What weapon are you using for killing Beacon Orcs?

PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
edited March 12 in General Discussions
My mage uses an Orc slayer book.

For my archers I decided to make 2 new Bows.  

My two archers do not do specials. I am busy driving the ship while they just shoot.

I decided to make a velocity bow since velocity works with a slayer now.  And a bow that does an area hit.  Both work great, you can see the area spell hit more than 1 orc.

Anyone have a different build bow that works great?

Note: A player is selling Orc slayer bows on Atlantic, but they did not powder them before imbuing, Look at the durability before buying imbued items.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    The requirements are really low 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    edited March 12
    Maybe they will bring back the Halloween Orcs that had more HP.

Faster kills means move to the next one faster.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    A pair of rising colossus and meteor swarm spells whilst the orc crew are in range (3 clients- 3 screens) with a cu to distract any swimming pests 
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    The way I was shown is to approach the beacon from an angle until you can just reach the first orc on one side.  Kill that orc and slowly move toward the beacon one tile at a time, taking out orcs as you go.

And I was shown using a mage with Orc Slayer. 

Neither I or my ship take damage with the method someone showed me on Chessy.  Thank you! Wish I remembered who.
    A pair of rising colossus and meteor swarm spells whilst the orc crew are in range (3 clients- 3 screens) with a cu to distract any swimming pests 
    Those or EVs work.  I can imagine the orc seeing an RC pop up next to him, Oh $#!^ this is not going to end well.
    Feigr said:
    The way I was shown is to approach the beacon from an angle until you can just reach the first orc on one side.  Kill that orc and slowly move toward the beacon one tile at a time, taking out orcs as you go.

And I was shown using a mage with Orc Slayer. 

Neither I or my ship take damage with the method someone showed me on Chessy.  Thank you! Wish I remembered who.
    I go in parallel to the beacon.

Players from Chessy made this video. 

Whatever you do that does not take damage works great.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    That's it.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    This is how I do it:

btw, did you know that if a bard casts tribulation on the lighthouse while shooting it with the cannon you can get extra damage?  My boat does 6500 damage from the cannon plus 3250 from Tribulation.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    well I now have 7.5 million doubloons over 3 shards, there better be nice rewards!
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    This is how I do it:

btw, did you know that if a bard casts tribulation on the lighthouse while shooting it with the cannon you can get extra damage?  My boat does 6500 damage from the cannon plus 3250 from Tribulation.
    Have a bard running provo mastery then cast evil omen!
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 303
    I use my chiv-AI pp WW

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Grimbeard said:
    This is how I do it:

Just to confirm, as I start to figure out my hunting party, Evil Omen doesn't require Spirit Speak to make it stronger, right? If that's the case, I can probably fit some necro skill on my bard rather than doing some sort of brand new hybrid.

keven2002 said:
    Grimbeard said:
    This is how I do it:

Just to confirm, as I start to figure out my hunting party, Evil Omen doesn't require Spirit Speak to make it stronger, right? If that's the case, I can probably fit some necro skill on my bard rather than doing some sort of brand new hybrid.

@ PlayerSkillFTW ??
    If you use evil omen the next hit from anyone is the one amplified. You can't have archers doing damage or one of their hits will do more damage.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    keven2002 said:
    Grimbeard said:
    This is how I do it:

@ PlayerSkillFTW ??

spiritspeak vs targets resisting spells = duration of evil omen. -the damage bonus of omen is unaffected by spiritspeak.

against a high resisting spells level, omen may not last long enough for you to benefit from it. depending on your setup 1 character omen/damage spell rotation, or 2 characters, one spamming omen another spamming damaging attacks etc.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Thank you - I'm casting on the beacons and seems that 80 SS is enough to stick long enough for me to shoot a cannon.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    I summon water and earth elementals to distract the crew while I use a 27 SDI orc slayer spell book and chain lightning to kill the crew.
    Chain Lightning is the best spell that I have found to cast on the crew.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 280
    I use an Orc Slayer spellbook  and spam chain lightning on Orc crews and my archers/throwers use 100% Fire Orc Slayer glaive/magic shortbow with Hit lightning on it. If a Necro in crew, I animate the dead Orcs. Both my ATL and Legends crews have one Mystic-Spellweaver at the helm and cast either Reaper or RC on the beacon craft. IF the Beacon spawn also drops "pirate hats" I may just linger a while at beacon before final shot in order to farm the spawn...

edited March 18
    This is the bow I crafted as my "catch-all" plunder beacons / pirate hunting bow. 

I took a bit of the easy way out by going 100 phys damage mainly because I didn't have any runics to burn to try for a 100% element bow and I'll be spamming AI most of the time anyway. 

I went 40 HLD & 34 velocity to try to get a balance of the 2 (if I maxed one the other would only be around 20%). I went with fireball instead of lightning because beacon lighthouses are immune to energy damage; also went for hit spell over area damage for max damage on a single target. I took it out yesterday and with my bard as support a few tiles behind me I was making quick work of beacon crew and ship crew (ship orcs I killed 1 AI shot).

I realized there are 2 downsides going this route over a garg:
    1. Ammo looks like it's an issue because I have quite a bit on me (3 quivers full) which weighs me down for looting but I also need to restock every couple of hours (depending on how busy I am).
    2. Range. I seem to remember this about the first go around with the beacons that the orc mages have a longer than normal casting range (even when I use a mage they can cast on me but I can't target them). Using a thrower would get me a few extra tiles.
    It's possible I'll swap SW from my bard over to Eval to help with the orcs and to conserve some ammo. I wish the orc crew members were "bard-able" so i could use the other 480 skill points on that template (aside from bard mastery).
    edited March 18
    After you sink the beacon you can pull into the middle of it and loot the orcs. The ones wearing black will have arrows. Around 60ish.  You usually get at least one of these type Orcs. Sometimes you get four.  So after a few beacons I'll still have at least 300 of my 500 arrows. Sometimes I'll have more than the original 500. Also these Orcs are on ships.
    Pawain said:
    After you sink the beacon you can pull into the middle of it and loot the orcs. The ones wearing black will have arrows. Around 60ish.  You usually get at least one of these type Orcs. Sometimes you get four.  So after a few beacons I'll still have at least 300 of my 500 arrows. Sometimes I'll have more than the original 500. Also these Orcs are on ships.
    I tried to pull into the beacon yesterday based on your earlier post saying this was possible and I still was unable. The tillerman keeps saying we are stuck when I try to go through it.

I didn't know it was specific orcs so I'll be sure to check those but from what I checked yesterday, none of them at the beacons had more than a few (nothing close to 60 for sure). On the ships, I do believe the orc captain had like 40 but all the rest only had in the teens max. This was in Tok on ATL.

I also probably run low because I shoot the beacon lighthouse and kill the dread pirates. I'll start checking the corpses more to see if I can find ones with 60+ arrows; that would help quite a bit.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    keven2002 said:
    I tried to pull into the beacon yesterday based on your earlier post saying this was possible and I still was unable. The tillerman keeps saying we are stuck when I try to go through it.
    Tokuno and Orc ships will fit through the middle of the first two sets of orc bodies to your right and left. But not pass completely through all four sets. And you can double click on the bodies from quite a distance. Are you using a Brit ship? Maybe there’re too big to fit? I’ve no idea, I’ve never piloted one. 
    Yup be in the middle then pull up just a couple of spaces and you can reach them all.

If all the orc bodies are still visible and lootable when the beacon sinks you get an Accommodation: Legendary Beacon Destroyer.