Confirmed: Blaze Cu bots are real

Could Blaze Cu also have been subject to farming/scripting?
And so this has been finally reported and confirmed recently: Blaze Cu bots are real.

Why do certain group/people always have those for sale regularly? Just LUCK? Nay! Bots!

You see, they have auto bots hidden at the outside entrance and also at the desert area.
Outside: 1 tamer, 1 res bot
Desert area: 2 bots are constantly hidden/walking in stealth WHILE scanning for Blaze color dogs.

Now the scan-bots occasionally get revealed by the mobs and get killed. No problem! Ghost will auto walk outside to get res'd by other bots (per pics below). Smart programming!

When a Blaze does spawn, you get PC sound alarm & your bots also auto tame. No sweat!

The only way to detect the bots is to use Tracking skill.

Scripting is so profitable that these bots are ofc paid accounts. GMs can easily see them but wont respond to your page if you cannot target their toons.

So what will the Devs do now?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    edited March 1
    YES!  PM me when they are 100k each!

Taming reveals you, ya know.  You still have to tame hundreds of  the non blaze ones to get a blaze to pop up.  Where are they putting the hundreds they are taming.  Or are they killing them and losing karma?

Are they also increasing their Karma automatically since they have to kill paragons?  You missed that step.

Somehow, I bet these "afk" players will answer the GM when he checks on them.  

*looks at my 3 monitors while I am doing my paperwork here at my work/gaming station.*
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    There has to be a Cu farm somewhere or they are killing them and losing Karma and every pixie will be on them like stink on a pig.

edited March 1
    I re read this, you actually think a Blaze Cu is spawning at server up?   :D

No, you have to make them spawn.

The person above that did that picture did that every day for about a month to get a Blaze.

ETA Ummm unless something has changed, only an elf can tame a Cu Sidhe. :D
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    edited March 1
    Radst said:
    And so this has been finally reported and confirmed recently: Blaze Cu bots are real.

Why do certain group/people always have those for sale regularly? Just LUCK? Nay! Bots!

You see, they have auto bots hidden at the outside entrance and also at the desert area.
    Desert area: 2 bots are constantly hidden/walking in stealth WHILE scanning for Blaze color dogs.

Now the scan-bots occasionally get revealed by the mobs and get killed. No problem! Ghost will auto walk outside to get res'd by other bots (per pics below). Smart programming!

When a Blaze does spawn, you get PC sound alarm & your bots also auto tame. No sweat!

Scripting is so profitable that these bots are ofc paid accounts. GMs can easily see them but wont respond to your page if you cannot target their toons.

you are a decade late for this old script system....dude dont tell me you dont know cu are spawning at another location now and this is where it is mass farmed now?
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited March 2
    Basically every rare drop/highly profitable thing in the game is completely AFK 24/7 botted on most servers and you can see these things happening:
    • Champ spawns
    • Sakkhran Bird Of Prey quest
    • Blaze Cu
    • Slim's Shadow Veil
    • Shadowguard (for tali)
    • ToTs (when active)
    • Splinter Weapons
    Thanks to the proliferation and leaders refusal to do anything about 3rd party clients or make quest rewards/high end drops (+ToT rewards) account bound @Kyronix
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    If there were only some sort of detection system in-place & Terms of Service to guide GMs into what types of actions to take to deal with this issue... 

There wouldn't be any need for account-bound, or even shard-bound (though I do like the idea of these properties replace some of the 'negative properties' that nobody uses.)

I'd be fine with a useful legendary I 'loot' to be 'account-bound', or 'shard-bound' instead of Cursed, or even Antique, in some cases..

If only the inconsistency between jewelry & other items, along with PoF could be addressed, then that'd be another issue checked off the long list of things that should be fixed or changed.

but we've got New Legacy coming... a shard that, if nothing changes, will end up in the same downward spiral the rest of UO's in... gotta get that turned around, the sooner the better.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited March 2
    Radst said:

A lot of the time, they're using those bots to monitor when someone else is turning over the Cu Sidhe spawn, and then when a Blaze spawns, it alerts them. When i start farming Cu Sidhes with my Sampire, and kill Cus so fast that the spawn can't keep up with how fast i'm killing them (within 10 secs each, 30 for a Paragon), i usually see a couple Tamers show up and just stand around, salivating at the speed that i'm turning the Cu spawn over.

Even GM Tracking skill sucks. I have GM Tracking and GM Detect Hidden on a char, and GM Tracking is practically worthless with how it can only pick up targets pretty much on the same screen as you, or just close enough that their nametag appears. Not to mention how even GM Tracking can fail to pick up player targets that have 120 Stealth (easy to get with items) and can change their category with forms.

GM Tracking needs a serious overhaul. Give GM Tracking a Mastery ability that allows it to increase the odds of rare color spawns (similar to the Totem of Chromatic Fortune), or add a daily quest from the Huntsman for GM Trackers that spawns a random creature guaranteed to be high intensity, or maybe even a previously extinct species (Bane Dragons, Silver Steeds, red Imps, etc). Something along the lines of "a mythical creature has been spotted in the Yew woods! Think you can track it down?"
  • DragoDrago Posts: 293
    C'mon folks... this games code is 30 years old.  Bots have found a way around current anti-macro methods in more modern MMOs... and you expect devs to address issue like this on a 30 year old client? LOL.  Not going to happen... unless they get rid of CC.
    edited March 2
    I'm waiting to hear how those gargoyles are taming Cus. 

Probably a NOOB trying to get Dreadhorn items and the can't make it past the sand.

That's what the pictures tell me.

Every time someone  has something some of you don't have or you want. You come here and cry Bot or cheat.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Drago said:
    C'mon folks... this games code is 30 years old.  Bots have found a way around current anti-macro methods in more modern MMOs... and you expect devs to address issue like this on a 30 year old client? LOL.  Not going to happen... unless they get rid of CC.
    What makes you think getting rid of the CC will fix anything when illegal Clients are out there.  Plus getting rid of the CC will cut your subs in half and no longer be profitable for EA to keep funding BS/UO.  EA shuts down UO.
    Any update?  Are those Gargs still taming Blaze Cus?

:D 
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited March 4
    What makes you think getting rid of the CC will fix anything when illegal Clients are out there.  Plus getting rid of the CC will cut your subs in half and no longer be profitable for EA to keep funding BS/UO.  EA shuts down UO.
    Aren't the user count at an all time low? Even less than some of the free shards? I remember reading something about that.

PS: I am not advocating for removing CC. I just wanted to add my 2 cents that the end might be sooner than many think. I think we will likely get a server shutdown announcement Q1 2025 after NL flops.
    edited March 4
    shootgun said:
    Aren't the user count at an all time low? Even less than some of the free shards? I remember reading something about that.

PS: I am not advocating for removing CC. I just wanted to add my 2 cents that the end might be sooner than many think. I think we will likely get a server shutdown announcement Q1 2025 after NL flops.
    Disgruntled posters starting saying UO would end in 1998.  You are 26 years behind on your lame prophecy.

Download Steam  Thousands of games there. Stop wasting your money and trolls.
    edited March 4
    BTW, it was clear to me after the last event that they are never going to ban any 3rd party client until the death of the game. You could literally see bot trains of 10+ accounts doing the same exact action at the same exact time at the same exact location in the last event that was bringing the server to the point of crashing. Even then they did not ban a singe account. In the meanwhile many legit players falsely got flagged because they were not moving around as fast as the bots :D

The picture below shows the current state of the official client. No body with a **** brain would use it. So it is pretty much the 3rd party clients or the EC these days. Banning the 3rd party client is effectively banning the CC.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    @shootgun please moderate your language. I prefer not to spend my time changing profanity into asterisks.  Thank you.
    edited March 4
    Mariah said:
    @ shootgun please moderate your language. I prefer not to spend my time changing profanity into asterisks.  Thank you.
    I spent the last 2 minutes thinking about coming up with an arrogant, yet triggering/insulting reply. Then, I remembered you volunteer your time here. Thank you so much for volunteering your time here. The community here and this game would not be the same without you. We appreciate you here. I will try to hold my tong a bit.

I just had blood boiling rage in the last 30 minutes after reading about the upcoming event once more. How come the devs/messana not see the speeding train coming their way after the last event! It's like you have a car accident because you passed at red light, then on the way to the mechanic you decide to pass at red light because you are late to the mechanic. Sigh, stupidity of some people...
    edited March 4
    shootgun said:
    Mariah said:
    @ shootgun please moderate your language. I prefer not to spend my time changing profanity into asterisks.  Thank you.
    I spent the last 2 minutes thinking about coming up with an arrogant, yet triggering/insulting reply. Then, I remembered you volunteer your time here. Thank you so much for volunteering your time here. The community here and this game would not be the same without you. We appreciate you here. I will try to hold my tong a bit.

I just had blood boiling rage in the last 30 minutes after reading about the upcoming event once more. How come the devs/messana not see the speeding train coming their way after the last event! It's like you have a car accident because you passed at red light, then on the way to the mechanic you decide to pass at red light because you are late to the mechanic. Sigh, stupidity of some people...
    Please explain what was wrong with the last event.  You know players that did not get drops that tried?
    Where was your feedback or guide on how to get drops in any event?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    Pawain said:
    Please explain what was wrong with the last event.  You know players that did not get drops that tried?
    Where was your feedback or guide on how to get drops in any event?
       I don't know anyone who didn't get drops that tried to...   I posted that the drop-rate was as close to perfect, that It could get.  (I was getting roughly 1 drop per minute with like 620 luck, no statue or potion effects)

I do know people that didn't participate much (including myself) that were just Burned-out from the previous events with the exact same mechanics just in different areas.... that in combination with seemingly more and more bots each event, there's not much a reason to bother with it.   it's more efficient to buy from the few players & numerous bots that flood the market within a week.

In fact, the last 'fun' event of the ToT type, was the wildfire event, at least for me and several pvpers I've played with and fought against since then....
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • RinerRiner Posts: 366

GM Tracking needs a serious overhaul. Give GM Tracking a Mastery ability that allows it to increase the odds of rare color spawns (similar to the Totem of Chromatic Fortune), or add a daily quest from the Huntsman for GM Trackers that spawns a random creature guaranteed to be high intensity, or maybe even a previously extinct species (Bane Dragons, Silver Steeds, red Imps, etc). Something along the lines of "a mythical creature has been spotted in the Yew woods! Think you can track it down?"
    I really like this idea and would definitely make a GM tracker to enjoy this benefit. Especially, the idea of a Huntsman link. 
    shootgun said:
    The picture below shows the current state of the official client. No body with a **** brain would use it. So it is pretty much the 3rd party clients or the EC these days. Banning the 3rd party client is effectively banning the CC.

When it comes to TVs/monitors, bigger is not always better. When the screen is so damn big that you can't take it all in at once, that's a disadvantage. I've watched a number of gaming streamers in the past that completely missed stuff going on towards the sides, because their display is way the hell too large for them to take all of it in at once.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited March 5
    Radst said:

Hey, @Kyronix , how about, to help reduce this use of EJ characters to have scripted, BOTted CAMs to aggravate other UO players' enjoyment of the game, you make a change whereas, when an EJ character is hiding, in terms of gameplay, they are hidden to Monsters but they are visible to other players' characters without the need to have to Track them for players and, also, that using the reveal spell on them, also with a scroll, would work all the time making them vulnerable to get attacked by Monsters ?

This way, the ability to use multiple EJ characters as CAMs all over spawns would be severely hindered as players could easily spot them, reveal them, and have them killed by monsters thus removing their ability to be used as a scripted CAMs especially, if the teleporting of Ghosts to Shrines was to be further enlarged, reducing the time necessary for it to trigger and enforcing this teleporting of Ghosts to Shrines to anywhere in UO, not just to some limited spawns and areas... at least, when the Ghost is from an EJ account and not a fully subscribed one

I think that it is about time to get rid of the ability to use automated, scripted CAMs, be them Ghost CAMs or hidden, stealthing EJ CAMs which report activity at locations and then send, automatedly, warnings to some Discord Channel for those players monitoring them to then intervene at those locations coveniently, with hardly any expenditure of their time to actually monitor being at the keyboard activity in those locations since they can use scripted, BOTted characters rather then having to control them manually.
    edited March 5
    Was farming Cu Sidhes late the other night, got 2 Ice Whites and a Rum Red to spawn, and within a minute of the Rum Red spawning, about 3 Tamers showed up. I had already tamed it by then (only a 32.8% Rated one though). :D

Refined my Cu slaying some more, my Sampire kills regular Cus within 5 seconds, and Paragons within 15-20 seconds. Churning out Cu Sidhes like a factory, even when stopping to loot the gold and check the jewelry (Cus are a good source of clean, usable 10% SSI or 18% SDI Jewelry).

Btw, what's the going price of rare colored Cus nowadays? Haven't kept up with the market in awhile. Have a number of rare colors i've been collecting just sitting in my stables gathering dust.