Murderer System seems pretty out of whack these days

crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
Why is it that I see so many blues who are obviously PK's running around? Because they can just get a pardon for pretty much every single murder count instantly, and then be blue whenever they decide. 

Also, why the hell are reds allowed in town? This is dumb. 

Bring back the bounty system too. 

WTF happened to UO since I left in 2000? @Dukarlo @Kyronix

Comments

• crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    edited April 2018
    Yesterday I was being attacked by a red, and then when I saw him later, I clicked to attack him, and the game warned me it might make me a criminal... wtf? Was it cause hes VVV? I don't get it. I'm not even sure he was VVV, I'm just speculating maybe that's what it was. Still this brings me back to when I attacked a Red, and then my friends couldn't res me or heal me after I ressed myself.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 394
    I agree with this. I used like PVP and since coming back in 2016 I don't really, but the few times I did.. blues were just happily pk'ing me...there need to be solutions for this. If people wanna murder, that's fine.. but they shouldn't be able to just basically be blue mass murderers.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I’ll chime in here.

The reason the reds are eating forged pardons to go blue is because ontop of the virtue system, the devs introduced a 24 hour buff. Now the city buff is only obtainable in trammel but for some reason it stays active in fel. So blues can have an advantage over reds. Also, it’s bugged as when you die the buff remains active. 

If it weren’t for this I’m sure reds would stay red. But it’s not as it the people have killed you without penalty. Unless they got 250k worth of insurance from you, your death would’ve hurt them more than it hurt you.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    But the blue killing blues have no penalty. Just another situation where players are abusing mechanics. A murderer is a murderer red or blue. If you have to keep eating pardons because you can't get a city buff then lol. City buffs are hardly game changers. Only character I even use one on is my sampire. Hardly seems wise to make a suit around a city buff. As far as virtues go myrder is hardly virtous whether you are red or blue.Seems to me the abuse is easily fixable. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    Both the blues you speak of would’ve entered fel to pvp. That is why there is fel and trammel. You’re not explaining why the aggressor should have a penalty. If the aggressor successful slayed the other blue, surely the losing party should suffer a large penalty? 

Perhaps if you give more detail about what the blue that died was doing and how the attacking blue killed them we could discuss who was in the right/wrong.

i have 2 chars that are blue to use the city buff, I’d prefer not to have to keep the chars blue. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• The rich make and break the rule of ethics to their own desire. 

A pvp'r will murder anybody to reach their objective.

A pk'r will murder anybody just because they find it fun.

Both these type of players can stay blue if they can afford it.

Siege doesn't seem to have this problem.

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    The rich make and break the rule of ethics to their own desire. 

A pvp'r will murder anybody to reach their objective.

A pk'r will murder anybody just because they find it fun.

Both these type of players can stay blue if they can afford it.

Siege doesn't seem to have this problem.
    Exactly. One wonder why all this Serial Killers don't play there. Boh...  :D ;)
  • DavoDavo Posts: 46

this has been brought up many times. royal pardons should of never of been put in game. pvp is dead to me because with vvv, everyone is your enemy. its just not fun anymore unless u are in large.guild. also one client is way better than the other unless u cheat. I just don't care anymore. get rid of vvv and give the reds towns buffs in bucs, delucia, papua and nujel'm. good vs evil is the way to go with the game.

• InLorInLor Posts: 394
    Davo said:

this has been brought up many times. royal pardons should of never of been put in game. pvp is dead to me because with vvv, everyone is your enemy. its just not fun anymore unless u are in large.guild. also one client is way better than the other unless u cheat. I just don't care anymore. get rid of vvv and give the reds towns buffs in bucs, delucia, papua and nujel'm. good vs evil is the way to go with the game.

Sounds good.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Yeah, what is up with this? I heard that potentially after the EJ release, they may focus on fixing the pvp system or VVV. Does anyone know if this is true?
  • Yeah, what is up with this? I heard that potentially after the EJ release, they may focus on fixing the pvp system or VVV. Does anyone know if this is true?
    Last I heard, that Mesanna said pvp and VvV were fine the way they are and there were no plans fix them. Then again Mesanna and the Dev Team reserve the right to change their mind at anytime.