Meet and Greet 18 March 2024

A screenshot taken of Meet and Greet 18 March 2024. I think the corpse of UO Pom Pom was humorous. Not sure if he was put down by one of the hosts. I noticed Amber showed up. Any other takes on the meeting this evening?

Comments

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited March 19
    From the top of my head:
    • No bane dragons :( but they will think about adding something different in the future. (It will have same stats as bane dragon if I did not misunderstand something)
    • Fix for spark on the item from last event will be in the next patch so it wont proc with WW.
    • EJ accounts cant join the pirates event.
    • There was something about mana shield using too much mana at higher levels. There wont be any changes to that.
    • They will take a look at fixing the bug with enhancing gargoyle earrings, necklaces, and amulets before the pirates event.
    • +20 skill scrolls and +60 items will be coming to help tinkerers, carpenters, and fletchers repair items and fill bods without failing to create exceptional too often.
    • EM events will continue in regular shards after NL release. There wont be any changes to them.
    This is all I remember, let me know if I was wrong about any part.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    shootgun said:
    From the top of my head:
    • +20 skill scrolls and +60 items will be coming to help tinkerers, carpenters, and fletchers repair items and fill bods without failing to create exceptional too often.

+60 items sure but i really hope they reconsider adding 120 scrolls. Bad enough trying to squeeze all the skills on as it is. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Urge said:
    shootgun said:
    From the top of my head:

+60 items sure but i really hope they reconsider adding 120 scrolls. Bad enough trying to squeeze all the skills on as it is. 
    Soul stones
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Ej accounts will not be excluded 
    edited March 19
     :) B) :D  
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Thanks @Ben for the cliff notes. Hoping @Larisa can give us the full version today?
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited March 19
    Urge said:
    shootgun said:
    From the top of my head:

The reality is most people I know are already doomed to soulstone skills if you only have one crafter, otherwise, there's no real way to avoid 2 crafters. However! With the new proposed tools/120 caps, if you don't need 180 skill to repair/enhance, drop all tradeskills to 60 real skill and use +60 tool to get to 120. This makes it WAY easier to have a single crafter. 

+60 skill tools for all tradeskills, I'll take the W on that one for pushing and asking for it for so long. Let's hope they don't forget.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    shootgun said:
    From the top of my head:
    • No bane dragons :( but they will think about adding something different in the future. (It will have same stats as bane dragon if I did not misunderstand something)
    • They will take a look at fixing the bug with enhancing gargoyle earrings, necklaces, and amulets before the pirates event.
    1.) As expected. As I've stated previously, the bane dragons were a story 'item' from, "In the Shadow of Virtue - Rise of the Bane Chosen" YOU WILL NEVER GET BANES BACK SO STOP ASKING. They have said they will not re-release them and with good cause: it makes no sense story wise or lore wise. Virtue bane has been dead for 10+ years.
    2.) Even further restricted, ie., cannot earn them at all? Or will the be 'account bound' like Tokuno?
    3.) That's cool, never knew it was a bug not being able to enhance them. Free few resists and I guess enhancing for luck is on the table too, woohoo.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Grimbeard said:
    What was this in regards to?
    Urge said:

You dont have to get your toon up to 120 if you dont want to. The change will not add new items. It will make crafting exceptional items and repairing current items easier. After the change, you can keep your toon at 100 and live as if nothing happened. On the other hand, those of us that like filling bods will have less things to worry about.

username said:
    2.) Even further restricted, ie., cannot earn them at all? Or will the be 'account bound' like Tokuno?
    This part is a little bit fuzzy in my mind. The person that asked this question usually trolls the devs. So I was not paying attention to his questions. I am not 100% sure about what was said.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    edited March 19
    keven2002 said:
    Thanks @ Ben for the cliff notes. Hoping @ Larisa can give us the full version today?

Fenneko also recorded it

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Grimbeard said:
    The upcoming event 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    edited March 19
    No where in the transcript does it say there will be added skill amounts.

When asked if skills could be increased to 120. 

This was said:
    Mesanna says: We will not be doing that.

When asked about repairs.

This was said:
    Mesanna says: we can look into a hammer that gives you the skills to repair.

Look into is not a done deal.

Here is that part of the conversation.

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: can you guys please add +20 scrolls to carpentry, tinkering, and fletching?

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: As well as +60 items for them as well? Is this possible?

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: Failing to repair items, and 60% non-exception rate when filling bods is too much IMHO.

Mesanna says: We will not be doing that

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: What do you guys think?

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: Hmmm, do you mind if I ask why?

Mesanna says: we can look into a hammer that gives you the skills to repair

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    edited March 19
    Dang, I missed another Meet and Greet. I wanted to ask them why I have not gotten a single "smith's hammer" bod for over 3 months despite collecting 30 tinker bods a day 7 days a week. I need 8 of them.  Is there a code in the RNG that says if the master account is mine to not give me that bod?
    TimSt said:
    Dang, I missed another Meet and Greet. I wanted to ask them why I have not gotten a single "smith's hammer" bod for over 3 months despite collecting 30 tinker bods a day 7 days a week. I need 8 of them.  Is there a code in the RNG that says if the master account is mine to not give me that bod?
    Ask @mariah to have Misk check that.
    shootgun said:
    Urge said:

You dont have to get your toon up to 120 if you dont want to. The change will not add new items. It will make crafting exceptional items and repairing current items easier. After the change, you can keep your toon at 100 and live as if nothing happened. On the other hand, those of us that like filling bods will have less things to worry about.

AMEN  UO will collect more sovereigns from me for crafters soul stones, LOL.  Will gladly make all crafters 120.
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The upcoming event 
    It says they are being restricted  "
    shootgun said:
    Urge said:

AMEN  UO will collect more sovereigns from me for crafters soul stones, LOL.  Will gladly make all crafters 120.

There will not be an increase to crafting skills.  Read the transcript.

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: can you guys please add +20 scrolls to carpentry, tinkering, and fletching?  As well as +60 items for them as well? Is this possible?

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    TimSt said:
    that is a good one. I usually fill about 300 tinker bods at a time.
    i think in Feb i turned in about 1200 and only got about 5 of them.
    (I have the same problem with skillets too)
    Pawain said:
    shootgun said:
    Urge said:

There will not be an increase to crafting skills.  Read the transcript.

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: can you guys please add +20 scrolls to carpentry, tinkering, and fletching?  As well as +60 items for them as well? Is this possible?

was going by what was said up above, no transcript to read yet.
    edited March 19

Yeah, they will be taking my money too.

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: can you guys please add +20 scrolls to carpentry, tinkering, and fletching?

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: As well as +60 items for them as well? Is this possible?

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: Failing to repair items, and 60% non-exception rate when filling bods is too much IMHO.

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: That would be amazing! I really appreciate it.

Mesanna says: We all misunderstood what you were asking at first

From this I get the impression that both +20 scrolls and +60 items will be coming to tinkering, fletching, and carpentry.
    shootgun said:

Yeah, they will be taking my money too.

Lord Xen’Rin of Kern says: That would be amazing! I really appreciate it.

Mesanna says: We all misunderstood what you were asking at first

From this I get the impression that both +20 scrolls and +60 items will be coming to tinkering, fletching, and carpentry.
    You are wrong.  She said No.

Then when you kept rambling she said they could look into  hammers to aid in repairs.
    @Kyronix@Community Manager - Can you chime in here to verify what's on the table based on the crafting topic last night? I'm thinking it's what Pawain said where there will be something that will help with repairing but will not be 120 scrolls for crafting skills and may or may not get something to boost skill (like ancient smith hammer) to help with crafting failure rate.
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix / @ "Community Manager" - Can you chime in here to verify what's on the table based on the crafting topic last night? I'm thinking it's what Pawain said where there will be something that will help with repairing but will not be 120 scrolls for crafting skills and may or may not get something to boost skill (like ancient smith hammer) to help with crafting failure rate.
    Every crafting skill has a tally even cooking and they get an apron, maybe all the crafting skills should have aprons
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    All day yesterday I kept looking at the claim that 120 scrolls for other skill were to be added and thinking 'that doesn't seem right.' It would involve a complete reversal of a long standing policy to not do that.
    Incidentally, the cooking apron gives a bonus to exceptional crafting. Such an apron, for any skill, would not help with repairing.
    Mariah said:
    All day yesterday I kept looking at the claim that 120 scrolls for other skill were to be added and thinking 'that doesn't seem right.' It would involve a complete reversal of a long standing policy to not do that.
    Incidentally, the cooking apron gives a bonus to exceptional crafting. Such an apron, for any skill, would not help with repairing.
    I agree. I think the easiest route (IMO) would be to create "crafting hammers" that have +60 crafting skill (Tailoring/Tinkering/Fletching/etc) that all act like the Ancient Hammers for Smithing. It would be added to the corresponding crafting NPC BOD reward.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I think I'd be right in saying every shard has at least one public repair bench?
    With that in mind, rather than creating tools for every craft skill, how about if using the bench gave an increased percentage chance to repair without durability loss?  That would then be available to all players, not just those with crafters?
    He was asking for both repairing items and crafting exceptional items more often. Hence the assumption that the skills would be getting +20 scroll. Nobody from the dev team replied. I think we will wait and see.

Mariah said:
    It would involve a complete reversal of a long standing policy to not do that.
    I wonder when this went into effect. I dont remember hearing about this policy earlier.
    edited March 20
    shootgun said:
    He was asking for both repairing items and crafting exceptional items more often. Hence the assumption that the skills would be getting +20 scroll. Nobody from the dev team replied. I think we will wait and see.

Mariah said:
    It would involve a complete reversal of a long standing policy to not do that.
    I wonder when this went into effect. I dont remember hearing about this policy earlier.
    You gonna pretend it wasn't you asking?   :D

When you asked to have 120 scrolls to other craft skills.
    They said, We will not be doing that.

The game has been going for 26 years everything has been asked before.  They would not just toss out 120 scrolls.  They have to modify those trades to fit a 120 model. they have to find a place to get each scroll 105 thru 120.  

Then you would find the chance of success would be the same thing after the changes and getting 120 skill. UO is built on randomness and failure.  Games that never end can do that. You have years to craft that item.

Ask for an Apron for other skills like cooking has.  Way better chance to get that.

They will look into your repair hammer.  Along with the 100 things they are looking into.