The most boring Newsletter to date

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited February 16 in General Discussions
Let's take a look...

PVP updates: irrelevant until they remove/disable 3rd party clients.
Vet rewards: Deco, worthless, really worthless, deco, deco.
Black market update / Fishing Event: one in the same? 

The three people that enjoy fishing must be happy I guess, they get a two-for in the spring. For the rest of us.... New Legacy in September? LOL.

Why even send it out? It's embarrassing. Puts on Broadsword.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    It has taken you 27 years to notice Vet rewards are always Deco? :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    Best news letter I’ve seen in a long time imho  

Ya the PvP update/ improvements might be in vain if the 3rd party clients are not addressed. Need to update our clients or allow the other clients maybe ? 

The fishing / pirate will be a hit ! 

The vet rewards sound awesome if they work how I’m guessing they will. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Pawain said:

These rewards aren't all deco and they've never been all deco. Also, veteran rewards were introduced in like '00/'01 so they haven't been out for 27 years?

I don't follow your low effort troll.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited February 16
    username said:
    Pawain said:

These rewards aren't all deco and they've never been all deco. Also, veteran rewards were introduced in like '00/'01 so they haven't been out for 27 years?

We got vet rewards pretty fast. The useless Valorite Robe was early, it made me not choose without thought.

But I will rephrase that, after giving us 39 + choices you finally noticed they are deco!

Which do you consider non deco?  The ethies? AKA deco mounts.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    edited February 16
    @username ;
    As a player, let me say that I emphatically disagree with that statement. There have been many, many changes to the CC client since 1997, the UI is far more versatile than it was back then. Saved armor sets, item use macros, re-sizeable game window to list just a very few. 

I, for one, am looking forward to gardening shears and green house. to all the things listed in the spring event - which isn't just fishing, but fighting beacons, pirates, digging maps too. 

on the other thing, No company can approve the use of a product not created by themselves which may cause any kind of loss, injury etc for which they could be held liable. That's not just UO, that's real world.
    edited February 16
    @ username 
    As a player, let me say that I emphatically disagree with that statement. There have been many, many changes to the CC client since 1997, the UI is far more versatile than it was back then. Saved armor sets, item use macros, re-sizeable game window to list just a very few. 

I, for one, am looking forward to gardening shears and green house. to all the things listed in the spring event - which isn't just fishing, but fighting beacons, pirates, digging maps too. 
    No one is debating there haven't been updates to the client, but, in the 25+ years the client has existed, the 'updates' they've done to it are a drop in the bucket. I've seen many other games of this vintage get more in 1 patch to a client then we've gotten in 25 years :D

I am happy there are people that are excited for the content but you must realize that plants, especially people that hoard decorative plants and needing shears to mass cut plants, must be a VERY small niche group of people that will find these handy. I will definitely not spend a veteran reward on plant storage when I can claim a Garden shed which is generic storage, nor will I claim that tool seems a bit unnecessary to save a few seconds on cutting plants.

Again, glad to see there are people that find them useful but call me crazy for saying vet portals, vet house teles, vet auction safes, vet ethereal mounts, vet comm. boxes, vet garden sheds, and vet transfer shields are infinitely more useful than plant crap.

All I'm saying is I would have liked to see a useful item similar to those in addition to just the real real real niche/deco they've given us. Deco stuff cool, some plant love fine, but give us something more broadly useful too.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited February 16
    @username - pvpers grow orange plants for orange petals by the ton. It's a huge weekly task for me to harvest petals, the garden shears is such a potentially useful item, I did not even think it was worth mentioning it is so good.

T Hunting Pirates event sounds cool. Should be fun.

PvP balancing, we've only been asking for it for 10+years?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    @username & @Alex I have removed the posts concerning certain allegations. If you want to disccuss that further please use direct messaging, it is not a topic for the public forum. Thank you.
    edited February 16
    Cookie said:
    @ username - pvpers grow orange plants for orange petals by the ton. It's a huge weekly task for me to harvest petals, the garden shears is such a potentially useful item, I did not even think it was worth mentioning it is so good.

T Hunting Pirates event sounds cool. Should be fun.

PvP balancing, we've only been asking for it for 10+years?
    I'm sure they're extremely useful for PVP but what I originally said regarding PVP stands. They can balance, update, etc. PVP all they want but what I say in my OP regarding PVP really is the paramount concern in this game and needs to be addressed before anything else. The best "PVP balancing" update would be to put everyone on an even playing field. Client updates or mass ban, one way or another would be fine.

Just be sure to know that using any illegal/unnaproved software is a ToS risk (ban) and account risk (hack). Think everyone knows this but is some times worth reiterating. 

I hope they dont ban anyone because what little pvp is left would be died.. update the cc client is what needs to happen. I think more people would come back to osi if they had a bug free client to use.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:

We got vet rewards pretty fast. The useless Valorite Robe was early, it made me not choose without thought.

But I will rephrase that, after giving us 39 + choices you finally noticed they are deco!

Shard Shields are NOT deco
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:

OK. But they only work hanging on a wall. They don't help me kill anything.  :D
    I got 1 DG fishing pole which works great with Bait no wasted charge on foot wear 

does that count it kinda kills fish I guess because now they are on my wall  ;)
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:

WHATEVER  Stupid come back.  All the workbenches are not deco.  Deco is something that does not perform any function other than look perty and there are a lot of Vet Rewards that perform functions, regardless of what you claim. 
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:

WHATEVER  Stupid come back.  All the workbenches are not deco.  Deco is something that does not perform any function other than look perty and there are a lot of Vet Rewards that perform functions, regardless of what you claim. 
    You can sew, tinker etc without an animated item.  They are pure deco. And they are cool.
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:

You can sew, tinker etc without an animated item.  They are pure deco. And they are cool.
    You can get from point A to point B without a mount, so by your definition ALL mounts are deco, including tamed ones.  See how dumb your definition is.  You can fight without armor or weapons so all armor and weapons are deco, another stupid example with your definition.  In fact by your definition everything in UO is deco because you can play UO without owning anything.
    edited February 17
    You can get from point A to point B without a mount, so by your definition ALL mounts are deco, including tamed ones.  See how dumb your definition is.  You can fight without armor or weapons so all armor and weapons are deco, another stupid example with your definition.  In fact by your definition everything in UO is deco because you can play UO without owning anything.

This person is a king troll and I have no idea how they haven't been removed from the forums yet. I don't even reply to them anymore, it's really keeps me sane in the long run lol. Saying all vet rewards are deco is the hottest garbage take I've heard in my life, up there with joe biden's ramblings.

Anyways, back to the discussion at hand: uo.com isn't working for me but I saw the PVP updates in another post. I stick by my original statement: this is the most boring newsletter, and I'll take it a step further: it's the most boring update considering this is all we're going to be getting for the spring. Every other game I've played has had hotfixes that had more content than we'll get in 6 months. How low the bar is set for UO players but they'll keep simping/white-knighting for Mesanna and Co. Sad sad sad.

Now don't get me wrong or skew my words, the pirate stuff should be fun for those that will participate. And if you're the 1% of the %1 that still grows plants enjoy the vet rewards, just would have liked to see something a bit more general useful.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    the greenhouse is something that people have requested for years, at the meet and greets. And also a quicker way to harvest our plants. both of which are being addressed in this publish. 

i think you need to check out the description of the spring event a little bit better. plunderbeacons, ships, tmaps, SOS and pirate brawl. get pack drops of pirate hats to be turned in... Those wont be turned into the black market. It will be a different NPC. I'm wondering if maybe this NPC will be at the floating emporium.

I hope this spring event goes into the summer too. It will be so much fun. Lot of different things you can do with this event.
    edited February 17
    Great chance to fill your ship with friends and kill stuff. 8 players can get credit for Beacons if they all do damage. All partied players get credit for Pirates if they use the normal mechanics.  Have some non solo fun for a change.

username said:

This person is a king troll and I have no idea how they haven't been removed from the forums yet. I don't even reply to them anymore, it's really keeps me sane in the long run lol. Saying all vet rewards are deco is the hottest garbage take I've heard in my life, up there with joe biden's ramblings.

Anyways, back to the discussion at hand: uo.com isn't working for me but I saw the PVP updates in another post. I stick by my original statement: this is the most boring newsletter, and I'll take it a step further: it's the most boring update considering this is all we're going to be getting for the spring. Every other game I've played has had hotfixes that had more content than we'll get in 6 months. How low the bar is set for UO players but they'll keep simping/white-knighting for Mesanna and Co. Sad sad sad.

Now don't get me wrong or skew my words, the pirate stuff should be fun for those that will participate. And if you're the 1% of the %1 that still grows plants enjoy the vet rewards, just would have liked to see something a bit more general useful.
    LMAO
    edited February 17
    the greenhouse is something that people have requested for years, at the meet and greets. And also a quicker way to harvest our plants. both of which are being addressed in this publish. 

i think you need to check out the description of the spring event a little bit better. plunderbeacons, ships, tmaps, SOS and pirate brawl. get pack drops of pirate hats to be turned in... Those wont be turned into the black market. It will be a different NPC. I'm wondering if maybe this NPC will be at the floating emporium.

I hope this spring event goes into the summer too. It will be so much fun. Lot of different things you can do with this event.
    Lots of other stuff has been asked for a much longer time and we've never gotten it so I'm not sure why that's relevant at all (it's not). Probably went mental bankrupt on veteran rewards or had no other options. If it has been requested for as long as you say... well, case and point that it was a last option for them or they had no other ideas.

I think you need to see the title of the spring event a little bit better. "Shrouded Sails" and all other activities imply and use boats, fishing, pirates, stuff on the SEA. You don't need a boat on land, i.e., where treasure maps are. So no one really knows what that means at all. 

Could it mean tmaps are included? Maybe?
    Could there be some special maps that drop from these pirates at sea that needs dug up? Maybe?
    Could there be some new mechanic to dig up a treasure chest at sea or on a temporary island? Maybe?
    Unless you have information no one else does I have no idea where you're getting TMaps from.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    Here's a novel idea, how about we wait and see before we dismiss the devs' offering out of hand?
    Dev teams throughout UO history have kept their cards close to their chests, on the rare occasion they haven't, it's come back to bite them. 
    To repeat a mis-quote I once sent to one of Mesanna's predecessors
    you can please some of the people all of the time
    you can please some of the people some of the time
    but some people you just can't please any of the time.
    edited February 17
    Here's a novel idea, how about we wait and see before we dismiss the devs' offering out of hand?
    Dev teams throughout UO history have kept their cards close to their chests, on the rare occasion they haven't, it's come back to bite them. 
    To repeat a mis-quote I once sent to one of Mesanna's predecessors
    you can please some of the people all of the time
    you can please some of the people some of the time
    but some people you just can't please any of the time.
    No. Their offerings are inherently unpopular.
    • Very niche vet rewards that will not see claim rates as other more generic/useful rewards. Fact.
    • Fighting/boat/fishing stuff will see less participation than generic Fighting in an open area ToT. Not to mention some activities may require High Seas that not everyone has. Fact.
    • PVP is fubar since they refuse to do anything about the illegal clients, many people don't even PVP due to this. Fact.
    This newsletter and update are low effort and they need to do better, considering this is all the content we'll get until summer I'd bet. They couldn't even commit to a date for NL LOL. Sorry I won't bootlick for Mesanna. Complacent people like you are why we get low effort bare-bones stuff like this.

Man I love the wording for NL release: "Barring any unforeseen delays, our goal" two uncertainties for the price of one. Really low bar they set for themselves.  :D 

Posters have been asking for a spawn or dungeon event on the high Seas for years. 

They made something. 

Kyronix made a thread for PvP feedback.

They used it for changes.

Posters have asked for more items on the black market.

They are adding some.

I guess you want them to not listen to player feedback if you think these are bad things.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited February 17
    I am very satisfied with the latest newsletter. I previously mentioned that Tmap and fishing rewards are not satisfying enough, it seems like they are addressing it now. They are also addressing the issues about PvP that the player base complained about.  Couple of the vet rewards will be useful to people who grow flowers and there will be a demand for it. That was a good news letter given the fact that they are also working on NL.

Few things that I hope they address in the next newsletter are the following:
    - Add a horn slot for gargoyles so gargoyles can have that sweet 125 luck or +10 ninja.
    - Add +60 crafting items for other skills that requires repairing (tailoring, carpentry, tinkering).
    - Add power scrolls to carpentry and tinkering.
    - Add runic crafting to tinkering so we can craft rings/bracelets that have the newer properties.
    - Fix taming/pet mastery bugs bugs.
    - Bring back bane dragons, honestly I would prefer rideable bane bunnies that came in the next event. But I am only imagining things now :p
    If @username doesn't like it (he never does) then it is unpopular because he knows what everybody in UO is thinking.  If you always want to hear negative stuff then by all means read his stuff.
    temp.png 184.7K
    If @ username doesn't like it (he never does) then it is unpopular because he knows what everybody in UO is thinking.  If you always want to hear negative stuff then by all means read his stuff.
    Facts don't care about your feelings.
    Logic doesn't go far with you apparently.

edited February 18
    username said:
    If @ username doesn't like it (he never does) then it is unpopular because he knows what everybody in UO is thinking.  If you always want to hear negative stuff then by all means read his stuff.
    Facts don't care about your feelings.
    Logic doesn't go far with you apparently.
    Out of the 18 Newsletters since they included NL.  

You saying a specific one is the most boring to date is not a fact.  That is your opinion. Not one poster has agreed with that opinion. 

So, if you could use logic, you would find the title of this thread is not even a popular opinion, much less a fact.

I don't blame you for ignoring me. You can't handle being powned in every thread you make.
    (That is an example of a fact)