Are the updated black market rewards

2»

Comments

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    Skett said:
    I hope @ AmberWitch gets her crow or a new broom maybe ;)

also be nice if they added the Halloween garland from the orc ships we could use on our ships

Im sure there are better pics some place

Which made me think of a Crow's Nest where we can mount our Black Market Parrots.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    Peg leg pants!
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited February 25
    New Cooking Recipes. For example a "Captain Jack's Rum" drink that when consumed grants a Luck bonus for 30 mins (maybe using Ki-Rin Brains as an ingredient, distilling the fortuitous Fey magic into a drink). Increase the duration of all Magical Fish Pies to 30 mins (their duration is too short currently).
    Plenty of potential for new Cooking Recipes that could actually be useful. Make a rather dead skill useful again to enough people with the buffs it can provide. Virtually every other MMORPG at this point has useful food buffs as a staple use for everyone.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    A battering ram for my ship be nice
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Dungeon Dingy(raft)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited March 2
    @Kyronix - Hi, any chance of adding Solaria's Earrings back into the reward list please.

On Europa, we have a drastic shortage of these, they are already selling at 500m a pair, and we have a lot of pvpers back, trying to gear up. And of course they are Shard Bound, meaning we cannot go elsewhere to get them.

As a comparison, Yukio's Earrings, which had a great drop rate at last Easters event, are now 40m, which I consider an ideal valuation for items.

Can you clarify the black market will get updated and continue to accept cargo?  Then who will we turn hats into?  Will they have different rewards?  @Kyronix ;
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    since everyone is tagging @kyronix for nothing i will. I really dont think we need to get back old items from past event on this new mini event we need new one please.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited March 2
    creampie said:
    since everyone is tagging @ kyronix for nothing i will. I really dont think we need to get back old items from past event on this new mini event we need new one please.
    When you've had about 15 new players join your guild, who want to pvp, and who need gearing up, it would really help us to be able to get hold of some of these critical items.

On Europa, there are 2 for sale, for between 500m to 1 plat.

This is not cool. New players do not have this sort of gold, and even Vet players have issues getting hold of them due to scarcity.

So I disagree with him being tagged for nothing, this would be really helpful if we could progress our new team.

Ultimately, I am against the whole Shard Bound concept, for this exact reason, and always have been, but I'm not making a fuss about that, I'm trying to find a way to progress anyway.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,111
    Cookie said:
    creampie said:
    since everyone is tagging @ kyronix for nothing i will. I really dont think we need to get back old items from past event on this new mini event we need new one please.
    When you've had about 15 new players join your guild, who want to pvp, and who need gearing up, it would really help us to be able to get hold of some of these critical items.

This is not cool. New players do not have this sort of gold, and even Vet players have issues getting hold of them due to scarcity.

So I disagree with him being tagged for nothing, this would be really helpful if we could progress our new team.

Ultimately, I am against the whole Shard Bound concept, for this exact reason, and always have been, but I'm not making a fuss about that, I'm trying to find a way to progress anyway.
    Tuco does just fine in his crafted barbed armor.  Just ask him.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    Cookie said:
    creampie said:

i dont say they shouldn t add them back in the game ever...this event will be on seas/tmaps/sos so it s not the place to add an elite item that was a dungeon event  one 2 times already.. if they want to reintroduce it it should be again during a dungeon event. let see maybe there will be new pirates earrings you would really like....pirates like to wear earrings @Kyronix
  • HippoHippo Posts: 280
    Please add a "Privateer" title to rewards :) 
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited March 8
    Mini triton statute that hisses at people passing by.
    Base rings/bracelets with good stats. I would not even mind paying 200k doubloons for a good base ring with base mod stats. Or they can just add runic reforging for tinkers :P
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    30 SDI Orc Slayer spell books to help mages kill the orc pirates and plunder beacon crews.  From their absence on VS they appear to have been ultra rare drop during the Invasions.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,111
    edited March 9
    TimSt said:
    30 SDI Orc Slayer spell books to help mages kill the orc pirates and plunder beacon crews.  From their absence on VS they appear to have been ultra rare drop during the Invasions.
    Reptile was the only "rare" one.  There were just a lot of different single slayers. I have 3 30% orc books.  The Orc book would fit the theme well. It could go on the NPC vendor.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    Ability to add some thing like "ankh of sacrifice" to ships. So we dont have to use the I am stuck help option if we die at the sea.
    shootgun said:
    Ability to add some thing like "ankh of sacrifice" to ships. So we dont have to use the I am stuck help option if we die at the sea.
    You can still sail when dead
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    My strategy when dead is to sail to the nearest land and then go find a wandering healer - or use my char's sacrifice virtue once I'm ashore.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    Cookie said:
    creampie said:

Cookie is expressing pretty much verbatim how I think and feel on the topics canvased here.  There are lots of reasons why you might have missed out on these items the first and even second time around. Whether you're a new player, or a player who takes long breaks but will always be back eventually, or a player who at the time of an event didn't have the time to play. Or even a player who was involved in an event but couldn't devote hours and hours to grinding to get as many prizes as they'd have liked.

It's fine to say, well, if you snooze you lose. But then it's made almost impossible for players who are willing to buy these items off other players to find any for sale. Players in large part are keeping these items to outfit their own cast of characters. And why not? 

You tie us to whatever shard is primarily where we store our stuff, no matter how underpopulated and sleepy that shard has become, and then punish us by not letting us find these items elsewhere and travel with them?  

The whole system is at odds with itself. 
    We have shard shields available only to veterans of 14 years or more. Right off the bat you're creating a situation where players, new and old, are cut off from the player population and spontaneous game play that could bring players together. 

With so many gamers connected through online chat it makes no sense to me that shard hopping is made difficult and that it's tied to either being a long time vet or you have to be willing to buy a token from the store.  

Wouldn't allowing players to jump on any shard where things are happening in that moment generate more dynamic interest in the game? Wouldn't it bring the population together in a better way? And wouldn't more players getting together be better for the health of the game? And perhaps even bring new players to the game, if those new players could always find something to do and someone to do it with?

And if we do hop around from shard to shard wouldn't it be better if we didn't have to go through our bank boxes, and the gear on our paperdolls, to strip ourselves of shard bound items, then try to put ourselves back together on the shard we're visiting?

It's not too late to unring the bell on shard travel. Or at least change it's tone. Keep the tokens for sale that allow us to pack up and travel with pack animals. But allow shard shields to be first year vet rewards and get rid of the tokens being account bound.  Allow players to sell and trade the shield tokens among themselves. 

And for the sake of all that is holy, get rid of shard bound restrictions on items.

Back to the top of this thread...Those pumpkin headed pirates and their decorated ships were SO MUCH FUN!

Shard Bound until equipped then account bound works for wow...
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited March 17
    Grimbeard said:
    That sounds like a good idea or leave shard bound so it can be used by the owner of multi-accounts.  Wish there was a way so that linked accounts could be considered as one account for stuff like this.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    Grimbeard said:
    I'd rather share equipment between accounts but that'd sure be better than how it is now.
    Grimbeard said:
    Wish there was a way so that linked accounts could be considered as one account for stuff like this.
    Agree 100%

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    I'm not sure if this is the "official" thread with the reward ideas but I'd like to suggest a few other things for @Kyronix to consider since dusting off my archer:

• "Stone" Earrings: 5% SSI and inherent 3% LMC. Would also be fine with just 5% SSI
    • Hooks Earrings: Damage Increase 10% / 10% DCI
    • Archer's Pouch (non equip-able) or Quiver: 75% Weight reduction (arrows/bolts only)