What was your first house in UO?

Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Had one of the small deed houses outside of Minoc.
    Had a single chest for storage.

Someone stole my key and rune so it was no longer mine.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    edited February 15
    ha same here Minoc small stone work shop my first char was a carpenter / blacksmith

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    When I first started playing I wasn't alone, my husband played too. Our first house was a small marble shop, paid for by selling a white bell by Evocare. (placing a house was impossible at that time). The shop was near Cove and just after we bought it Orcs invaded. I got shot repeatedly by Orc scouts while trying to stock the vendors. 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    A patio forge. I have a customizable house on that spot now. But sometimes I miss the patio house. 
  • I placed a house outside of the PAWS tavern on Pacific and some dude stole the key right after. So no I do not live there.
  • A two story villa on an island south of Britain, that was a long time ago. Long gone now cause Chessy is so underpopulated, but guess what I built when I started playing again:)
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    A small tower south of Trinsic moon gate. I shared with 2 other players who pooled all their gold with me to afford it.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    a very small custom house built and designed by Love Spirit of Sonoma. My cousins boyfriend gave it to me with the condition that Love Spirit said that you give it to someone in need. There was only a pathway to walk through the house and only two nightstands where I could store anything.

My character was a crafter so I had lot of tailor bod books locked down on the pathway. a couple months later i was given an 18X18. Every day after i got home from work, I would call out in chat if anyone needed a house because it was going to fall. Nobody would answer me about wanting it. I would only get smack talk from the pvpers. on the last night I took all the deco out of it and it fell during the night. Love Spirit told our guild leader that she wouldn't give another house to any of the guild members because we let it fall.

I couldn't understand why she threw such a fit about it. then months later I realized that you can't build in that area any more. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I placed a small house in the middle of nowhere so that can macro 24/7 unattended for my first gm mage using uoassist with uo loop. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    A two story villa on an island south of Britain, that was a long time ago. Long gone now cause Chessy is so underpopulated, but guess what I built when I started playing again:)
    Huh! I wonder why Chessy didn’t remain a shard with a strong, varied and healthy population?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Technically my first "house" was a blue tent that I setup right outside Brit Graveyard. A few months later I was able to save up for a small 8x8 field stone house right behind the Brit Graveyard on ATL where I lived for many years until my first hiatus.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    My first house was rented to me by a good friend. It was a 7 x 7 on the pond on the southern end of Ice Island in Fel. I use to wear armor when I logged out because sure enough there would be a squad of orcs inside thrashing me when I logged in. Remember those days? I loved that little house by the pond. My neighbor, who was always red, would come over and work off his redness while entertaining me with some hilarious stories. I wish I could remember his name. One not so cool thing, well not for me anyways, was the Tower to the north of me was owned by a friend of my friend. I got quite an education listening to her cyber with, what I thought at the time, was some young kid. I dunno... They were so loud I could hear them from inside my house. I never said anything.
  • Yadd_of_LegendsYadd_of_Legends Posts: 19
    edited February 19
    Spring 2008, I had been playing only a few months on Legends. A guild mate gave me a small house near the Yew Fel gate. I knew very little about Fel. Returning home very late at night, tired and ready to log off and sleep, I got ganked by the red Murderer Demi God Sampson. I nearly had an anxiety attack, not knowing if insurance would actually protect the gear I was wearing that had cost me $12 in real money for the gold from Markee Dragon to buy it. I found out insurance worked but never came back to that house and let it fall. Now I have a house on Atlantic near the Yew gate in the safe shard. 
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    A 7x7 marble workshop in the middle of a bunch of neighbors east of Britain.  Over the many years as houses would collapse, I would place additional houses with the intention or creating my own player city.  I never did, however because I realized I could drop my houses and place a castle there by fitting the one tree in a courtyard.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Marble Workshop desert Fel forgot to put key in bank got PKed and lost house.  Found almost the same spot when Tram came to UO
  • VmaxVmax Posts: 13
    Early 1998, small field stone house in the Compassion desert (new shard Sonoma), close to the surrounding rock wall in the SE. Had a lich trapped there for a while because well, who didn't like to have a pet lich to torment?
    Since 10/2/97!
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    A blue tent w 1 chest inside 2 screens east of the beach above Shame. Saved up & placed a green tent right next to it.

1st home was a small fieldstone along the coast south of what is now the Blighted Grove area (Blighted Grove didn’t exist when it was placed). Customized it couple yrs after customization dropped. IIRC the sign Mesanna placed dates mid 1998? Tbh can’t remember exactly & not able to log in & check atm.

Still own it.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    My first house was a custom lot I bought off Ebay in 2003, since finding a place to put a house on Atlantic seemed impossible. My daughters had been playing our account since 2000, but never owned a house. So, I thought it was time. It was in Felucca, across the channel that took you into the bay before Cove. Since the character I created was a miner and smith, it was perfect. I heard about shipboard mining, so I built up skill just mining away along the mountain surrounding Cove while on my boat. Not sure about now, but those were days of adventure. When I would come back near the shore on the side where there were houses, seems like someone was often waiting to cast fireballs or shoot arrows my way. West of where we lived, and across the road, right where that swamp begins, was a player run town. Reds were always coming through sending people running. Great memories. Almost like real ones.
  • NyreNyre Posts: 40
    I placed a Small 7x7 house on the nIsland thats shaped like an Eagle flying south  I forgot the name of the Island   I was over joyed when I placed that house.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    edited February 27
    A custom house at the location of my current house. For years it was just a foundation with the first chair and stool that I had crafted. I still have the chair and stool. The house has been customized to add 3 more floors and resized larger.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited February 28
    Do Tents count? Otherwise, my official first "house" was a Small Stone Tower on the coast east of Vesper, it was the perfect spot for launching boats too. I had a red Fencer named "Cyric" that i would waylay and murder people on the roads with, and eventually a posse hunted me down and trapped me in my tower. I set up Greater Explosion Potions all along the bottom floor of my tower, let them in, and tossed another Explosion Pot into the pile of potions. It set off a chain reaction and blew everyone up (including me, lol). Was so damn funny seeing everyone bitch at me as we were all ghosts, lol.
    To this day, i still call that spot "Cyric's Coast". Here it is (almost every shard has a Castle there now).

Soon after i got a Villa right at the Brit GY. Then when Tram opened up, i placed a Log Cabin in the same spot with another account. Here's the spot.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169

Soon after i got a Villa right at the Brit GY. Then when Tram opened up, i placed a Log Cabin in the same spot with another account. Here's the spot.

What shard was that? If it was ATL then we were probably neighbors as I lived to the west right outside the NW fence of Brit Graveyard
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    keven2002 said:

What shard was that? If it was ATL then we were probably neighbors as I lived to the west right outside the NW fence of Brit Graveyard

It was Napa Valley.