Can't even get a working website or forum, how pathetic

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited March 11 in Forum Feedback
uo.com down again for 24h+. Old 2 letter domain and they can't even manage to keep it up.

Takes 500 logins attempts to get a single forum login to stick.

How pathetic. This is amature shit. @Mesanna you run a joke of a team. Take a week off of the new game that no one asked for or wants and FIX THE BASICS.

The lowest of hanging fruits and they can't manage to harvest them. Free shards get more updates in a week than this game has seen in years. No wonder why every shard sans Atlantic is dead.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    edited March 11
    Its a matter of perception, I am always logged in here.  :D  Maybe it only lets positive energy people log in regularly.

UO.com Website has been down each weekend for a while.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited March 11
    @username I 100% agree. The way current UO is run is just a clown show. I hope Mesanna and the dev team finally gets the kick in their a** when NL flops.

After that, may be we can get a competent leadership or convince my guild to move to a free shard. The way UO is right now is just utter disgraceful s**t stain of a clown show.
    shootgun said:
    @ username I 100% agree. The way current UO is run is just a clown show. I hope Mesanna and the dev team finally gets the kick in their a** when NL flops.

After that, may be we can get a competent leadership or convince my guild to move to a free shard. The way UO is right now is just utter disgraceful s**t stain of a clown show.
    Bye
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited March 11
    shootgun said:
    @ username I 100% agree. The way current UO is run is just a clown show. I hope Mesanna and the dev team finally gets the kick in their a** when NL flops.

I'm working on quitting the game. I'm already down to 2 accounts and by summer it will be 1. The last 1 will be the hardest, selling/boxing up everything. I've watched so many guildmates quit in the last year there's barely anyone left and I'm fed up. If I can, I will be gone by the new game launch as it will be the nail in the coffin. Luckily, I doubt they'll hit their target of this fall so I should have at least 3 more years to finally get out 100%.

I'm pretty sure Mesanna will announce retirement shortly after NL releases. She's at/past that age.

Just for reference, new legacy trailer looks like it was done by a 3rd grader:

edited by Mariah

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Posts have been edited or removed due to them being in breach of rule 9 of the forum's ToS
  • OmnicronOmnicron Posts: 20
    shootgun said:

Im fairly certain if NL completely flops, that might be the final box of nails they use to close the coffin....but this sumbitch has lasted 26+ years, so who knows. 
    Im not a big fan of Luc and her $103.92 per month of entitlement. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited March 12
    The trailer looks fine tbh.

Gaming is a competitive market, you cannot tell what will take off or not.

Lots of big titles, with huge investment and development teams are failing, cutting back, all are chasing that 1 big success.

The key thing, is UO Legacy finds a way to be reached by the youngsters. If they find it, and if it grabs their imagination, and ironically it may now be retro new enough, and different enough to everything else out there currently, it could take off.

But it's all a risk, that's the gaming market, like the world of cinema, or publishing.

The easy bet is to say it will flop, because the majority of new games out there, are also flopping.

Edit. The concept of seasons, is also completely in line with what is out there right now. Kids can manage a season, they are all doing it currently, my youngest son is moaning about how hard the new Fortnite season is. No-one is expecting to have 25 years of gaming time to spare, but kids can comprehend a season, they all come in fresh, and equal, the craze spreads through the school year and they all join in. Then it wipes, and they can all start equal again, including new players/ younger siblings etc.

Edit2. And the idea of a personal Legacy/Lore book is very good also. Again, Achievements are tracked in various ways, in many big games - this is a nice UO style way to do it. 
  • ScamNewsScamNews Posts: 3
    @username if the game bothers you that much to the point that you have to come to the forum and lash out on people, you think that will help? we will be happy to see you gone!

quick question, you "selling" everything and than you will quit?  so why are you selling? you giving the gold away? or you selling for CASH??

UO dont need people like you that comes to the forum and all you do 100% is talk shit about this and that person, talk shit to the devs, I mean, PLS LEAVE AND DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE WAY OUT!!

drop mic

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    ScamNews said:
    @ username if the game bothers you that much to the point that you have to come to the forum and lash out on people, you think that will help? we will be happy to see you gone!

quick question, you "selling" everything and than you will quit?  so why are you selling? you giving the gold away? or you selling for CASH??

UO dont need people like you that comes to the forum and all you do 100% is talk shit about this and that person, talk shit to the devs, I mean, PLS LEAVE AND DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE WAY OUT!!

drop mic

BOOM!!!  Very well said.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    edited March 12
    I think you get a lot of negativity on forums because the negative posters get responses.  It reinforces the behavior.  In addition to this, many great posters don't get responses on the forums at all.  It's generally understood that people are enjoying what they post, but there isn't that public reinforcement.

So you get people being reinforced to post negatively and people not being reinforced to post positively.  Some of that reinforcement isn't even coming from this site.  It could be coming from people who lurk here celebrating posts on other forums like parasites.

There are, of course, some valid complaints too though.  So, that can completely be a responsibility of the game management.  For example, why did you all announce New Legacy so early? It's been a very long time.  Also, why isn't there an event going on right now? These are things within your control.

The website thing is kind of annoying.  The Wiki is trying to become the de facto place for information so it needs to be up if people are playing and it was down for a while.  At my work we would assess why something like that happened and come up with an action plan to mitigate it happening again.  If you couldn't, we would work on limiting the impact.  In this case, reducing the amount of time it was down.

It diminishes faith in the official version if it's not reliable.
    @Mariah @Rorschach @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix ; Why is this post even here, it should have been deleted, not closed, but deleted the minute it as noticed by an admin/DEV
    @ Mariah @ Rorschach @ Mesanna @ Bleak @ Kyronix  Why is this post even here, it should have been deleted, not closed, but deleted the minute it as noticed by an admin/DEV
    Agree.

It is kinda funny that he says they cant get a working website, yet we are posting on it.

UO.com is down when they do updates.  
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    most of the time when UO.com is down the forums are unaffected.  but I guess some people (i used to) go to UO.com then to the forums from that page since most news is on UO.com before anyone posts it here... anyway. if that's the case, it is annoying but just go straight to the forums if it bothers you.

When it comes to 'bashing the devs', I'd say if it's about all the cheating that's been going on, it's completely fine at this point, it's not a new thing, it's been going on for decades, progressively getting worse and worse since there aren't any consequences to those who do it.  Bug Fixes often fall into that category as well....  plenty of information to reproduce, in some cases several years time (After the bug report was submitted) and no fix?   -fair game to complain about.

If it's true and in good faith, it's completely fine... if it's direct and malicious it is not. (at least that's how I view it)

I don't see that many personally attacks here, probably because the moderators actually do what they're supposed to, and fairly quickly I might add,  it would be nice if the in-game rules were enforced even half as good as the forum's rules are though.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    This whole thread started as a troll and personal attack on the DEVs, just read the title.  But here it stays and if we make troll/personal attacks we get slapped, guess the OP is special.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Special? Not so much, misinformed and ill advised, probably. He's had his rant, now to end it.