Ship bugs while doing Krampus TRs

I have been kicked off my small ship twice today while doing trade runs. First time, I was approaching New Mag and tried to disembark and it did not work. So I tried to move south along the Eastern shore line and try again. I first tried to leave my ship via plank and nothing happened, so I commanded the tillerman to go south. Before I could try to disembark again, I was warped to shore and my ship sailed away backwards without me.

Second time. Running a trade from New Mag to Minoc. Not a bad route, just sail mostly north.

I sailed for a while, got ambushed a couple times and when I finally saw the mainland my ship up and disappeared and I was sent back all the way to New Magincia!

I had to cancel my trade order being stuck and all. I recalled to my ship and it was on the shore near Cove, as I would have expected. What gives? Is this a known thing? Is there a way to avoid it?

This is my first year seriously trying Krampus and I have been having a blast! I have had some but these two glitches are making me wonder if I am missing something? I have been playing on and off since day one, but so I have missed a lot - sorry if this is a dumb question.

Comments

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Most people skip the ship runs, unless doing a crossing to skara. Krampus cant spawn over water, and they are longer.

I do brit to minoc, vesper, trinsic, yew and skara only
  • OK, good info. How long is the timer from rejecting a run to when you can get another one?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    I have a heck of a time getting on and off ships with planks.

Get you a Tokuno or Orc ship and you will have much less trouble.

I also do not use ships for runs, but others do.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    I have a heck of a time getting on and off ships with planks.

Get you a Tokuno or Orc ship and you will have much less trouble.

I also do not use ships for runs, but others do.
    Yeah, just get the Tokuno ships, it is so much easier to get on and off. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    OK, good info. How long is the timer from rejecting a run to when you can get another one?
    About 5 minutes I believe.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Tim said:
    OK, good info. How long is the timer from rejecting a run to when you can get another one?
    2 minutes 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    Tim said:
    2 minutes 
    Ding Ding!
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    The bank at one of the locations is too high to get off of the ship.  Might be this one.

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    The beaches up north on the New Magincia Island is easy to embark on or the docks down south. You can "fall" off your ship when you stand on the plank if you stay on the ship itself it won't happen. Not sure what happened when your ship dissapeared likely a very rare ship bug.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    If you say forward or any direction your ship keeps sailing even if you recall off Garr does it all the time on long sails to empty pack etc
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    Think what happened to you when you were sent back to New Mag. happened to me last night.  Game play started to get erratic and I had to log.  When I came back on, I saw a connection lost message, which I see at least once a night now, and my player was off the boat in a location he had previously tried to get off at on the other end of the island.  Getting use to these glitches now so I didn’t pay that much attention to it but that was the first time I ended up someplace else when I logged back on.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,792
    Here is what we've done on Pacific for those making the Skara Brae run.  For those with the High Sea's expansion pack you can leap frog to the other side using the two ships.

Nice!
  • someone set this up on Origin, works well

ship.png 593.6K
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• I am NOT getting along with boats lately, LOL!

This time, it sailed away without me as I was crossing to Skara. Luckily I was able to click on the gangplank and get back on, but I enjoyed a second of godliness as I stood on the water.

I was on the plank at the time, I think I need to make sure I am secure on the ship in the future.