Requesting Pet Reset Tokens!

2»

Comments

  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 35
    Kyronix said:
    At this point the only functionality of a pet respec token would be to erase all training and randomly reassign base stats to a creature according to the ranges in the spawn template.  What is usually asked for in this context (a refund of scrolls / training points) is not possible.  This is why we encourage pet training enthusiasts to utilize the planning tools available through various means.

    Let's do it then :0 Reassign to random base values, lets go!
  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 35
    Kyronix said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:
    At this point the only functionality of a pet respec token would be to erase all training and randomly reassign base stats to a creature according to the ranges in the spawn template.  What is usually asked for in this context (a refund of scrolls / training points) is not possible.  This is why we encourage pet training enthusiasts to utilize the planning tools available through various means.
    Strangely enough this is exactly all we're asking for...
    Why wouldn’t you just tame a new creature at this point?  Unless the individual pet has sentimental / rare value it’d be like getting a fresh roll…the consensus on what a pet respec token would do does not align with what you’ve posted…
    would it be possible to reset like a bane or pp mare to base random values, is the question.
  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 35
    if so lets do it! thats all we ask for
  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 35
    we dont need to get the exact stats back, just a random base value pet.
  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 35
    or like another example would be aa reset of a wildifre ozzy i'd love to reset those
  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 35
    and if i got a bad role on the reset I'd definitely buy multi tokens until i got a good role.
  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 35
    alot of pets have been ruined with the wrong special or scrolls, this reset to a random value would be great as long as it kept the same color pet
  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 35
    i would also reset my windrunner, woot!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    edited January 20
    Thorakh said:
    we dont need to get the exact stats back, just a random base value pet.
    If this was done, my guess is, that then players would just reset their pets over and over and over again until they get those perfect stats on their pet....

    The reset tokens were to cost real money ? This would benefit those players who are wealthier in real life and, thus, would be able to afford to purchase more resets tokens...

    Thorakh said:
    and if i got a bad role on the reset I'd definitely buy multi tokens until i got a good role.

    And that is precisely my worry...

    To my understanding, players usually to not like "pay to win" in games...

    This could be avoided if there was a CAP on the reset tokens that could be used on a pet, say for example only 1 but then, I imagine, players ending up with a bad roll of stats and being stuck with it, would start complaining...

    So, personally, I am of the idea that, if such a change was wanted to be implemented, it should only and strictly be limited to "new" pets, tamed after the change was published for which the original stats at taming could be saved (and thus the reset token could restore them since they are now known to the game).

    All of the previous "old" pets before the change, for which their original stats upon taming were not saved, they could not be applied such reset tokens, sorry.

    In order to tell whether a reset token can or not be applied to a pet, a new feature in Animal Lore could be created and, upon Loring a pet, it would tell whether a reset token can or not be applied to that given pet.

    This way, in order to reset a "new" pet only 1 token would need to be applied (since for new pets tamed after the change their stats upon getting tamed could be saved, contrary to older pets), no pay to win would result.

    This is at least, how I would think it would be better to implement such a change.
  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 35
    The idea they can be reset to random values is great as long as they keep the same color, its all about the color, not stats. My pet does not have to be perfect for me to be happy.
  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 35
    This is not pay to win, it pay to change a ruined pet.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    edited January 20
    Thorakh said:
    This is not pay to win, it pay to change a ruined pet.
    Well, at least to my impression, it would look a whole lot as pay to win if one could purchase and apply, over and over and over reset tokens until they get those "perfect" stats on their pet...

    It would not be pay to win if there was a CAP to like 1 reset token that could be applied to a pet and no more but then, as I mentioned, all those players ending up with a bad pet from a bad roll of the reset token, I imagine, could end up upset and complain...

    So, personally, I do not like either way the idea that this could be applied to older pets, already tamed from before the change, for which the stats upon their taming were not saved and are, thus, no longer known.

    For "new" pets, though, from th change onwards, this could be done, to my opinion, since for all newly tamed pets after the reset token change, their stats upon getting tamed could be saved and stored.
  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 35
    Or if some are worried about players using reset tokens to get good roles, make it so there is like a cap of 5 resets on a pet.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    edited January 20
    Thorakh said:
    Or if some are worried about players using reset tokens to get good roles, make it so there is like a cap of 5 resets on a pet.
    Well, depending on how much these reset tokens were to cost, a CAP of 5 that could be used could still be seen by some players as pay to win.... not all players can afford spending too much real money on reset tokens to reset just 1 pet...

    And what if, the RNG is such that even after 5 resets, the pet ends up with bad stats ?

    The player would be out of the money to purchase those 5 tokens and still have an underwhelming pet not much usable in the game... I imagine how many players ending up with such a scenario would not be much happy about it....

    I am sorry but, personally, I do not like much the entire idea of ending up spending real money to get random stats on a pet....
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 904
    popps said:
    Thorakh said:
    Or if some are worried about players using reset tokens to get good roles, make it so there is like a cap of 5 resets on a pet.
    Well, depending on how much these reset tokens were to cost, a CAP of 5 that could be used could still be seen by some players as pay to win.... not all players can afford spending too much real money on reset tokens to reset just 1 pet...

    And what if, the RNG is such that even after 5 resets, the pet ends up with bad stats ?

    The player would be out of the money to purchase those 5 tokens and still have an underwhelming pet not much usable in the game... I imagine how many players ending up with such a scenario would not be much happy about it....

    I am sorry but, personally, I do not like much the entire idea of ending up spending real money to get random stats on a pet....
    then don't buy a token. simple
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 904
    reset the pet to a default stat ONE TIME ONLY so as not to allow any kind of roll over reset exploit.

    Then you train the Pet, once u get to level 5 and you mess it up, use a token to reset.


    Once it is reset, you cannot use a token again until you fully train the pet to 5 stars
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    popps said:
    Thorakh said:
    Or if some are worried about players using reset tokens to get good roles, make it so there is like a cap of 5 resets on a pet.
    Well, depending on how much these reset tokens were to cost, a CAP of 5 that could be used could still be seen by some players as pay to win.... not all players can afford spending too much real money on reset tokens to reset just 1 pet...

    And what if, the RNG is such that even after 5 resets, the pet ends up with bad stats ?

    The player would be out of the money to purchase those 5 tokens and still have an underwhelming pet not much usable in the game... I imagine how many players ending up with such a scenario would not be much happy about it....

    I am sorry but, personally, I do not like much the entire idea of ending up spending real money to get random stats on a pet....
    then don't buy a token. simple
    So, let me understand it.... those UO players who can afford purchasing reset tokens will be able to get "perfect stats" pets by using these tokens at their hearts' content but those UO players who cannot afford purchasing reset tokens will be stuck with a bad pet ?

    Hmm... to me, it looks quite a lot like "pay to win"....
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    The question has been asked and answered.
This discussion has been closed.