Fire Painting from other then purchasing the King’s Collection from the UO Store ?

I wanted to ask the question in the pertaining Thread where @Pawain mentioned here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/68619/#Comment_68619 ;

I got no candles or painting from BODs either.

You get virtue and ant virtue deco items from the artisan festival.

The holiday gifts are from clicking an item. You get one per toon. Can get on all shards.

I have hundreds of those.  I may have a set of fire paintings when I bring them all together.

My average seemed to be 1 per 12 on the fire paintings.

But a Moderator closed the Thread...

So, I am here asking.....

I thought, that, in order to get a Fire Painting, one had to purchase the King’s Collection from the UO Store but, reading that comment from Pawain, I see to understand that there is an alternative to get it?

What exactly is this other way if I may ask ?

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Players selling??
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,975Moderator
    I think he means the snowman painting with the fire on it, as the thread is about the Christmas gifts. Not the king's collection item.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    Mariah said:
    I think he means the snowman painting with the fire on it, as the thread is about the Christmas gifts. Not the king's collection item.
    Well, that is a possibility although, when I hear a player mentioning a "Fire Painting" to me it means the actual Fire Painting from the King's Collection sold at the UO Store...

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/the-kings-collection/
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,249
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    Well, that is a possibility although, when I hear a player mentioning a "Fire Painting" to me it means the actual Fire Painting from the King's Collection sold at the UO Store...

Well popps if you bothered to get the Holiday Gifts or read any of the threads about them you would know that there was TWO different paintings and one of them had a fire on it, everybody else was smart enough to know what @Pawain was talking about, "shakes head and walks away"
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    popps said:
    I wanted to ask the question in the pertaining Thread where @ Pawain mentioned here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/68619/#Comment_68619 ;

I got no candles or painting from BODs either.

You get virtue and ant virtue deco items from the artisan festival.

The holiday gifts are from clicking an item. You get one per toon. Can get on all shards.

I have hundreds of those.  I may have a set of fire paintings when I bring them all together.

My average seemed to be 1 per 12 on the fire paintings.

But a Moderator closed the Thread...

So, I am here asking.....

I thought, that, in order to get a Fire Painting, one had to purchase the King’s Collection from the UO Store but, reading that comment from Pawain, I see to understand that there is an alternative to get it?

What exactly is this other way if I may ask ?

Yes the snowman with the campfire next to him.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    But perhaps....
    LOL
    popps said:
    Mariah said:

Well popps if you bothered to get the Holiday Gifts or read any of the threads about them you would know that there was TWO different paintings and one of them had a fire on it, everybody else was smart enough to know what @ Pawain was talking about, "shakes head and walks away"
    Well, since the one item named the "Fire Painting" is that older item coming with the King's Collection from the UO Store, perhaps, to avoid misunderstandings, calling itthe Painting of a Snowman with a camp fire, might have been better...

popps said:
    popps said:
    Mariah said:

Well popps if you bothered to get the Holiday Gifts or read any of the threads about them you would know that there was TWO different paintings and one of them had a fire on it, everybody else was smart enough to know what @ Pawain was talking about, "shakes head and walks away"
    Well, since the one item named the "Fire Painting" is that older item coming with the King's Collection from the UO Store, perhaps, to avoid misunderstandings, calling itthe Painting of a Snowman with a camp fire, might have been better...

So you're angry another poster called something you think is wrong? Do you want him sent to his room ? Did you think this through before posting? 
    popps said:
    popps said:
    Mariah said:

The thread was about the supposid sic gifts for the holidays.

The paintings are new so I can name them whatever I want. 

Easier to write fire than snowman with campfire.

Also I have the kings collections ones. LAME they just give .1 scrolls.  Great way to fill up a book with junk you never use.
  • Popps, YOU are the only person confused about this. everyone else read the post and understood, and as per usual you are now arguing your point.

The funny part is it's pawain he's taking to the wood shed !
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    If you do not like Fire Paintings name for the holiday gift Batiks - you can call them by what I do =  Suicidal Snowman.
     :D 
    Popps, YOU are the only person confused about this. everyone else read the post and understood, and as per usual you are now arguing your point.

I understand what the words that I read say...

If I read "Fire Painting", to my understanding, it is the one Fire Painting that comes with the King's collection....
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    It’s just a misunderstanding. Moving on…
    Not only is it a misunderstanding but it was just a comment from Another player get over it..
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 904
    edited January 2022
    popps said:
    Popps, YOU are the only person confused about this. everyone else read the post and understood, and as per usual you are now arguing your point.

If I read "Fire Painting", to my understanding, it is the one Fire Painting that comes with the King's collection....
    Well in this case you are WRONG. Clearly you did not read the pos did you?

Mariah, time to lock this stupidity. He is now trying to create arguments for the sake of it

We all know what the original post was about. Popps did not and is now being argumentative 
    popps said:

OMFG  What are you a friggin 3 year old
    edited January 2022
    popps said:

Just someone who believes in words at their "flat" value....

And the reason for that is, that otherwise, if words were not taken at their flat value, multiple interpretations can be possible of those same words which then leads to misunderstandings... and misunderstandings are not good, to my opinion, and should be avoided as much as possible, IMHO.
    edited January 2022
    Popps let’s see if you do understand 

what was the original conversation about?

YOU dropped in the kings collection which is totally irrelevant and as per normal are now trying to debate to death what you do not understand

YOU are the only person to bring up kings collection 

once again you have created an argument out if nothing

If you were participating in the gift handout you would understand what the fire paintings were all about

so you were 100% not involved and you do NOT understand the context and in this case what “fire paintings” were 
    popps said:
    popps said:

Just someone who believes in words at their "flat" value....

And the reason for that is, that otherwise, if words were not taken at their flat value, multiple interpretations can be possible of those same words which then leads to misunderstandings... and misunderstandings are not good, to my opinion, and should be avoided as much as possible, IMHO.

You included the kings collection fire paintings because you did not bother read read and understand what Pawain was discussing.

the only misunderstanding is YOURS and yours alone, and now, as per usual argue the case but you are WRONG

Just admit it and move on
  • Lets try again.

Kings collection

NOBODY in the closed thread mentioned the kings collection

ONLY you did because you did not bother to read the whole conversation or understand it

Now, to try and style it out you are trying to deflect from the fact you did NOT read the old thread
    everyone knows what the fire painting in that thread relates to, except you

So stop arguing, you are WRONG, you misunderstood and YOU know the answer to your question about the kings collection fire paintings and where to get them

So why are you still arguing?

edited January 2022
    Mariah, please close this thread. He is wrong and is now arguing the case for no reason other than to troll and be annoying.

There is not purpose to this thread other than to show how wrong Popps is

We all know what the fire painting relate to in the closed thread. Well, everyone but Popps

And the original point of this futile thread was to ascertain if the kings collection fire painting can be gained in another way.

They cant, Popps is wrong, again, and is not trolling to style out how wrong he is

And until this pointless thread is locked he will continue to troll even though he is Wrong, we know he is wrong
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,975Moderator
    Enough!
This discussion has been closed.