Why are EJs able to run repeatable quests with rewards?

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited March 16 in General Discussions
Seems fairly obvious they should be restricted same as the old trials were: they can run each of these quests once and then aren't offered the quest again.

They cannot receive power scrolls from champ spawns, holiday gifts, or other rewards, so why can they endlessly run these quests to receive rewards? They've changed ToT rewards to be account bound, so at LEAST make quest rewards account bound for them?

Similarly, why are EJs able to own/use pack animals? Seem like quite a few "issues" with them using these also and the Devs don't care?

EJs were a mistake.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,111
    Doing a quest 1 time seems fair.  They can do many so they get a taste.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    username said:
    Seems fairly obvious they should be restricted same as the old trials were: they can run each of these quests once and then aren't offered the quest again.

They cannot receive power scrolls from champ spawns, holiday gifts, or other rewards, so why can they endlessly run these quests to receive rewards? They've changed ToT rewards to be account bound, so at LEAST make quest rewards account bound for them?

Similarly, why are EJs able to own/use pack animals? Seem like quite a few "issues" with them using these also and the Devs don't care?

EJs were a mistake.
    WOW Didn't know they could repeat them and totally agree that EJs were a mistake.  They should have just taken the time limit off the old trial accounts.
  • NyreNyre Posts: 40
    I wouldnt call EJ a Mistake so to say   yes there could be imporvements here and there  and this is something that should be looked at when they have the time and resources that allows.  With NLS on the Horizon and production shard content updates  there is very little manpower to make any changes at the exact moment.   I am glad we have an outlet to express our opinions that the dev team reads. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    Exactly which quests and exactly how are EJ accounts doing them more than once affecting your game play?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    TimSt said:
    Exactly which quests and exactly how are EJ accounts doing them more than once affecting your game play?
    How is his posting about it affecting yours?
    Grimbeard said:
    TimSt said:

My comment would not affect other people's game play.  His post would if the devs took action on it.  Why have the devs spend days implementing and testing a change that does not affect the poster's game play just because the poster hates EJ players?
    TimSt said:
    Grimbeard said:
    TimSt said:

My comment would not affect other people's game play.  His post would if the devs took action on it.  Why have the devs spend days implementing and testing a change that does not affect the poster's game play just because the poster hates EJ players?
     the opinion that ej accounts are trouble is shared by many 
    @Grimbeard How does EJ players being able to do these unknown quests more than once affect your game play?
    TimSt said:
    @ Grimbeard How does EJ players being able to do these unknown quests more than once affect your game play?
    My feelings on EJ accounts is well known and irrelevant it's the culture of the forum that shoots down any opinions that do not toe the company line is what troubles me. 
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    edited March 16
    Nothing wrong with what Endless Journey can do, infact they need more restrictions removed.

Your issue is with the Dev's not banning people for attended scripting it seems.
    You ever watch an actual new player on EJ it's a miserable experience.
    https://youtu.be/nUkHQ0mKvZI?si=Jyl_aaBiaAu4PTSJ&t=1949
    TimSt said:
    @ Grimbeard How does EJ players being able to do these unknown quests more than once affect your game play?
    So by that reasoning you are for all forms of cheating and multiboxing
    TimSt said:
    Nope. Cheating and multiboxing affect other people's game play either in pvp, or killing mobs during ToT events that other players could have killed. 
    TimSt said:
    TimSt said:
    Nope. Cheating and multiboxing affect other people's game play either in pvp, or killing mobs during ToT events that other players could have killed. 
    The honest player who grinds to get saws might not enjoy being undercut 
    Grimbeard said:
    TimSt said:
    TimSt said:
    The honest player who grinds to get saws might not enjoy being undercut 
    Don't forget all the Crafting Tallys or recipes but I guess those do not affect other players
    Someone else grinding to get saws, tallys, and recipes does not prevent you from grinding to get them as well.  They are not a limited resource that runs out. One IP prevents more than one EJ from the same network to grind to get them. So if there are multiple characters grinding at the same time then they are not EJ accounts but paid accounts.
    edited March 17
    Yes it does affect the honest player as it devalues his goods, ever hear of VPNs or this in Windows 10, you can also change your IP address from the Control Panel, but I guess you don't think this could be automated.  It only takes one 24/7 automated account to affect honest players.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    The other Tim asked a question that still hasn't been answered.
    What quest is being done and how does it affect you?
    I'm not saying it doesn't just asking for more information

In my case 90% of the quests I know about wouldn't affect me if someone was doing them 24/7.

If it lowers prices .....   wasn't everyone complaing about inflation?  >:)
    Tim said:

In my case 90% of the quests I know about wouldn't affect me if someone was doing them 24/7.

Any quest that undermines/lowers the value of items that honest players sell to upgrade their game playing experience.  Inflation is not a reason to allow cheating.
    TimSt said:
    TimSt said:
    So that same reasoning could be used for quests also because it is less items that an honest player could have gotten.
    Tim said:

If it lowers prices and hurts honest players sales than yes. but the attitude if oh they are cheating but it's ok because no one is hurt is very wrong 
    I am not hurt by low prices.  Let me know when 120 pet scrolls are cheap.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    Prices haven't been low since like 2004.

when you could realistically farm enough gold in a few hours of grinding to buy most items.

now if you don't sell items to other players you won't be buying much of anything from anyone.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    i guess so that any noob can buy a blaze cu or blackrock hiryu for cheap?

edited March 18
    Grimbeard said:
    Tim said:

If it lowers prices and hurts honest players sales than yes. but the attitude if oh they are cheating but it's ok because no one is hurt is very wrong 
    If they are playing a solo game and not hurting anyone why is it any of your business?

Are you afraid they are going to "win" UO?

Note we still don't know what quests they were doing the original poster was complaining about.
    Nor do we know if they are EJ accounts.  If what they are doing is so profitable they can buy game time with their gold.

So Paid accounts should not repeat quests either?
    Tim said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Tim said:

If they are playing a solo game and not hurting anyone why is it any of your business?

Note we still don't know what quests they were doing the original poster was complaining about.
    LOL You seriously think EJ accounts are solo players.
    Tim said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Tim said:

Do all players check in to you before playing, do you require them to tell you how many accounts they will be using for that session?

If not, you do not know what each player uses.  Have you tested this VPN theory for yourself?
    VPN changes your IP address but does it change it for each program you are running, each tab on your browser?  I think there would be more to it than just running a VPN.  Correct me if I am wrong.
    Pawain said:
    Tim said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Tim said:

Do all players check in to you before playing, do you require them to tell you how many accounts they will be using for that session?

If not, you do not know what each player uses.  Have you tested this VPN theory for yourself?
    VPN changes your IP address but does it change it for each program you are running, each tab on your browser?  I think there would be more to it than just running a VPN.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Can I Use Multiple VPNs at the Same Time? 

The short answer is yes

And if you think all those EJ Accounts are single players than you are a bigger fool than anybody thought.

Do all EJ Accounts tell you they are all solo, see how stupid that question is.

Pawain said:
    Tim said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Tim said:

Can I Use Multiple VPNs at the Same Time? 

The short answer is yes

And if you think all those EJ Accounts are single players than you are a bigger fool than anybody thought.

Do all EJ Accounts tell you they are all solo, see how stupid that question is.

I am not the poster claiming  they know who is an EJ account  and who is not.

Personally I would use a paid account to do those things, since  I would be attended so I would not be banned and have to make more accounts.
    edited March 18
    Tim said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Tim said:

I said IF they are playing solo.
    If they are playing with other players it is another issue

By the way how many other players do you drag along on low level quests?
    Again we don't know what quest he was complaining about EJ player doing.