Hiding - How far from aggressive monster at GM?

"You can not hide when in combat, or when creatures are actively hostile; the higher your hiding skill the less distance you will have to run from combat before you can hide again, but spell casting monsters can, and often will, cast ‘reveal’ on your last seen location. If you have stealth, don’t be there!"

That's from the Wiki here on the site.  Anyone know the range at 0 and the range at 100?  I'm working it now and will be able to get the information in a few days, but if it's not a short distance at GM, I may just not bother.

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    7-8 tiles. If you're only doing pvm I'll save you a lot of trouble and say it's useless unless you're planning on doing a stealth tamer. 
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    So at 0, it's 8 tiles and at GM it's 7 tiles? You get one less tile closer for GMing?
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    Stealth herding can be quite fun! Nice to check stats on aggressive tames and herd them to a easy spot to tame...or stealth herd a bull from jehlom pens and watch the script tamer chase it for screens .
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Feigr said:
    So at 0, it's 8 tiles and at GM it's 7 tiles? You get one less tile closer for GMing?
    No at GM it's like 7-8. I haven't tried to check anything less.

Yes forgot about stealth herding.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Urge said:
    7-8 tiles. If you're only doing pvm I'll save you a lot of trouble and say it's useless unless you're planning on doing a stealth tamer. 
    I have a useless stealth ninja fisher
    Thank you.  I'll get on TC or use a soulstone to answer my question.  But I appreciate the stories and opinions.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Feigr said:
    Thank you.  I'll get on TC or use a soulstone to answer my question.  But I appreciate the stories and opinions.
    Keep in mind with Ninjitsu you can use smoke bombs
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Feigr said:
    You do not need any soulstones on TC as you can set your skills to anything you want at anytime.
    Try line of sight.
    Feigr said:
    You do not need any soulstones on TC as you can set your skills to anything you want at anytime.
    Thank you.  It was more an "or" situation.  Can you also set virtue values? I'm curious about some of those mechanics as well.
    Try line of sight.
    Can you hide out of LOS even if they're within range?  Or are you mentioning that so they don't cast reveal?
    Feigr said:
    Feigr said:
    Thank you.  It was more an "or" situation.  Can you also set virtue values? I'm curious about some of those mechanics as well.
    Try line of sight.
    Can you hide out of LOS even if they're within range?  Or are you mentioning that so they don't cast reveal?
    Once you break LOS you can hide but if you are still in their reveal range you may get revealed again.  Skills and Stats are the only thing you can set at will.