Britannia’s Ship Decay

OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
edited March 17 in General Discussions
Had my brit ship disappear after a week of not logging into that account.  Is it possible it decayed from non use?  

I tried getting a rune from the harbor master but says it can’t be found.

No one else had permission for it so I don’t think it was hijacked, if that is even a thing?

any thoughts?  I’m not super impressed since I paid for it recently.

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    I might be remembering it as wrong but, since the Britannia Ship cost real money (Sovereigns at the UO store which cost real money to buy), it was my understanding that it could not decay ?

But perhaps I might be remembering it as wrong ?
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    popps said:
    I might be remembering it as wrong but, since the Britannia Ship cost real money (Sovereigns at the UO store which cost real money to buy), it was my understanding that it could not decay ?

Im unsure since this is all still pretty new to me.

can they be scuttled by random NPC ships and sink?
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    edited March 17
    All ships Decay, including the Brittanian ship. it decayed and went *poof* Sucks I know, It happened to mine before i chose a lighthouse Veteran reward. you need to refresh the ship every couple of days by boarding it via the Mooring Lines to avoid this.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    The timer is broken 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited March 17
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 
    How so?  I do not leave my ships out for any reason.
    This is what the UO Wiki says.

Decay

If not refreshed your ship will sink/disappear. Refreshing is done through opening the plank on a small ship, or double clicking the rope on a galleon. Since publish 110, March 2021 refreshing can also be done by initiating mouse movement or opening the ship’s cargo hold.  Ship decay follows the same steps as house decay, in the following time sequence:

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days
    • In Danger of Collapsing – 1 day

This means the ship will ‘sink’ at the end of the 13th day.

Now if this is not true and with the up coming event than this should be fix ASAP if not sooner, like NOW PLZ.  @Kyronix @Bleak

Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

If not refreshed your ship will sink/disappear. Refreshing is done through opening the plank on a small ship, or double clicking the rope on a galleon. Since publish 110, March 2021 refreshing can also be done by initiating mouse movement or opening the ship’s cargo hold.  Ship decay follows the same steps as house decay, in the following time sequence:

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

Now if this is not true and with the up coming event than this should be fix ASAP if not sooner, like NOW PLZ.  @ Kyronix @ Bleak

The OP said a week is that 13 days 
    edited March 17
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

Now if this is not true and with the up coming event than this should be fix ASAP if not sooner, like NOW PLZ.  @ Kyronix @ Bleak

Just logging in does not refresh.  Need to know when ship was last used.  He could have used his ship 2 weeks ago but logged in 1 week ago.  Just getting the facts.  I never leave my ships out and I do not use ships every time I play so it could be weeks between ship usage, this could also be the case of the OP but he leaves his ships out.  The reason I state this is because I did what the OP did and forget to refresh it the week prior that is why I no longer leave my ships out.  Also there are areas that if you leave your ship for an extended period it gets moved/deleted
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    popps said:

As always
    TY Jack for the LMAO
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

Just logging in does not refresh.  Need to know when ship was last used.  He could have used his ship 2 weeks ago but logged in 1 week ago.  Just getting the facts.  I never leave my ships out and I do not use ships every time I play so it could be weeks between ship usage, this could also be the case of the OP but he leaves his ships out.  The reason I state this is because I did what the OP did and forget to refresh it the week prior that is why I no longer leave my ships out.  Also there are areas that if you leave your ship for an extended period it gets moved/deleted
    I'm on multiple ships multiple times a day I'm fairly certain the timer being broken is well documented 
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

I'm on multiple ships multiple times a day I'm fairly certain the timer being broken is well documented 
    Have you lost ships that were under the 13 days?  You hear about this occasionally of a player losing a ship, IMHO if it were well documented then where are all the I lost my ship today post flooding the forums and where are all the bug reports.  I am not saying people have not lost ships before but we all know that some people, not all, tend to leave out facts to make it look like UO is at fault.  I am not saying the OP did this.  Will damage decay your ship faster?  Was the ship in Fel or parked where the beacons/pirates spawn.  Do they still delete ships that are blocking Sea/Cliff mining.
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

Have you lost ships that were under the 13 days?  You hear about this occasionally of a player losing a ship, IMHO if it were well documented then where are all the I lost my ship today post flooding the forums and where are all the bug reports.  I am not saying people have not lost ships before but we all know that some people, not all, tend to leave out facts to make it look like UO is at fault.  I am not saying the OP did this.  Will damage decay your ship faster?  Was the ship in Fel or parked where the beacons/pirates spawn.  Do they still delete ships that are blocking Sea/Cliff mining.
    If you're not sure or don't believe it's a bug feel free to search the forum 
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

So that is the best answer to all the questions I asked, TY
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,110
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

That's about all he can do is make a 1 sentence observation.  If he really uses ships so often he could name one a date and not use it and prove what he says.

I also dock my ships after use, so I would be fine if the decay was 3 days.  That would keep shipping lanes less cluttered.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    All ships Decay, including the Brittanian ship. it decayed and went *poof* Sucks I know, It happened to mine before i chose a lighthouse Veteran reward. you need to refresh the ship every couple of days by boarding it via the Mooring Lines to avoid this.

Ah that sucks, but thanks.  I figured it decayed, I should have just dry docked it knowing I’d be out of away.
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

This is probably the cause.  I used the characters but there’s a chance I didn’t actually refresh the ship since I was training fishing last.
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

I’ve read on others that this has been an issue, and even read that it’s go into the moving crate if lost.  I did check that, but it didn’t work.

I was going to check UO website or just buy another one. But both things are down lol
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

That's about all he can do is make a 1 sentence observation.  If he really uses ships so often he could name one a date and not use it and prove what he says.

I also dock my ships after use, so I would be fine if the decay was 3 days.  That would keep shipping lanes less cluttered.
    I should have docked it, but I didn’t think about it.

lesson learned I guess.  I’ll just buy a new one.
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

I didn't play for a while and lost an  Orc ship with 6 Pumpkin Cannons.  Sux to lose stuff, but the seas are already crowded with un manned ships.

IMO if a Brit ship decays, it should go into your bank box.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Pawain said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

I didn't play for a while and lost an  Orc ship with 6 Pumpkin Cannons.  Sux to lose stuff, but the seas are already crowded with un manned ships.

I totally agree, considering that it is an item that cost real money to have, since it is bought on the UO Store with Sovereigns which cost real money to get.

@Kyronix , can we please have this change to have the Britannia's Ship go to the bank box rather then decay ? Thank you.
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The timer is broken 

Decay

• Slightly Worn – 3 days
    • Somewhat Worn – 3 days
    • Fairly Worn – 3 days
    • Greatly Worn – 3 days

I totally agree, considering that it is an item that cost real money to have, since it is bought on the UO Store with Sovereigns which cost real money to get.

@ Kyronix , can we please have this change to have the Britannia's Ship go to the bank box rather then decay ? Thank you.
    Can be earned through quest as well so no need for protection just fix decay speeds 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910

@ Kyronix , can we please have this change to have the Britannia's Ship go to the bank box rather then decay ? Thank you.
    There Popps

was there a need for the stupid super copy quote. NO

SHORT.........SHARP........CONCISE

please learn this and apply to your future posts

People may actually read and dare I say it agree with you........
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Decaying Britannia's Ship to bank box.

Have you thought about the amount of programming required for that?
    Or the number of possible exploits that might make possible?

No other item in the game does that and they have never been able to get the light house to work 100% of the time.
    It has a simple solution Dry Dock Your Ship  everyone else would appreciate it

It's unthinking suggestions like that that gets my blood pressure up and probably why the programming team rarely comment here (They have to be polite)

Tim said:
    1000% AGREE
    Tim said:
    1000% AGREE
    Did you actually read what he said?
    Grimbeard said:
    Tim said:
    1000% AGREE
    He quoted the part he liked.  :D
    Grimbeard said:
    Tim said:
    1000% AGREE
    Yes I did and I still think it going to bank box is a good idea and @Pawain is the one that came up with it and I did not quote the rest because I do not agree with it.
    I don't
    Leave it in the water lose it is the best solution.
    Tim said:
    I don't
    Leave it in the water lose it is the best solution.
    There are 5 ships parked on the other side of Winterspur on LS.  Parked ships should be sent out of the beacon areas after a few hours unoccupied. 
    I prefer the idea of if left in beaconed arias they decay much faster.