This is getting really stupid

Im on my sampire fighting in winter spur, a conversation starts up in gen chat. i run to a corner real fast where there is no spawn to participate in the conversation for like 2 minutes then i go back to fighting to discover i got flagged, this is getting way out of hand.

Comments

• ohh and the timer on my glorious potion is still counting down
  • How many other gargoyles were in your stack while you were sitting there innocently doing nothing. Just curious because it seems like your leaving out key specifics.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Show a picture of the ship you were on or the area. I'll put a toon in the same spot for an hour and test this. 
    Thanks
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    edited November 2023
    Don’t know how often the program runs or what it is looking for.  Know in Deciet it always happened when I was part of a group helping to kill something.  Has not happened to me at this event.  Don’t think I have seen any bots though.  All the players I have seen on my shard show me some consideration when I am going after something which indicates to me they made a choice to leave me alone.  In Deciet the bots just killed everything as fast as possible.  Not many players left though.  Rarely see more than two or three.  Sometimes none.

• mizchif said:
    How many other gargoyles were in your stack while you were sitting there innocently doing nothing. Just curious because it seems like your leaving out key specifics.
      I think he was pretty clear in his statement of " i run to a corner real fast where there is no spawn to participate in the conversation for like 2 minutes then i go back to fighting to discover i got flagged"

Soooo ummm... What more would you like that's not included in what he said? What makes you jump to a conclusion that he was in a stack? What makes you think there are 'key specifics' that he is ommiting?
    Pawain said:
    Show a picture of the ship you were on or the area. I'll put a toon in the same spot for an hour and test this. 
    Thanks

Do you know the player? You don't.
    I know the player, I was part of the instance. It happened as he stated.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited November 2023

Pawain said:
    Thanks

I have one or two guys standing around for an hour or more every time I play.  I would like to try to get one tagged so his pet would not do damage so my other toons can hog all the damage.

I guess you were there so you can show where I need to stand. Thanks
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

• mizchif said:
    How many other gargoyles were in your stack while you were sitting there innocently doing nothing. Just curious because it seems like your leaving out key specifics.
      I think he was pretty clear in his statement of " i run to a corner real fast where there is no spawn to participate in the conversation for like 2 minutes then i go back to fighting to discover i got flagged"

Soooo ummm... What more would you like that's not included in what he said? What makes you jump to a conclusion that he was in a stack? What makes you think there are 'key specifics' that he is ommiting?
    Pawain said:
    Thanks

Yes and I had the same conversation with a player who started his story exactly the same and then continued on to say he was multiclienting and was EJ so they always seem to ommit the key reason why they been flagged. I have done all these events since wildfire and NEVER been flagged. I fight and dont move for countless kills, loot bodies longer than most because I dont have a program to do so and never had a problem because Im not cheating so either Im very lucky or theres something else going on here
  • hmm never said anything about a ship not sure where that came from, and i dont multi box, i play only EC and i can barely figure out a cellphone let alone some program that allows you to play muiltple clients. in otherwards im not very tech savvy.
  • I've not been hit by this yet but a couple of folks I know have been hit multiple times while actively attacking monsters. Not sure what triggers it yet but I highly doubt the Devs will say because once it's out there it can be more readily avoided. if it happens to me i will come back and report what I was doing and as many details as I can remember. @whitewolf, did you lose all the remaining time on your potion?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• looploop Posts: 309
    edited November 2023
    Whitewolf said:
    hmm never said anything about a ship not sure where that came from, and i dont multi box, i play only EC and i can barely figure out a cellphone let alone some program that allows you to play muiltple clients. in otherwards im not very tech savvy.
    Surprised the check doesn’t filter out EC users out of sympathy and for the fact that you can’t really automate things with it the way you can with other clients. Anyone doing anything involved with automating the game isn’t going to be using the EC.
  • I've not been hit by this yet but a couple of folks I know have been hit multiple times while actively attacking monsters. Not sure what triggers it yet but I highly doubt the Devs will say because once it's out there it can be more readily avoided. if it happens to me i will come back and report what I was doing and as many details as I can remember. @ whitewolf, did you lose all the remaining time on your potion?

naw i got hit with it when i was at 40 min left on my potion was able to start attacking stuff again at 20 min left, so lost 20 min on my potion.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Why are people allowed to attack other posters? 
  • Whitewolf said:
    I've not been hit by this yet but a couple of folks I know have been hit multiple times while actively attacking monsters. Not sure what triggers it yet but I highly doubt the Devs will say because once it's out there it can be more readily avoided. if it happens to me i will come back and report what I was doing and as many details as I can remember. @ whitewolf, did you lose all the remaining time on your potion?

naw i got hit with it when i was at 40 min left on my potion was able to start attacking stuff again at 20 min left, so lost 20 min on my potion.
    It is "supposed" to stop when you're hit. Do a bug report so they can work on it. 1/3 of your time is 1/3 of the $2-ish you spent on the soveriegns for it. may not seem like a lot but still worth reporting.

• Grimbeard said:
    *calls @Grimbeard a poo-poo head.*

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    @Whitewolf if you really feel that this system is misfunctioning submit it as a bug report using the in game reporting system. The devs are highly unlikely to reply here, but they may investigate if there is enough detailed evidence to suggest a problem.
    @everyone else. Unless you have actual evidence of inappropriate action by another player, please keep your uncomplimentary guesswork to yourself. Thank you.
  • Grimbeard said:
    like you do to me you mean?
    You continuously attack popps if me suggesting that he owns you is attacking you then yes
  • Grimbeard said:
    You continuously attack popps if me suggesting that he owns you is attacking you then yes
    lol. I years people like me tried to help him. He never listens as you well know, And it seems he has duped you into fighting his battles for him.  And to educate you, he never wins any mass debate he starts ;) 
  • He owns you it seems :) 
    He owns you it seems :) 
    I don't disagree that he's an idiot but that doesn't mean he's open to attack just ignore him
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 911
    edited November 2023
    you are not the first to tell me that, so I appreciate that.   My fear, is one day a Dev may listen to him and screw this game up more to please him. I am very protective of something i have played for on and off for 13 years and paid god knows how much money to. If it gets screwed up further, I do not want it to be because of him.

Just look what happened to t mapping and idocs because people cried, and the Devs failed to deal with cheating and carpet bombed everyone. And surprise surprise the scriptures overcame the new game systems and came out on top!  This is why I disagree with everything he says that will impact on others.

He uses 3rd person dialogue when he only thinks of himself!

To save derailing this post, please feel free to pm me so we can discuss further ;)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Popps lives in a lot of heads rent free. 
This discussion has been closed.