Can we please get a +Skill tool that can be worn for Carpentry, Bowcraft and Tinkering?

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited February 4 in General Discussions
Once again, blacksmith can go to 120 and get a +60 skill which effectively gives them 180 skill. This makes repairing zero fail and enhancing decent chance.

In contrast, tinkering, bowcraft and tinkering all cap at 100 with 0 +skill items. Repairing is at best 50/50 success/fail and enhancing IMPOSSIBLE without store tool. 

Poor game design and oversight. 

PLEASE CAN WE GET A +SKILL TOOL FOR THESE 3 SKILLS THAT CAP AT 100?

@Kyronix please
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    edited February 4
    There are 30% talismans for crafting success and 30% exceptional chance for these.

What item are you failing on to rage you enough to yell?

If it is just Enhancing.  Enhancing was designed to be difficult.  
    edited by Mariah to remove personal attack.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited February 4
    Pawain said:
    There are 30% talismans for crafting success and 30% exceptional chance for these.

What item are you failing on to rage you enough to yell?

If it is just Enhancing.  Buy a tool, cheapskate.  Enhancing was designed to be difficult.  

That doesn't address any of my issues. Talisman don't help enhancing or repairs. What makes blacksmithing so special? Already has access to craft the most popular/best weapons/armor/etc. AND gets the benefit of being able to enhance without paying 2 win? Just because I choose to wear wood/stone armor I can't ever repair them? Don't get it.

Why not just balance them and add +skill tools? Lol. Do you just like failing repair wood items for no reason?

Is there any game balance reason that you can't repair them at the same rate as blacksmith items?

It's rhetorical, the answer is no, so please fix this. @Kyronix

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Yelling and demanding is the beast way to get changes to the game.   I'll keep an eye on UO.com for the announcement of this new item.
     :D 
    Pawain said:
    Yelling and demanding is the beast way to get changes to the game.   I'll keep an eye on UO.com for the announcement of this new item.
     :D 

Bold is used to highlight the text and capture the readers' attention. The bold tag is used for strong emphasis. When you feel like emphasising something, you need to first consider using italics, only use bold text if you are not satisfied by the emphasis the italics did to your text.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    @Pawain ; The talismans will only get you so far. This week I filled a 20 count Exceptional Frostwood Cherry Armoire BoD to finish off a large BoD.  Even with my Carpentry talisman with Bonus 30% and Exceptional Bonus 30% (I got it doing Heartwood crafting quests) I had only a 55% chance of crafting an exceptional item.  At 40 boards per item I wasted over 640 frostwood boards trying to get 20 exceptional items.  I ended up having to transmute bloodwood boards into frostwood to have enough to fill that BoD.  An ancient hammer/saw with +60 carpentry would have reduced the amount of wasted frostwood.
    edited February 4
    Sorry, I am totally against increasing skill caps.  And really, we are complaining because we are using resources to craft things?  That's the idea.  Oh my, we may have to lumberjack for 20 mins.
    We do not need to get the other skills to 120 to save boards!
    Making Frostwood instruments is also difficult to get exceptional, but oh well, get more wood.

There are also many threads wanting players to buy from their resource gathers or crafters.  This item will not encourage that.

Also the OP specifically said:
    That doesn't address any of my issues. Talisman don't help enhancing or repairs. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    All crafting skills should go to 120.  All crafting skills should have the equivalent of the ASH Hammers.  None of this, I mean NONE of the is game changing and does NOT hurt anyone period.  @Kyronix @Bleak it is time to upgrade all crafters.
    Pawain said:
    Sorry, I am totally against increasing skill caps.  And really, we are complaining because we are using resources to craft things?  That's the idea.  Oh my, we may have to lumberjack for 20 mins.
    Making Frostwood instruments is also difficult to get exceptional, but oh well, get more wood.

There are also many threads wanting players to buy from their resource gathers or crafters.  This item will not encourage that.

That doesn't address any of my issues. Talisman don't help enhancing or repairs. 
    Please stick to what you are good at, Animal Training and leave the crafters alone.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Pawain said:

You could just not use the items let everyone play their own game right
    edited February 4
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

I use everything in UO so stop spitting out the same thing troll.

Maybe learn to write the pros and cons of ideas instead?

Pawain said:

Please stick to what you are good at, Animal Training and leave the crafters alone.
    You can not see that making crafting easier will make it so players have their own crafters and never have a need to interact other players,  Find something you are good at besides hoarding BODs.
    edited February 4
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

I use everything in UO so stop spitting out the same thing troll.

Maybe learn to write the pros and cons of ideas instead?

Pawain said:

You can not see that making crafting easier will make it so players have their own crafters and never have a need to interact other players,  Find something you are good at besides hoarding BODs.
    LOL  Most people stopped using other people crafters shortly after AoS where have you been.  Those that do not already have crafters will not have crafters even with this change and with this change it would make crafters even better where they might be able to sell more things.  People that do not want crafters to be better are usually the one that sell loot and do not want the competition.  Sorry to want something that would threaten your loot sells.  You sound jealous that I have a large BOD collection because I have been doing them from day one and as friends left UO they gave me their collections.  Must be a strange concept to you that others would give people something when leaving UO or somebody would have friends in UO so thoughtful.  Sorry you do not have any friends that think that much of you.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I'm not sure rudely shouting is the way to succeed but good luck. 
    As for filling bods and losing materials, there's already a solution for that, and it comes from filling bods, a master craftsmans talisman. As with all talismans that have charges, this can be re-charged using a runed switch.

And before someone asks,I don't know if that includes or excludes the smelting talismans that have a time limit, I've never tried using a runed switch on one.
    edited February 4
    Mariah said:
    I'm not sure rudely shouting is the way to succeed but good luck. 
    If you're talking to me, this was addressed:

Bold is used to highlight the text and capture the readers' attention. The bold tag is used for strong emphasis. When you feel like emphasizing something, you need to first consider using italics, only use bold text if you are not satisfied by the emphasis the italics did to your text.

Unfortunately, it did not work, as the question I had asked that was in bolt was not answered. Nor did people read what I even bolded, ironically, as the first reply was about talisman which don't even address my issue at all. Perhaps I should try bold+italics next time?

Now not only am I being derailed/trolled by members but a forum mod  :D

edited February 4
    I simply am asking that all armor, regardless of the skill used to craft it, same with weapons, have the same repair rate. Why is there push back on this idea? It's not like one tradeskill is more overpowered than the other, or the weapons that are harder to repair have any benefits. It's plainly an oversight and imbalance.

If you want to say jewelry is fine as they're only crafted/repaired via one skill then ok, all rings are balanced in that regard. But otherwise.... why?

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited February 4
    It seems like most of the player base think the current model for crafting can be improved.

I agree that carpenters also need to be able to repair wooden items. For example, for mace fighting, clubs are the best weapon for PvP in my opinion. They are almost always impossible to repair without missing a shot or 2. Don't get me started on repairing gargoyle earrings.

I think the option to repair them without failing should be added to the game.

I'm not really sure how I feel about the enchantment changes. It is very clear that the game needs to generate more money. hire more developers, and improve/add more quality content. None of these can happen without getting money. Right now that artifact is the probably the most selling item on the game shop. And they are affordable as far as the buying them inside the game goes. I think right now they are around 80 million golds in Atlantic.

While we are at it, I think the players should be able to craft runic reforged rings. In addition to that, imbuing can use a touch up. The current limit of 5 properties, and 500 weight limit is a joke compared to what we can loot in the game.
    edited February 4
    shootgun said:
    It seems like most of the player base think the current model for crafting can be improved.

I agree that carpenters also need to be able to repair wooden items. For example, for mace fighting, clubs are the best weapon for PvP in my opinion. They are almost always impossible to repair without missing a shot or 2. Don't get me started on repairing gargoyle earrings.

I think the option to repair them without failing should be added to the game.

I'm not really sure how I feel about the enchantment changes. It is very clear that the game needs to generate more money. hire more developers, and improve/add more quality content. None of these can happen without getting money. Right now that artifact is the probably the most selling item on the game shop. And they are affordable as far as the buying them inside the game goes. I think right now they are around 80 million golds in Atlantic.

While we are at it, I think the players should be able to craft runic reforged rings. In addition to that, imbuing can use a touch up. The current limit of 5 properties, and 500 weight limit is a joke compared to what we can loot in the game.
    While I don't disagree with much of this, I think my idea to bring the trade skills more in balance with a +Skill tool is a very simple solution. 

While I don't doubt the forged tool is a good seller on the store, the rate of enhancement of a 1 mod imbued carpentry item is ~0%.
    A smithed item? I've enhanced 5 mod imbued items (relative! you still fail quite a lot) 'little problem' with a +60 hammer.  

Literally pay to win to do anything carpentry/bowcraft enhanced. Guess I'll stick to blacksmith items for now (forever).

Hell, add these +skill tools to the store, there we go problem solved.

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    I think the suggestion is reasonable and logical. Crafters Unite!
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    ^^^ :)
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    I too, agree with the crafters, an upgrade is long past due.
    I have been using archers since ML came out.  I have never had an imbued bow go below 180 durability. Same with imbued jewels. I wait till items go to 5, many times 0.

A player made a chart telling you when to repair items at what skill to have 100% success in a thread popps made.
    @Mariah, like regular talismans the Master Craftsman Talismans do not guarantee the 100% crafting of exceptional items such as exceptional cherry armoires.  So while trying to craft 20 exceptional frostwood cherry armoires I might not lose any boards from failure to craft an item I would waste boards because a number of non-exceptional frostwood cherry armoires would be created.

TimSt said:
    @ Mariah, like regular talismans the Master Craftsman Talismans do not guarantee the 100% crafting of exceptional items such as exceptional cherry armoires.  So while trying to craft 20 exceptional frostwood cherry armoires I might not lose any boards from failure to craft an item I would waste boards because a number of non-exceptional frostwood cherry armoires would be created.

I don't think we should never fail exceptional.   There should always be a need to gather resources.

For carpentry, the thing that needs addressed is the BODs.  When it came out there were much easier was to get high points.  But many of those BODs did not bribe up.  So instead of fixing it, they eliminated those BODs.  Luckily Carpentry does not have many good rewards.  You can get the runics from Heartwood quests.

What rewards are you going for when doing carpentry BODs?

I realize the purpose for this thread was enhancing and repairing.  If the OP wants the mods to delete the BOD and general crafting posts. He has the right to request that of them.
    These days I do BoDs for the winter Artisan Festival.

If it was about gathering resources and not allowing guaranteed exceptional crafting then blacksmithing should not have the +skill tools either.
    edited February 4
    TimSt said:
    These days I do BoDs for the winter Artisan Festival.

If it was about gathering resources and not allowing guaranteed exceptional crafting then blacksmithing should not have the +skill tools either.
    Put .1 skill on as many chars as possible.  Pay 1 gold to do this. They can each get 3 BODs a day.  Fill those BODs with your main crafter and turn them in and get more BODs. You can do this on any shard you can access.  Just collecting low BODs on multiple shards can take hours a day, send them back to your home shard in a book for your crafter to fill and turn in for a chance at a Large BOD.  You could spend 6 - 8 hours a day in UO doing this.

Only do the occupations you have resources for.  There are long time players that have 60k of every resource.  Make friends and they will probably give you a bunch.  There are players like me who have shard shields and would bring a BOD book back to you. This is a multiplayer game.

I only use the 60 hammer to make color Barding Deeds and repair my ships cannons with my mage.
    @Pawain what is the benefit of a +60 ash on repairs to ship cannons ? 
    edited February 5
    Skett said:
    @ Pawain what is the benefit of a +60 ash on repairs to ship cannons ? 

The amount of ingots needed to repair cannons is based on Smith skill.  Lets say 0 smith would take 300 ingots to repair a cannon. Holding a +60 hammer reduces that to 150 ingots.  Having 120 skill person repair it would reduce it even more.  I am too lazy to bring my Smith to the ship to repair cannons. I carry a +60 hammer with the other 90 plus items I always carry around.

But for repairing the Ship the amount of wood needed for a non Carpenter/Tailor is significant and will not fit in a Beetle.  But when you use your crafter, it is a lot less wood and cloth.
    Never new that thanks ! 
    Skett said:
    Never new that thanks ! 
    Don't be surprised if a system that includes skill/time/resources needed is part of the changes in NL.  Where low skills crafters can make anything but it takes more time or resources or both.