The Billing/Account MisManagment System MUST be changed

Otherwise it WILL be the ultimate death of UO.  Here is why:

I recently learned a dear friend had quit UO.   Fortunately he and I are Facebook friends too.
So I asked him what happened?  Why did you leave?   I was horrified to learn that he was over charged  $3999.99.  He had a separate checking account with debit card just for gaming.  I am glad for his sake he did.  It took him TWO MONTHS!  TWO MONTHS!!!!!!!  To get the mess straightened out.
He no longer feel comfortable with or trust the EA/Broadsword billing system.   Nor do I.  However since Jirel is majoring in Forensic Accounting, I know her eagle eye is on it.  She has also networked and made contacts that could prove helpful if such an event were to occur.

Not every player is so lucky and I worry for other who might get messed around.  Obviously Mesanna is completely helpless and useless in this sort of situation as she herself has said EA told her specifically "Hands Off!".  

Under business law  Broadsword could  nail EA for interfering with their ability to conduct business. 
However if Broadsword is a subsidiary or SPE (special purpose entity) then its all moot.  Because EA owns it and can do what they like. This would be akin to shooting oneself in the proverbial foot, but it sounds like the way EA conducts business. 

If I were Mesanna and Mr. Denton I would having a sit down with TPTB  at EA, and try reach some sort of amicable arrangement to fix the the Account MisManagement  System.

We can't afford to lose players like my friend for stupid billing errors. He only had something like 20 accounts.  Not all were active, but still you don't go pissing away good customers.  He's been playing I know 15-16 years. I am going to miss him.

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    This is why I love using game time codes rather than the monthly subscription. I choose when to pay. Not them. 
  • DJAd said:
    This is why I love using game time codes rather than the monthly subscription. I choose when to pay. Not them. 

Amen.  We do have ours charged to a credit card.   I seriously doubt EA would win in a contest of wills against American Express.  :D     Honestly, Amex hasn't been all its cracked up to be. We've had some issues most of them a result of Amex using Indian call centers and the inability of the customer service agents to understand English.  :s    Neither Jirel nor I have any desire to learn Hindi to conduct business.  Beside you still have a 95% chance they won't understand you as there are something like 100 different dialects spoken in India. :s
  • Dev Team are you listening? 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Did your friend E-Mail Mesanna and ask her for her help in resolving this matter?
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 318
    edited April 2018
    Bilbo said:
    Did your friend E-Mail Mesanna and ask her for her help in resolving this matter?
    Yes, he did.  Not much she could do because it was EA's side of the house.  So he was fighting with EA for TWO MONTHS!!!  

Bilbo I know you've been to the meet n greets.  Mesanna has said over and over there is nothing she can do regarding subscription billing and the UO store.  EA ties her hands. Its not her fault she is powerless. 

edited by Mariah
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 318
    edited April 2018
    Mariah please don't candy coat EA's mistakes.  I am NOT DISPARAGING MESANNA. 
     I'm stating what Mesanna herself has repeatedly said.  EA sucks, period.  I'm sorry if that offends you ears and eyes.  After 16 years I think I've EARNED the right to trash EA.  I AM NOT TRASHING THE DEV TEAM!
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Mariah please don't candy coat EA's mistakes.  I am NOT DISPARAGING MESANNA. 
     I'm stating what Mesanna herself has repeatedly said.  EA sucks, period.  I'm sorry if that offends you ears and eyes.  After 16 years I think I've EARNED the right to trash EA.  I AM NOT TRASHING THE DEV TEAM!
    So was it spaghetti code or EA? Mesanna needs to make up her mind with which story she wants to go .. 
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)