Upcoming event and ship tracking

Any shot at getting ship tracking update so players ship show as different color?? With the increased traffic it's gonna be a mess

Comments

• vortexvortex Posts: 202
    Love this idea! I hope the ships spawn more in all locations at least if not
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Also make tracking work all the time. It turns off for about 10 mins every hour.  I feel that will be a topic of a Novel when the event begins.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    Bumper cars with ships?
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    Bumper cars with ships?
    :D

BTW, once in a while the ship tracking gets stuck and it will not update it self. Turning it off and on does not fix it. You have to logout and login. Happened to me once in every couple days when I was actively chasing pirates everyday.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    Yeah, why i hunt Plunder Beacons on Napa, and transfer the booty back to Atlantic. Trying to hunt Plunder Beacons on Atlantic is damn near impossible, with how clogged the seas are with player ships (and tracking picking them up).
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    now one solution to the flaws with tracking is to place markers now this a small shard and in 5 min i placed 6 now imagine the event on Atlantic ....

Or players stop leaving ships in the seas when they are not using them.  You can have 5 beetles.  A hold cant hold more than that.  
    Pawain said:
    Or players stop leaving ships in the seas when they are not using them.  You can have 5 beetles.  A hold cant hold more than that.  
    There will be 50 + people at sea on Atlantic activity sailing its gonna be an issue no clue about your beetle comment?
    edited March 3
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    There will be 50 + people at sea on Atlantic activity sailing its gonna be an issue no clue about your beetle comment?

They choose to play there.  And how many of your dots are un manned ships?  They need to dry dock them.
    Grimbeard said:
    I sincerely hope that this event will have a land invasion part. The more I think about this, the scarier it becomes.
  • NyreNyre Posts: 40
    You can also do Treasure maps and SOS  for Pirate hats
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    edited March 4
    To 'bullet point' the information from the newsletter:

• Battle pirates and plunderbeacons,
    • ransack ship cargo, 
    • dig up treasure chests, 
    • fish up treasures from the deep,
    • try your mettle against a pirate brawl

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited March 4
    shootgun said:
    Grimbeard said:
    I sincerely hope that this event will have a land invasion part. The more I think about this, the scarier it becomes.

Agreed. I decided to hop into the game yesterday to knock some rust off on sailing/pirating. There wasn't anyone else actively sailing (that I saw) but there were many player owned ships muddying up my tracking. Not a huge a issue for me yesterday but I can see how this could make tracking kind of useless when 75-80% of what you are tracking would be player ships (assuming there will be a large influx of them for event) during the event.

The thing I think would be a bigger issue is going to be shooting ships/beacons while potentially competing with other players (on different ships). I can see the potential for a ton of griefing (ie blocking other ships from participating or stealing kills/loot). I could easily see someone blocking another player with their ship and stealing the kill (it would be even easier if you had a guild with multiple ships) because it becomes difficult to fire on a ship/beacon depending on ship placement. That's not to mention if rewards would be in the crates/ship hold where the ship is open to everyone when it's scuttled; I'm guessing that's probably easy enough to script where as soon as the ship is scuttled someone hops on the boats opening & removing loot way before a non-scripting person can (even more so if they have multiple accounts where one hits the hold and other hits the crates all simultaneously). This doesn't even take into account some of the 5+ stacks of scripting gargs we see at every ToT event chain AI'ing everything on screen that might give a drop. In the case of a plunderbeacon; I can see that becoming an issue with people blocking with row boats to prevent cannon shots and/or a lot of complaints coming from people who are spending more time repairing their ships than participating in the event because they are trying not to be blocked out on the beacons (all while the garg stacks are cutting through the beacons like a hot knife through butter).

I do genuinely like the idea of having the high seas be included in the event, but I do think there should be other means of getting drops (on land) for those that don't/can't use ships well enough to make the event fun for them.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Nyre said:
    Well, in "theory"...

In reality, it will very much depend on how @Kyronix and the Developers' Team will decide to make Pirate Hats spawn in Treasure Maps and SOS chests...

Doing Treasure Maps and sailing across the Seas to SOS locations is significantly more time consuming as just destroying a Beacon or disabling a Pirate or Merchant ship so, unless Pirate Hats will be designed to generousily spawn in Treasure Maps and SOS chests to compensate for the time intensive that it takes to get them done, I am not sure about how many players will actually pick this as a way to get their Pirates Hats as compared to just doing Beacons, Pirates and Merchant ships.
    popps said:
    Nyre said:
    Well, in "theory"...

In reality, it will very much depend on how @ Kyronix and the Developers' Team will decide to make Pirate Hats spawn in Treasure Maps and SOS chests...

Doing Treasure Maps and sailing across the Seas to SOS locations is significantly more time consuming as just destroying a Beacon or disabling a Pirate or Merchant ship so, unless Pirate Hats will be designed to generousily spawn in Treasure Maps and SOS chests to compensate for the time intensive that it takes to get them done, I am not sure about how many players will actually pick this as a way to get their Pirates Hats as compared to just doing Beacons, Pirates and Merchant ships.
    The ones that like doing those things and are not constantly asking, what's in it for me?
    edited March 5
    **** man, I was looking forward to this event but now I feel depressed. It seems like this event will be an even bigger cluster **** than the previous one...

Lets just hope that NL becomes the inevitable flop that it is going to become after 5 years of development, so I can finally move to a free shard together with my guild. I keep hearing great things about *****.
    edited March 4
    shootgun said:
    **** man, I was looking forward to this event but now I feel depressed. It seems like this event will be an even bigger cluster **** than the previous one...

None of the events have stopped players from getting rewards.  We already did this High Seas when Beacons came out.  There was no cluster, just players getting drops.

I played the last event alone after the first 2 weeks, everyone had their drops and items they wanted.  I just wanted more.

Only Atlantic will be crowded.

So you play on Atlantic and cant find a pair of blank 5% SSI jewels?
  • RinerRiner Posts: 366
    I really like this idea of adjusting tracking to show different colors based on rather it is a player ship, pirate ship, merchant ship, or beacon. Would make life much easier.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 292
    What surprises me is that there are some places in the waters beacons and ships spawn alot, then there are other huge wastelands of ocean where nothing spawns at all.

Maybe update the spawn locations abit, throw in some more boats & beacons so theres plenty for everyone.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    psycho said:
    What surprises me is that there are some places in the waters beacons and ships spawn alot, then there are other huge wastelands of ocean where nothing spawns at all.

Maybe update the spawn locations abit, throw in some more boats & beacons so theres plenty for everyone.
    I think Kyronix has said before (or maybe it was from patch notes) that the density of NPC ships / beacons was a result of how many active player ships in that area; or something to that effect. Basically it works like the ToT spawns do where the more people playing the more stuff stuff will spawn.

That said, I'd be careful on this type of request because I could easily see this sort of ask backfire so that if/when there aren't a bunch of people online you are going to have to sail for like 20min before you find a single ship/beacon. I'd much rather keep things in the smaller concise area where even when it's not busy people can find something to shoot in under 5-10min.
    edited March 5
    keven2002 said:
    psycho said:

I think Kyronix has said before (or maybe it was from patch notes) that the density of NPC ships / beacons was a result of how many active player ships in that area; or something to that effect. Basically it works like the ToT spawns do where the more people playing the more stuff stuff will spawn.

That said, I'd be careful on this type of request because I could easily see this sort of ask backfire so that if/when there aren't a bunch of people online you are going to have to sail for like 20min before you find a single ship/beacon. I'd much rather keep things in the smaller concise area where even when it's not busy people can find something to shoot in under 5-10min.
    I can see it now. A dedicated sea treasure hunter comes here or emails to complain they can't get their treasure because beacons are shooting at them if they did add more areas.
     :D 
    Ok so imagine it's Saturday morning lot's of boats at sea so you spend time chasing players ships 6 out of ten times no worries it's relaxing to sail now imagine you've used a glorious fortune potion..
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    don't leave your ship in areas near where they spawn.

If a plunderbeacon spawns close enough and someone attacks it, then an abandoned ship will take damage. I saw a ship on the map, but thought it was too far away and the ship wouldn't take damage. The ship was scuttled. I had been refreshing the ship for a couple months but didn't know that the owner abandoned it. They wanted it to decay. 
  • MitMit Posts: 38
    I mistakenly did that to some ones ship.. I was killin a beacon their ship was close by.. I figured they were good cause they were logged off... Ya no.. scuttled that ship.. ooopsie.. Never went back to see what happend... Now I know..