Has something changed with raising and lowering ability scores?

I have my intelligence(150) set to down and my strength(125) set to up. I have played the character regularly daily for months. They have not budged.

I have even removed a skill and set my Focus to increase from 0 and still have not seen a single movement.

What is the process now?

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    What are you doing to raise strength?
  • dvvid said:
    What are you doing to raise strength?
    Normal mage play which has always been good enough since historically strength was a secondary to intelligence.

I also mentioned that I tried raising focus from 0. All the way to 120. Nothing.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Ensure all the skills you use are set up and not locked to gain stat

You know you cannot gain over 125 base strength though? you must have +strength bonus items to get up to 150"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    I am fairly certain 125 is the stat cap, and 150 is from gear. Get naked an check your base stats.
  • I would stone a skill and raise lumberjacking from 0. If you don’t get enough str gain by the time you hit 30-40 and you have another empty soulstone dump limberjacking on to stone and flush it off the stone. Go raise from 0 again. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Norry is correct.  Max you can raise any of the three basic stats to is 125.  The other 25 comes from what you are wearing and using.. You have already maxed out you strength.  Wearing or using something that raises strength can get it up to 150.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    LilyGrace said:
    I would stone a skill and raise lumberjacking from 0. If you don’t get enough str gain by the time you hit 30-40 and you have another empty soulstone dump limberjacking on to stone and flush it off the stone. Go raise from 0 again. 
    “You don’t have to actually gain in any skill, all you need is a skill set up. Let us assume you’re at 720 skill cap, if you set every single skill up, you will not gain in any skill but pretty much any action will result in a stat movement”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    As already said you are at max strength so will not gain unless you add plus strength gear.

• “You don’t have to actually gain in any skill, all you need is a skill set up. Let us assume you’re at 720 skill cap, if you set every single skill up, you will not gain in any skill but pretty much any action will result in a stat movement”
    I hear you and I’ve been told it before. But I swear my str stat (not capped) has been stuck before even tho both dex and int were marked to go down. Mining and lumberjacking have gotten it to move. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    To raise or lower a personal stat (strength, dexterity or intelligence) you need to do three things.  First, make sure the stat is not at its max of 125.  Strength is already at that in this post so it can’t be raised by using any skill.  Second, if the stat you want to raise is below 125, look at the chart Mariah has the link to in her response and find the action the raises the stat you want to raise and lowers the stat you are willing to lower.  Third, mark the stat you want to raise to go up and the stat you are willing to lower to go down.  Then just perform the action over and over again.  Have done this several times now.  Sometimes takes longer than I expect but it usually can be done in one play session.