CC bandages

CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
edited December 2023 in Bugs
I wrote a problem with bandages in CC in this thread https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12986/help-with-uoa-2d#latest

and someone found it was bugged and wrote a detailed report for me. Not sure where the bug report went sorry, are people not allowed to use cc anymore? 

apparently In EC (I don’t want to use), it’s fixed, if you try to use a bandage macro while a bandage is being applied it don’t reset the bandage application. 

On CC it resets it, which is a bug and a big problem for playing the game.

Comments

• CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited December 2023
    Someone kindly gave me a script to handle this problem with reapplying prematurely, - seems many people were suffering this issue, but the issue with the script is it’s fully automatic,
    maybe someone can write a script that only prevents re-application but some people (me) would prefer to not use any scripts at all without being punished with in game penalty of bandage timer reset on premature macro pressing.

EG, if I press a heal potion macro and try to press the use a heal potion macro again, it doesn’t reset the timer and make me wait 10 more seconds. It just says you can’t use it yet.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    Not a bug if  I wan't to change what or who I heal with a bandage I want to be able to do it and not wait until the first bandaid is finished.
    edited December 2023
    I’m talking about applying bandage to a target you’re already applying a bandage to. 
    Not new targets 

Or are you saying it’s the EC that is bugged?
    the other report wrote it better than mine, I still can’t find it.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Chrille said:
    Not a bug if  I wan't to change what or who I heal with a bandage I want to be able to do it and not wait until the first bandaid is finished.
    Mervyn wants the game to work his way. He does know or care what the motivation of the original game mechanics were. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    Your information on this 'bug' is inaccurate. The timer DOES reset in EC when the character using healing skill is fully trained. I just double checked it for myself.
    edited December 2023
    I was just going by the other report, maybe I misread it, I can’t find it. But it looked like there was a picture of a cool-down on it preventing you from reapplying a bandage to yourself using a macro, like grays out like spells do. Maybe I misunderstood it.

so on EC, if you drag a bandage to hot bar and set it to target self or whatever, you press the hot key and then you’re able to press the hot key again while a bandage is being applied and it will reset the timer? and start applying a bandage again on the same target (self)?

it was my understanding that when things gray out, you can no longer use that hot key.

or, how do you make a bandage self macro on EC?

I'm not as good with video copying as some, but perhaps this works?
    https://youtu.be/6h7X0T-w52o
    edited December 2023
    I'm not sure what i'm looking at here sorry, but it looks from your journal that your bandages in EC did correctly finish applying, this doesn't happen in CC if you press the macro prematurely, it will just keep trying to reapply and never finish.

In CC if you press macro before first bandage has applied, you get a big penalty where the first bandage never finishes. And it starts to reapply a bandage and resets the timer.

its why people made and distribute a script to automate it, so you don't get any penalty for pressing a milisecond too early. But some people would like to play CC without installing scripts.

unless there is another way to make to macro in CC without this penalty.

this is the macro i tried to use, i also tried the uoassist macro

Same issue in CC whether you use uo macro or uoassist macro, and actually each time a bandage is consumed even though none are used as bandage did not finish applying.

I did say I wasn't too good at video. Try this one?
    https://youtu.be/hpkv6mImaSg
    How have you created your bandage self macro?
    edited December 2023
    My friend who has EC default UI installed, says she can spam the space-bar for bandage self and it goes on cool-down and don't reapply while a bandage is being applied. She says she is spamming space-bar here over and over and receives no penalty. And all working okay. So i think you have made your bandage self macro wrong.

edited December 2023
    I too play with EC default, but I did say 'fully trained' healing. What is your friend's healing at, as I notice her bandage timer starts at 7 seconds, whereas can be clearly seen in my video mine starts at 4 seconds? My char has GM healing, real skill.

Healing speed is determined by dexterity
    her healing is 120/120 in that demo

if you place the bandage on a hot bar you won’t suffer any penalty for premature application.

but no solution for CC
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Solution would be to not bandage before the bandage icon has gone away.   Like we have been doing for 25+ years.

Maybe the developers intended for us to play UO which requires paying attention. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
     :D 
    edited December 2023
    I don’t know anyone who plays with healing without a script, all the people I asked about this problem said they use a third party program to fix this issue.

I can pay attention but a %age of the time I would make a mistake. In the other thread I documented why it’s hard to see if the icon (buff) has gone or just changed position, Pawain you ever even had someone ward removal talisman you? How many buffs does it take away on average?
    you probably have never even been ward talid but tell others how they should play better.

The other buff icons are missing timers also in CC so buff icons without warning jumble around without notice, the deck gets shuffled.

in EC it’s no punishment. In CC it’s deadly punishment. Shouldn’t be giving penalty for not cheating.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    @Covfefe not everyone cheats.  I have healing on all my warriors and I DO NOT run a script and I DO NOT have a problem.  Maybe you should learn to play UO without cheating, yes it can be done.
    edited December 2023
    Maybe your character with healing is a warrior with high dexterity. Some templates have low dexterity so penalty increases in severity the lower your dexterity. 

Easy mistake to make.

Should not be penalised for preference of 2d graphic over 3d. Should not have to source third party scripts to equalise.

no other mechanic works that way, imagine if you try to use a heal potion or enchanted apple or nova or conflagration or any consumable or spell etc and it gives you a penalty and resets the timer. People would not accept. 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Please do not promote using illicit 3rd party programs, 
This discussion has been closed.