[Suggestion] Template Stone

GamerGlyphGamerGlyph Posts: 2
edited January 2 in General Discussions
I think we should make an item (with 5-10 slots) that when you double click it - (1) each of the seven slots would store a random number (depending on what skills make up a players template) of skills, and (2) Dex, Int, and Str would all save along with the skills in those same slots, so players don't need to keep calibrating their stats. An alternate idea for stats would be to not have them save, but rather if a player account is 1 year old or greater then they would be allowed to choose what their stat values would be.

It would work like a soulstone, but it eats multiple skills - up to 7 per slot!

The reason I think each slot should carry 7 skills is because we can have 7 skills total on OSI at GM... 6 at 120. So, some templates will vary with skills needed and thus the new tool will take whichever skills have the arrow down to load, and whichever skills have the arrow up to unload.

What Benefits to Broadsword Are There?!

Well every player is concerned about lag. I have played this game since 2000 on and off and lag has been an ongoing issue since the conception of UO in 1997. 

How this works is players would really only need 1 character per account with this implementation. That character could be proficient in several templates; making them pretty much a jack of all trades and this also allows those who don't like to interact with a lot of people to find independence.

At this time my own character has 75 soulstones. I basically did the above without having 1 item that does it all. I have unlimited templates because I can mixmatch all the soulstones. This took me 2 days to accomplish thanks to the UO store (in game) and the EA Store (for the sovereigns).

The point is I think people would be into this as a vet reward of sorts. It would save housing storage, bank storage, and allow flexibility like UO has rarely seen.
  1. Do you think an item like this would be beneficial to your gameplay?0 votes
    1. Do you feel it would cut down lag?
        0.00%
    2. Would you consider this a quality of life addition to UO?
        0.00%

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 796
    Interesting how your survey assumes that everyone will like your idea.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    how about they just fix the existing bugs first before they make even more bugs by tryin to add new things to the game.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 721
    Popps did you change your name? Where is the "no I don't want them to even waste time thinking on this item" option? How would this help lag? How does have 7 toons on one account effect lag?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    This would NOT fix lag one bit as you can only have one char logged in at a time.  You are assuming that UO has a memory storage problem and that is what is causing lag, LOL
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,954
    edited January 3
    Whitewolf said:
    how about they just fix the existing bugs first before they make even more bugs by tryin to add new things to the game.
    I would also like to see a pause to any "new" content in favour of bugs getting fixed...

I posted about that a while back... https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12079/who-is-in-favour-of-a-pause-to-new-content-to-get-all-bugs-get-fixed

I would also like to see more items being added to the list of stackable ones... still too many items in UO which, I imagine, could be made stackable, do not....
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    They've had 20 some years for some bugs how long of a pause do they need...
  • ViVGamesViVGames Posts: 6
    A template stone would be kind of cool. I think an easy way to make it would be an item that stores a certain amount of soul stones and you select to swap skills based on what's in the template stone and how many skills you can put in it. It would basically be a combination of a container and an ease of use interface for quick changing of templates.

I don't think it will help with lag but I think it would be a cool item.

As for bug fixes? I mean, submit a bug report and hope it gets fixed, I don't think it's a time issue it's just not considered important. Look at the treasure events and EM events. The new stuff is what gets people to log in and play.