead of shunned.

Anyways, Vendor search is one thing that could be fixed that has been halfway broken forever, half of the time it works, half of the time it doesn't, people complain about it 24/7, yet it never gets worked on, it's an amazing addition to the game, and essential (when it works), and simply a huge headache when it doesn't... He's right, no other games just "let stuff half ass work" never addressing the problem.

In PVP now we have people abusing a bug to turn into a pixie or any other costume while riding mounts, you can barely even see the person pvping, this needs to be addressed, it looks like people in pixie form flashing around on your screen, effects pvp in a big way.

People get fed up paying for the game, and not getting OBVIOUS/EASY fixes taken care of, so yes people get frustrated, just like in the "Meet and Greet" pretty much everything asked was just blown off, we know nothing is written down or taken into consideration for future fixes/implementation. We need leaders that are going to take charge,  because there ARE still a lot of PAYING customers, and without those paying customers, OSI is no more.. There are freeshards with more population than OSI..

Also, the gentleman in the meet and greet asked why we have no advertising, or why UO isn't a part of steam, hes right 100% (seemed like one of the staff members was offended by the question) which is weird to be offended by, if we did ANY advertising it would draw in more people and money for the game, which could be used to pay people to actually fix the issues without it feeling like such a chore to sink any hours into working on the issues at hand.

edited March 24
    Oreogl said:
    CovenantX said:

No idea if they have a known issues/bugs forum thread somewhere.  But it may be more productive adding the information to that, than above. 

But this thread may be useful if it doesn’t devolve further.  Perhaps picking a single topic to address first would be a good approach.

Correct, Kevin Spacey movie.

There is a bug report forum, tons of reports, some with and without enough information to easily reproduce... some have been fixed but most have not.   It also seems like @Misk doesn't report "It's in the system" anymore, like he did early on within these forums, or like he did back when stratics was the "official" forum for UO.

It does appear he at least looks at the forum every now and then. last month year was when Misk was 'last active'.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said:
    Oreogl said:
    CovenantX said:

Correct, Kevin Spacey movie.

There is a bug report forum, tons of reports, some with and without enough information to easily reproduce... some have been fixed but most have not.   It also seems like @ Misk doesn't report "It's in the system" anymore, like he did early on within these forums, or like he did back when stratics was the "official" forum for UO.

It does appear he at least looks at the forum every now and then. last month was when Misk was 'last active'.

Yeah looks like he hasn’t commented in a few years, which is unfortunate.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    CovenantX said:

There is a bug report forum, tons of reports, some with and without enough information to easily reproduce... some have been fixed but most have not.

Well, the devs say to post in the bug section. Then when you do a step by step it gets edited because of the forum rule not to post a step by step. Then it doesn't get fixed because they need more info. But you can't put more info because repeat previous.