Can we please get Yukio's Glass Earrings again ?

In a month of the Tokuno Event, repair after repair the Yukio's Glass Earrings which my Warrior wears for the Luck bonus had their durability worn down to about 240....

Of course, the lower that durability gets, the shorter the item is usable before another repair is necessary which will further wear out its durability...

And no, unfortunately, Powder of Fortification does not work on Yukio's Glass Earrings...

Bottom line is, with another month to go with the Tokuno Event plus other huntings, I think that it will not be too long before the durability will get down to a point where using the item before having to repair it again will become such a short time that it needs to be replaced. I mean, in about 30 days wearing down roughly 15 points of durability means 1 repair every 2 days on average...

The lower that durability will get, the faster I will need to repair it for its use.... every few hours of hunting?

Bottom line is, if it is possible that this item will be again offered, I would much prefer to replace my durability worn out one so as to avoid having to repair it too often as I find it quite annoying to have to always watch its durability and having to repair it too often...

One thing that I fail to understand, is how the earrings slot can take so much beating in combat.... earrings' durability should last forever, given the slot it is and, yet, my Warrior's earrings need to be repaired every other day.... go figure...

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    @popps said:
    I mean, in about 30 days wearing down roughly 15 points of durability means 1 repair every 2 days on average...

They wear down 15 points in 30 days but you are repairing them every 2 days?

I wait till things hit 5 and I get the message to repair them. And no they do not fail very often at 5 or less.

You are repairing too often.

15 points in 30 days means you would not have to repair them but once a year, so they should last 100 years according to your math.

Sure we all would like them to return, but you should use a valid argument to justify that.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Here are mine that I use on my main toon.  How long have they been out?

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    They where a reward last spring at the egg event, so I don't think we will see them anytime soon. I will not need anymore ever again. They where very cheap and eggs where very easy to get in large quantities
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,954
    Pawain said:
    @ popps said:
    I mean, in about 30 days wearing down roughly 15 points of durability means 1 repair every 2 days on average...

They wear down 15 points in 30 days but you are repairing them every 2 days?

I wait till things hit 5 and I get the message to repair them. And no they do not fail very often at 5 or less.

You are repairing too often.

15 points in 30 days means you would not have to repair them but once a year, so they should last 100 years according to your math.

Sure we all would like them to return, but you should use a valid argument to justify that.
    I repair them when they get to like 15 or so since, I noticed, if I wait too much I fail the repair and that takes away 1 point of durability, plus 1 more point for the succesful repair that is 2 points...

So, waiting until the earrings reach about 15 durability, in a month, starting at 255 I went down to about 240 durability which it means 15 points gone in 30 days.

Hence, on average, one repair every other day....

I am only repairing when necessary... the problem is, at least on a Warrior, that the earrings slot gets beaten up way, but waaaaaay too much, to my opinion.

Earrings should not take so much damage, so often, me thinks.

Anyways, since as of now it is as it is, I anticipate that I will need to replace these earrings quite soon and, thus, that is why I am asking for their come back as a reward item.
    Pawain said:

Is your main character a Tamer ?

If so, apparently when worn by a Warrior it is an entirely other story in regards to their getting beaten up and needing repairs.....
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Remove doubloon cap and add all past rewards to black market 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    Chrille said:
    They where a reward last spring at the egg event, so I don't think we will see them anytime soon. I will not need anymore ever again. They where very cheap and eggs where very easy to get in large quantities

^This^
    The earrings just re-appeared in the spring and when you combine the fact they were dirt cheap and drops were very easy to come by, there is no reason they need to be brought back so soon. 

I only did the Spring event the first weekend and maybe 3 other days in the whole 2+ months the event was active and I was able to grab another 10 pairs. I'm sure given how abundant they were that someone could easily find some on VS for a very reasonable price.
  • popps said:
    Pawain said:

If so, apparently when worn by a Warrior it is an entirely other story in regards to their getting beaten up and needing repairs.....
    Not Really, here is my Main Warrior that does all the TOT's and spawns when none are currently active.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

popps said:
    Pawain said:

Not Really, here is my Main Warrior that does all the TOT's and spawns when none are currently active.

Your hat is ugly 
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Well, then I have not a single clue why your Warrior's earrings slot gets hardly hit while my Warrior's earrings slot gets always beaten up to need repairs every other day...

It makes no sense to me but there has to be a logical explaination why your earrings do not need often repairs while mine do.

@Kyronix , is there a way to prevent the earrings slot to be beaten up or what is it that a player might do with one's own Warrior that gets the earrings' slot get beaten up so much to need so often repairs ?

Thank you.
    @popps funny how you never provide pictures of the things you say.  

Shift Widows S  Brings up the snipping tool.  Click the Attach image button here then  Cntrl V.

Like I said saying they wear out too fast is not going to bring them back, especially when you are not proving it.

Come up with a better reason that the 20 you got this Spring is not enough.  If you did not get them, oh well.  Next time get spares of everything.  Learn from your mistakes
  • Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Your hat is ugly 
    But it suits my needs.

Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Your hat is ugly 
    But it suits my needs.

It should be pink
  • I'm thinking Fuscia.

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,847
    edited November 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Your hat is ugly 
    But it suits my needs.

It should be pink
    I feel as though that I should mention it is Tokuno Pigment "Rose" currently. 

Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Your hat is ugly 
    But it suits my needs.

It should be pink
    I hate that color because it is not at all rose 
  • Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Your hat is ugly 
    But it suits my needs.

It should be pink
    I hate that color because it is not at all rose 
    I will concur, it has more of an Agapite look to it.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    These are mine that I use between both my tamer and my archer. I haven't had to repair them but 2 times since we've gotten them.

Popps....when they say 10 / 255 or 5 / 255 then you repair...don't repair before then.

They will last you your UO lifetime.

• KazKaz Posts: 128
    Hey Pops. 
    First thing; stop stressing about luck so much with these events.  Having a suit that survives better and can kill things faster will yield more drops that struggling with a sub par melee luck suit.  The less time you spend dead/getting resurrected the more you can kill things.  I run almost zero luck on my dexers and Im getting 30-45 drops an hour. 

Second thing; the yukio earrings are super cheap now, they were just in the spring fever event and people have tons of them.   If you need a new pair just message me on discord when yours break.
    Pawain said:
    @ popps funny how you never provide pictures of the things you say.  

Shift Widows S  Brings up the snipping tool.  Click the Attach image button here then  Cntrl V.

Like I said saying they wear out too fast is not going to bring them back, especially when you are not proving it.

Come up with a better reason that the 20 you got this Spring is not enough.  If you did not get them, oh well.  Next time get spares of everything.  Learn from your mistakes
    Unfortunately, last Spring real life got in the way and I could not participate to that Event so, no 20 extra Jukio's glass earrings for me...

And, I imagine, just like me, there are other UO players who could not make a "stock" of Jukio's earrings and thus are in need for this item to be offered again as a Reward considering how quickly its Durability gets depleted and that Powder of Fortification cannot be applied to it...
    Larisa said:
    These are mine that I use between both my tamer and my archer. I haven't had to repair them but 2 times since we've gotten them.

Popps....when they say 10 / 255 or 5 / 255 then you repair...don't repair before then.

Hmmm.... apparently, then, the durability loss is an issue with Warriors more then "ranged" characters...

Perhaps, @Kyronix , the Developers migh want to "tone down" the durability loss that items suffer when Warriors fight toe to toe with MoBs ?

Clearly, to me, to have to repair an "earrings slot" item every other day seems excessive....

@Larisa , I assume that your only 2 points of durability loss (and thus much, MUCH lower frequency of needed repairs) as compared to my roughly 15 points of durability loss might be explained that you stay away from MoBs most of the time while my character has to stand right by them, in order to fight and, often, because of whirlwind, often has to fight multiple MoBs at once thus getting a lot more beating on the worn items...

I think that the Developers should seriously tone down the amount of wear and tear done to items worn by toe-to-toe melee Warriors.... clearly, it currently is way too high, IMHO.
    edited November 2023
    Kaz said:
    Hey Pops. 
    First thing; stop stressing about luck so much with these events.  Having a suit that survives better and can kill things faster will yield more drops that struggling with a sub par melee luck suit.  The less time you spend dead/getting resurrected the more you can kill things.  I run almost zero luck on my dexers and Im getting 30-45 drops an hour. 

Second thing; the yukio earrings are super cheap now, they were just in the spring fever event and people have tons of them.   If you need a new pair just message me on discord when yours break.
    @Kaz ;

Thank you, at the start of the Event I have been trying running a better fighting suit with less to no Luck but I realized that my reflexes are slower as compared to many other UO players who I see speeding around the screen and even killing stuff while "on the run" (I tried doing this but with not much success), without even stopping to fight them... also, I cannot seem to be able to aggro MoBs (to then use Whirlind) as much as other UO Melee fighters that I see around who, I see running around all over the place and then dragging behind them lots and lots of MoBs.... for some reasons, the MoBs that I aggro at some point, while I am running, loose interest in coming after me while I am running and in the end I can only manage to get a handfull to come to me...

Furthermore, this kind of "twitch" and frenzied gameplay is not much appealing to me.... it is too much sped up to my liking... I prefer a more calmed and paced gameplay and, so, I ended up using more Luck on the suit at the expense of fighting prowess to compensate for not being able and not really liking to kill MoBs as fast as other Melee characters that I see around...

Nonetheless, even with Luck, I am nowhere near the 30-45 drops/hour which you mention... I am more in the range of like 15-16/hour.... I have been able to go up to 1,165 Luck on the suit without the Luck Statue hour, so far and I reached a wall there... without further compromising my fighting and surviving capability I cannot add any other Luck item on the suit....

Apparently, there is not really many Luck items with stats on them for Warriors... most Luck items do not have properties like Stamina Increase or Regen, of Hit Chance Increase etc. etc. so, wearing them inevitably lowers the ability of a Warrior to stand up and be effective (and stay alive) in a fight....
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 911
    edited November 2023
    these can be bought for peanuts in game.  its not the dev's fault you missed the counterfeit ones that were bought for something like 35 points recently
    So in the last what 2 years 2 events have run with these for rewards. How did you. NOT get some?  Actually, don't answer, I don't care to know why you didn't get them. Seems EVERYONE else did

So your option is to but them in game form vendors

Also, not sure if, or even WHY the game should be altered to accommodate YOU

It also appears that this VET player has no idea about repairing items, and when to 254/255 is NOT the time to repair

As mentioned about one pair should last a lifetime. Learn how to use them

Please close this thread.  Answered many times, it's not a debate forum is it?

these can be bought for peanuts in game.  its not the dev's fault you missed the counterfeit ones that were bought for something like 35 points recently
    So in the last what 2 years 2 events have run with these for rewards. How did you. NOT get some?  Actually, don't answer, I don't care to know why you didn't get them. Seems EVERYONE else did

It also appears that this VET player has no idea about repairing items, and when to 254/255 is NOT the time to repair

To my opinion, Reward items need to be periodically re-presented since it can very well be, that some UO players may miss some Events, whatever their reasons, or just come to the game as new players or returnin UO players after those Events were held thus missing their Reward items.

Especially, for those items that were offered without the ability for players to apply Powder of Fortification to them, thus making for them not possible to restore their original 255 Durability and thus, over time, necessarily becoming timed out from being much usable in the game.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    popps said:
    Larisa said:

Hmmm.... apparently, then, the durability loss is an issue with Warriors more then "ranged" characters...

Perhaps, @ Kyronix , the Developers migh want to "tone down" the durability loss that items suffer when Warriors fight toe to toe with MoBs ?

Clearly, to me, to have to repair an "earrings slot" item every other day seems excessive....

@ Larisa , I assume that your only 2 points of durability loss (and thus much, MUCH lower frequency of needed repairs) as compared to my roughly 15 points of durability loss might be explained that you stay away from MoBs most of the time while my character has to stand right by them, in order to fight and, often, because of whirlwind, often has to fight multiple MoBs at once thus getting a lot more beating on the worn items...

I think that the Developers should seriously tone down the amount of wear and tear done to items worn by toe-to-toe melee Warriors.... clearly, it currently is way too high, IMHO.

Trust me, my tamer and my archer get hit A LOT! I will stand toe to toe with mobs rather then *kiting*  them, just because I am too lazy to run all over the place...UNLESS it's a paragon lol. But you'll see Larisa up close and personal with most of the mobs she fights if they have a lot of hp. I have to repair my ring/bracelet every few weeks I'd say, depending on what I do...scalis, underwater boss etc. I notice my jewelry goes down rather quickly when I do primevil lich, but the earrings? Not so much.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    @popps Can I clarify what you're saying? 15 durability points, that's 240/255?  and you repair at 30 points, 225/250? If that's correct you are repairing far too often. If you're playing in EC, the game will tell you when to repair. First the item slot will glow orange around the edge, and when the item becomes seriously damaged it glows red. I admit I repair at orange, although many repair at red. Don't repair so much, you are destroying your own kit!
    edited November 2023
    @ popps Can I clarify what you're saying? 15 durability points, that's 240/255?  and you repair at 30 points, 225/250? If that's correct you are repairing far too often. If you're playing in EC, the game will tell you when to repair. First the item slot will glow orange around the edge, and when the item becomes seriously damaged it glows red. I admit I repair at orange, although many repair at red. Don't repair so much, you are destroying your own kit!
    After 1 month into the Tokuno Event with my warrior, the Yukio's Glass Earrings started at 255/255 durability and now are about 240/255.

I repair when at about 15/whatever the current CAP (like I started at 15/255, then at 15/254 and so forth... now I repair at 15/240 ....).

I tend not to repair too low, because then I found out that I fail more likely the repair and I loose 1 durability point all for nothing because of the fail.

Yesterday, on an imbued bracelet which I overlooked the repair and was like at 12/197 or so when I repaired, I failed 5 times in a row which took away 5 durability points plus the 1 more for the succesful repair that repair cost me on that bracelet 6 durability points down for the CAP.... which it spells for having, sooner or later, to have to re-craft and imbue that bracelet....

I do not think I am thus repairing too often... when down at 15/whatever the current CAP .... the problem is, rather, that whatever the reasons my earrings slot gets beaten up by the MOBs I fight toe-to-toe with my Warrior way, but waaaaaaaaaaay too much and too often.

As I said, in about 30 days I lost 15 repair points to the CAP because of necessary repairs which it means, having to repair every other day my Yukio's Glass Earrings.

That is, in 30 days I had to repair my earrings 15 times (hence the 15 durability points loss) which it makes it every other day on average, a necessary repair.....

I think it is way too much and too often and I would really like @Kyronix to please tell me what I might be doing wrong in my fighting that is causing my Yukio's Glass Earrings to be beaten up so much and so often to have to repair them every other day.....
  • popps said:

To my opinion, Reward items need to be periodically re-presented since it can very well be, that some UO players may miss some Events, whatever their reasons, or just come to the game as new players or returnin UO players after those Events were held thus missing their Reward items.

Especially, for those items that were offered without the ability for players to apply Powder of Fortification to them, thus making for them not possible to restore their original 255 Durability and thus, over time, necessarily becoming timed out from being much usable in the game.
    Stop with the 3rd person text. You do not represent other players
    Just yourself

Once again. these glasses have bene available twice in the last fewer years

everyone but YOU have plenty

Apart for writing novels, what were you doing through both events?????

•  @ Kyronix to please tell me what I might be doing wrong in my fighting that is causing my Yukio's Glass Earrings to be beaten up so much and so often to have to repair them every other day.....
    What?

Are you serious?

@ Kyronix to please tell me what I might be doing wrong in my fighting that is causing my Yukio's Glass Earrings to be beaten up so much and so often to have to repair them every other day.....
    What?

Are you serious?
    Remember the thread where he wanted more warning about repairs, now we know his earrings went to 0 and he could not find which item needed repairs  so he kept playing.
This discussion has been closed.