Raised Garden Bed

Just a question.
Does the raised garden bed not allow plants to be harvested or gather seeds? Are they just to produce decorative plants?
Its just thus far, stage 9 on my plants in the bed, and no signs of seeds or resources to harvest.

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    day 10 you will get the first seed and/or resource, if they are available on that plant
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    Depends on the plant for harvesting. Not real familiar with this.  But to get orange petals you need to use other colored plants that just just give you seeds to create an orange plant that also gives you petals.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited February 13
    Xrose said:
    Just a question.
    Does the raised garden bed not allow plants to be harvested or gather seeds? Are they just to produce decorative plants?
    Its just thus far, stage 9 on my plants in the bed, and no signs of seeds or resources to harvest.

I have a raised garden bed. I had no problem growing orange petals on it. I could collect both petals, and the seeds no problem. If I am not mistaken both the petals and seeds start appearing the day after stage 9. So you can start collecting at day 10.
  • Xrose said:
    Just a question.
    check after server up tomorrow. unless you are growing black, white, magenta or fire red rare quest seeds, these will not produce seeds.  The only way black and white produce seeds is if you mutate a cross pollination cycle of a coloured seeds
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Xrose said:
    Just a question.
    They can grow all plant types.

Gardening is not fast paced.  Have to leave the ones that produce seeds in for like 18 days. 

Imagine us using 50 plant bowls and having to attend them every day!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    Pawain said:
    Xrose said:
    Just a question.

Gardening is not fast paced.  Have to leave the ones that produce seeds in for like 18 days. 

before raised gardens I used to tend over 300 a day
    back then I only did bods and grew flowers
    Pawain said:
    Xrose said:
    Just a question.

Yup, we could spend hours playing UO and not killing anything.
  • Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Xrose said:
    Just a question.

Yup, we could spend hours playing UO and not killing anything.
    Except plants
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• XroseXrose Posts: 61
    Thank you for the many responses. I did get to see plant seeds were dropping at stage 10 today, so that is good. I have plenty of seeds, although I have none of the bright orange or bright red ones that I would like. How exactly are they obtained?

@Victim_Of_Siege
    Indeed, plenty of plant deaths. Perhaps an update would allow Necromancers to raise from the bed?
  • KelmainKelmain Posts: 12
    Xrose said:
    Thank you for the many responses. I did get to see plant seeds were dropping at stage 10 today, so that is good. I have plenty of seeds, although I have none of the bright orange or bright red ones that I would like. How exactly are they obtained?

@ Victim_Of_Siege
    Indeed, plenty of plant deaths. Perhaps an update would allow Necromancers to raise from the bed?
    How are the seeds obtained that can grow the "Red Leaf", "Orange petal" and the "Green Thorn"?
    There is information about this on the link below.
    Plant Growing – Ultima Online (uo.com)
    Where the webpage does describe the types of plants to grow for those resources to be available.
    My problem is that I do have a bunch of seeds but no "Seed Box" to put them in which would identify them so I could know what I am growing before I plant it, I am just planting what I have and letting them grow to see the results.
    edited February 14
    Kelmain said:
    Xrose said:

@ Victim_Of_Siege
    How are the seeds obtained that can grow the "Red Leaf", "Orange petal" and the "Green Thorn"?
    Where the webpage does describe the types of plants to grow for those resources to be available.
    My problem is that I do have a bunch of seeds but no "Seed Box" to put them in which would identify them so I could know what I am growing before I plant it, I am just planting what I have and letting them grow to see the results.
    On the old plants we had to remember what they were or just leave the 8 seeds on the plant and not set to decorative mode and put it in a container.  Or just plant and see what grows.

Then they came out with Peculiar plants.  One type made Poppy dust. 
    We used poppy dust to ID seeds before seed boxes.  
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/plant-growing/fragrant-and-peculiar-seeds/

Cross pollinate for more colors.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/plant-growing/cross-pollination/
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    Sometimes you can find them on vendor search.  That’s how I got mine.  Only paid a few thousand to get a half dozen or so.  Now I have hundreds.
  • MitMit Posts: 38
    ^^^ That.. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    @Kelmain if you are on Pacific I have a public seed box you can use to identify your seeds or swap seeds with other people.  Just VS for "public seed box"
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    @Xrose hi, sorry I didn't reply earlier, my pc blew up and I've had no uo and forums only on a tablet for a couple of days. 
    I can happily supply you with any colour of seed on Europa including orange petal, red leaf, green thorn, sugar cane and cocoa tree.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    edited February 15
    Kelmain said:
    Xrose said:

@ Victim_Of_Siege
    Kill boglings and swamp things in a swamp to get seeds. If you get 2 orange and grow them together and cross pollinate they will go bright orange. As will green and red   Cross with other colours to mix hues 

if you are on legends I can help you out with bright seeds u will need 
  • KelmainKelmain Posts: 12
    TimSt said:
    @ Kelmain if you are on Pacific I have a public seed box you can use to identify your seeds or swap seeds with other people.  Just VS for "public seed box"
    Thank you @TimSt for your kind offer and service you provide on Pacific, sadly I am not on your shard and will not be taking up your offer though I think it is good to let people know about your kind deeds.
    (and thank you for your response in another thread I created about macros)

Kelmain said:
    Xrose said:

@ Victim_Of_Siege
    Kill boglings and swamp things in a swamp to get seeds. If you get 2 orange and grow them together and cross pollinate they will go bright orange. As will green and red   Cross with other colours to mix hues 

if you are on legends I can help you out with bright seeds u will need 
    The seeds I have came from the few boglings that spawn on New Haven isle and because of the time it takes to grow I am just going to grow what I have and see how I can learn all about the growing process.
    Thank you for your timely reminder about cross pollination. I will try to get my head around the pollination and learn how to make "different things". Time for more notes me thinks.

I am on Oceania.