Event spawn question / no drops for one of my char

AnukanakaAnukanaka Posts: 3
edited December 2023 in General Discussions
I am doing spawn with 2 characters and allready did it 4 times 
1) Archer  - 4 trees and 1 statue
2) Thrower - Tamer with with disco/feint triton - 0 drops 

Why does a character who absolutely does more damage not receive any drops at all?

is there any discrimination for gargoyles ?

Comments

• RinerRiner Posts: 366
    Most likely not doing damage during all of the stages leading up to the boss. In order to get the tree you need to kill things in the stages leading up to the boss. As for the statues getting them is random and if past performance is an indicator primarily during the first stage.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    My guildmates are having the same issue.  2 garg throwers, 2 samps. the 2 gargs are getting nothing, not even a tree. The 2 samps have no issues.

My archer gets none of the snow statues but does get the trees.
    My samp gets both.

We did 4 runs last night just us, no one else so we know he's killing things at every lvl.

• CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    Gargoyles don’t celebrate Christmas 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    What weapons are you using?  My archer's main elemental slayer is energy damage, I was using it for the first 2 rounds and got only the tree. Before the next time I went I hunted my stock and found a 70% fire yumi that I'd not imbued, but kept anyway. I imbued it with elemental slayer, fire area, mana and life leech. Hunting with this in hand I got 2 statues and the tree.
    I'm not sure, but I think you need something with fire damage, and, at least the first spawns, the ability to hit more than one thing at once.
    I also have an ice slayer talisman.
  • What weapons are you using?  My archer's main elemental slayer is energy damage, I was using it for the first 2 rounds and got only the tree. Before the next time I went I hunted my stock and found a 70% fire yumi that I'd not imbued, but kept anyway. I imbued it with elemental slayer, fire area, mana and life leech. Hunting with this in hand I got 2 statues and the tree.
    I'm not sure, but I think you need something with fire damage, and, at least the first spawns, the ability to hit more than one thing at once.
    I also have an ice slayer talisman.
    i use 100% fire Glaive with 50% fire area and undead slayer with reptile slayer cameo with 210 stam for 1.25 speed on glaive 

just imbued boomerang and tried Mystic Arc special move for low lvl spawn to hit as much as possible AoE 
    Changed triton to AoE version ( FWW/Goo ) 

7 tries atm and still no drops

but i think its something wrong with Gargs 
    Any Gargs here got any drops ? 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    edited December 2023
    Since there are only 4 participation drops per spawn, the statues go quickly.  An Archer does not kill things fast enough if there are others who use melee WW or area spells like Thunderstorm. 

I have been using my macer with a WW weapon. He gets a drop every other spawn.  He has gotten 2 drops only once, and he can kill in bulk. Ice slayer talisman and a fire weapon kills everything quick until the White Wyrms appear.

At one point yesterday I had 10 statues and 20 trees.

They will have to wait until only a couple of people start the spawn.

My FWW Triton  can get a drop sometimes. 

There are rumors about throwers not getting in this one or the last one.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    Four drops per spawn sounds right.  Usually, three or four of us playing, and mostly we get just one or two each.  Think most are gone early on.  If you have magery casting earthquake early on a couple times should get you one.

Personally, UO, think you could do better than four per spawn, especially on shards that have larger groups doing the spawn.  Think most players that do reasonably well usually get the main drop, in this case the Krampus slayer tree..  I appreciate that aspect of this games culture.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited December 2023
    I do think there is a limit on how many trees drop from the boss.

On ATL I'm using a weaver to spam thunderstorm and reapers for every round. I get looting rights on mobs every round (albeit for lvl 4 it might only be 1 or 2 WWs since that goes very quick) and looting rights on the champ but I've missed out on trees 5-6 times total. 

I've also gotten several trees doing the same thing so I'm not saying anything is wrong but I'm not sure if it's as simple as "be there at the start and getting champ looting rights". The times I've missed out on the final drop there were easily 25+ toons there.

Just realized this was my 2,000th post. yay! :D