Newsletter 17 reveals a core problem

CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
edited December 2023 in General Discussions
In newsletter 17 they answered a query on a sample of bugs that someone wanted an update on https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/uo-newsletter-17

Many of these bugs had been labelled “working as intended”
after looking at them I would agree that many of the bugs submitted were not bugs and were indeed working as intended.

however 4 of them that were labelled working as intended. Were really clearly mislabelled. 
While I understand after much backlash the first 3 will now be addressed, will assume they will confirm the last was a blatant mistake as it currently restricts people who play CC or EC to pvping in guardzones in felucca.

Another bug they wrote
While this response is true enough, did not actually address the bug that was submitted, which was the destruction of the artifact that was attempted to be altered.

This highlights a core problem, how many other bugs that have been submitted that people have been waiting 5 years for a fix. Have perhaps been mistakenly labelled as working as intended behind closed doors. And perhaps this is why nothing gets fixed.

i would suggest that a member of broadsword team go through the 40+ pages of submitted bug reports and please comment which ones they have labelled as working as intended, (including those that a forum moderator has determined closed) As so far an alarmingly high error rate has been revealed. And I fear many more legitimate bugs could have been mislabelled. 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,123
    So you are saying the developers did not write their own newsletter?  

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited December 2023
    I can’t be certain if it was an internal communication issue or if one or more of the devs mistakenly labelled these as working as intended. Mistakes happen. This is why it’s important that the customer see what bugs have been labelled this way. (If there are any more) maybe no more of the submitted reports were labelled as such.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,041
    Covfefe said:
    In newsletter 17 they answered a query on a sample of bugs that someone wanted an update on https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/uo-newsletter-17

Many of these bugs had been labelled “working as intended”
    after looking at them I would agree that many of the bugs submitted were not bugs and were indeed working as intended.

however 4 of them that were labelled working as intended. Were really clearly mislabelled. 
    While I understand after much backlash the first 3 will now be addressed, will assume they will confirm the last was a blatant mistake as it currently restricts people who play CC or EC to pvping in guardzones in felucca. (Is fixed in third party client so only affects rule abiders)

Another bug they wrote
    While this response is true enough, did not actually address the bug that was submitted, which was the destruction of the artifact that was attempted to be altered.

This highlights a core problem, how many other bugs that have been submitted that people have been waiting 5 years for a fix. Have perhaps been mistakenly labelled as working as intended behind closed doors. And perhaps this is why nothing gets fixed.

i would suggest that a member of broadsword team go through the 40+ pages of submitted bug reports and please comment which ones they have labelled as working as intended, (including those that a forum moderator has determined closed) As so far an alarmingly high error rate has been revealed. And I fear many more legitimate bugs could have been mislabelled. 
    See leave out one paragraph where you had to mention 3rd party clients and you had a well thought out intelligent argument now all you will get is another locked thread..
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited December 2023
    This thread is not about third party clients. No need to mention them really.
    I think there has been some confusion in discord chats etc.

I am certain that the newsletter was not instructing players to download third party clients to fix any bugs.
    Here is my logic:
    1) no download link or mention of any third party clients was made in the newsletter
    2) the response given to items not being repairable was exactly the same as that given to the rubber-banding issue. And given that most of the bugs like items not being repairable affect all clients, installing a third party client would not solve these issues.

As the community manager has stated, these issues with the non repairable items will be addressed. So on the balance of probabilities, I would say that labeling the rubber-banding issue as working as intended was also a genuine mistake in the newsletter rather than an instruction for players to install a third party client to resolve issues. 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Please stop promoting the 3rd party app agenda.
This discussion has been closed.