Buying or Transferring Accounts?

Hello everyone,

I am planning to create a new account. This account will serve 2 purposes. I would like to place another house also I would like to collect veteran rewards.

I wonder if UO allows selling/buying/transferring accounts. This way I can buy an account that is couple years old and start collecting better rewards. Do you guys know if this is allowed? Do you know if the customer supports helps with account transfers? I don't want to give money to someone, then get scammed because they did not give me the account details. Or get banned after couple weeks because I changed account details.

Thanks a lot everyone

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,056
    Yes, no, maybe,email Mesanna no one really knows because secrets 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,150
    Grimbeard said:
    It is not a secret that you email Mesanna to transfer an account to another player.  You do not have to state the reason. Do you ever provide a helpful answer?

@shootgun if you do find a person that will transfer an account to you, make sure you use Mesanna as the middle man so they can not get the account back later.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,056
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    It is not a secret that you email Mesanna to transfer an account to another player.  You do not have to state the reason. Do you ever provide a helpful answer?

@ shootgun if you do find a person that will transfer an account to you, make sure you use Mesanna as the middle man so they can not get the account back later.
    So if i recall she said against TOS but i do what i want? Does anyone want to test that theory? 
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:

@ shootgun if you do find a person that will transfer an account to you, make sure you use Mesanna as the middle man so they can not get the account back later.
    So if i recall she said against TOS but i do what i want? Does anyone want to test that theory? 
    Yes she transferred an account to me.  She asks no questions as to why. 

If not the previous owner could call EA a few years from now,  provide a card number that was once used and get the account back.

The account owner emails her to start the process.

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 291
    edited November 2023
    Thanks for the information guys. It is really helpful!

@Pawain Were you able to change the account name once you bought it? Or did it stay in the old name.

Also, does anyone know where to buy few 5+ years old accounts cheap? Ebay did not have anything.
  • Talk to @AtlanticRealtor , he know all about the account management system. 
    You can buy and sell, Messana herself said something about at the newsletter.

As far as change the account name, no you cant,.but you can ask support and they will update all the information to your name, as soon as they verify ownership. 
    No. I don't think you can change account name. I did name changes on all the toons that I use.

Probably have to use a discord channel to answer that other question. 

IMO we should be able to get compensation for all these years.  Especially if the owner dies. UO has been a large investment for some of us.