Hythloth's Rewards : which one(s) do you think have and will retain best selling value ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,945
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

Which item(s) among the various Hythloth Rewards available, do you think hold(s) the best selling value and ability because, objectively, it is(are) and will pretty much always be, in good demand on any given Shard ?

Thanks for sharing your opinion !

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    popps said:

Which item(s) among the various Hythloth Rewards available, do you think hold(s) the best selling value and ability because, objectively, it is(are) and will pretty much always be, in good demand on any given Shard ?

The Balron armor obviously, but the lantern +5 sdi is also good. I am trying to collect enough to build characters for home shard before hunting other shards.

I have seen visitors from other shards recently in the dungeon...

Edit: Thanks to repeated Rewards, I am aiming for gargoyle gear as well. Hope to find more time to get +10 ssi for my gargoyle.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    Seth said:
    popps said:

The Balron armor obviously, but the lantern +5 sdi is also good. I am trying to collect enough to build characters for home shard before hunting other shards.

Edit: Thanks to repeated Rewards, I am aiming for gargoyle gear as well. Hope to find more time to get +10 ssi for my gargoyle.
    Thank you for your reply.

What about the SSI Epaulettes ?

Being, to my understanding, a "best in slot" item, does that mean that they will always be in high demand and, thus, retain a good selling value that is comparable to the Balron Armor and the Lantern ?
    edited November 2021
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    popps said:

Thank you for your reply.

What about the SSI Epaulettes ?

Being, to my understanding, a "best in slot" item, does that mean that they will always be in high demand and, thus, retain a good selling value that is comparable to the Balron Armor and the Lantern ?

I think the +10 ssi epaulette will always have high demand because there is no other alternative in the slot.

Before this, a certain templates are stucked using the Insane Tinker legs. The epaulette helps to open up other options.

Just my opinion, e.g. the cameo is always available for hunting at shadow guard but the price keep going up.

So if they don't repeat the Rewards, which are just 2 months a year, they will always be in high demand.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me but just sharing my thoughts.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    Since they are shard bound. You may want to ask players on your shard. The items don't travel well.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Since they are shard bound. You may want to ask players on your shard. The items don't travel well.
    If an item is usefull and, thus, needed (on demand), I think that this, is regardless of what Shard it is...
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    If an item is usefull and, thus, needed (on demand), I think that this, is regardless of what Shard it is...
    So, you can not tell which items are useful?  Since the pages will never appear again, maybe you should buy extras of those.
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    So, you can not tell which items are useful?  Since the pages will never appear again, maybe you should buy extras of those.
    The pages are for decoration, usefullness means one can actually "do something" with that item...
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    But this entire thread has nothing to do with usefulness and is all about money and greed.
    Isn't it funny that you never state your opinion first, why is that?

Depending on the answers given here the next thread will be about being able to get back your turn-in so you can get a different item because it is so unfair that you picked the wrong thing for resell.

Everybody needs to tell @popps it is the most useless item so he will get a bunch of them, @popps is incapable of using his own brain and when he does he comes on here and whines about how unfair it is that the DEVs will not change things to fit his needs.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    The balron armor, the epps, and the boots will always be in demand (and hopefully return regularly keeping their prices low.) 

People who cross-shard can't transfer with them so they'll always be looking to buy. The demon slayer totem less so because cameos do transfer.

The named 50% sdi spellbooks, the book pages, the decorations, etc are all very neat and I'm glad they are included but those prices will depend on your shard. The aforementioned equipment prices will all be determined by how much a wealthy Atlantic cross-sharder is willing to pay which will drive the cost up everywhere.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Shouldn't be moved to the cats for sale section??
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Jepeth said:
    The balron armor, the epps, and the boots will always be in demand (and hopefully return regularly keeping their prices low.) 

People who cross-shard can't transfer with them so they'll always be looking to buy. The demon slayer totem less so because cameos do transfer.

The named 50% sdi spellbooks, the book pages, the decorations, etc are all very neat and I'm glad they are included but those prices will depend on your shard. The aforementioned equipment prices will all be determined by how much a wealthy Atlantic cross-sharder is willing to pay which will drive the cost up everywhere.
    I don't think their prices will ever get too low... lol
    Unique specs + shard bound + event-only item.

Seth said:

Well, for sure low is a relative term here. I could see a good balance if these items were under a hundred million on the low to just about 200 on the high. Granted that’s not “low” for most players but it isn’t the 3 quarters of a billion in gold the epps had been trending towards.
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    But this entire thread has nothing to do with usefulness and is all about money and greed.
    Isn't it funny that you never state your opinion first, why is that?

Depending on the answers given here the next thread will be about being able to get back your turn-in so you can get a different item because it is so unfair that you picked the wrong thing for resell.

Everybody needs to tell @ popps it is the most useless item so he will get a bunch of them, @ popps is incapable of using his own brain and when he does he comes on here and whines about how unfair it is that the DEVs will not change things to fit his needs.
    Nothing at all about "money and greed" but, rather, of players who, perhaps, have been able to get enough points to get the Rewards that they personally need/want, but have some "spare" points to claim some other Reward and, not needing anything else for themselves, they thought to use those points for a Reward or 2 which might actually be in good demand and, thus, be easy to sell and for a good amount which then these players could spend to buy themselves other items which they may need....

Money comes, money goes....

And what makes "demand" ? What players may want...

So, players pointing out to this or that particular Reward might hint that a given Reward might be more on demand and, thus, be an item which those players having "spare" extra point could claim to them sell them more easily and for a better price.

I do not see what might be wrong with any of that.
    edited November 2021
    Jepeth said:
    Seth said:

Well, for sure low is a relative term here. I could see a good balance if these items were under a hundred million on the low to just about 200 on the high. Granted that’s not “low” for most players but it isn’t the 3 quarters of a billion in gold the epps had been trending towards.
    The SSI Epaulettes have been selling for 750 millions of UO gold ?

WOW........

Then, I suppose, the SSI Epaulettes are the Reward pick that might make more sense to pick.... 

Not to mention, that they cost 100 points versus the 150 points of the Balron Armor...

If 100 points bring home 750 Millions with the SSI Epaulettes, then what does the 150 points Balron Armor sell for ? Over 1 Platinum of gold ?

I mean, the math is rather easy.... 750 / 100 points =  7.50 millions per point.

Therefore, 150 points the Balron Armor takes = 7.50 x 150 = 1.1 Platinum UO gold....
    again this is nothing but a price check on Cats lets keep the moderation fair and even or at least rename the thread...
    Jepeth said:
    Seth said:

It is fair to classify these as "rare arties" based on their SB and event status. And Dev did not promise they will come back every year. So I doubt they will fall below auction or anything below 150m is cheap. Because comparing to items like Cameo, they are far more rare and valuable.
    edited November 2021
    popps said:
    The SSI Epaulettes have been selling for 750 millions of UO gold ?

WOW........

Then, I suppose, the SSI Epaulettes are the Reward pick that might make more sense to pick.... 

Not to mention, that they cost 100 points versus the 150 points of the Balron Armor...

If 100 points bring home 750 Millions with the SSI Epaulettes, then what does the 150 points Balron Armor sell for ? Over 1 Platinum of gold ?

I mean, the math is rather easy.... 750 / 100 points =  7.50 millions per point.

Therefore, 150 points the Balron Armor takes = 7.50 x 150 = 1.1 Platinum UO gold....
    They were trending towards that much, not that each and every epp was selling that range. Looking back on a populated discord I see that in the months leading up to this event they were going 600-700 million. Now that they are back I wouldn't expect after this event they would continue to go for that price. At least not for a good long while. 

Whether or not the Balron armor could or would go for over a plat depends on how people theorycraft out its use moving forward. The epps are incredibly useful across a variety of templates due to what they bring to that armor slot. The chest piece will likely be a staple of every archer and sampire's suit but there are still alternative choices out there. 

And to your point, @Seth, I agree that most of these items won't fall below 100 million. Personally I don't think that's healthy for the game long-term, but it is the reality of the game. In lieu of them returning I'd much rather see these items find their way onto a Blackthorn captain-like system. The people who need the items are happy cause they can put the time in with others to earn them. The people who want new items in these events are happy because the devs can focus on including those. I suppose the only people who wouldn't be happy are the ones who ground out thousands of points for multiple copies. But, hey, gambling can go both ways!
    edited November 2021
    Jepeth said:

In lieu of them returning I'd much rather see these items find their way onto a Blackthorn captain-like system. The people who need the items are happy cause they can put the time in with others to earn them. The people who want new items in these events are happy because the devs can focus on including those. I suppose the only people who wouldn't be happy are the ones who ground out thousands of points for multiple copies. But, hey, gambling can go both ways!
    Yeah, everyone has their agenda, but that will be another topic.

Popps - maybe the gargoyle versions will end up more valuable than the human version, esp. in the long term if there is no repeated reward.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,683
    edited November 2021
    they have answered the top selling items...
    but for me, I really like the transmog items too

I am hoping I will have time to get one on other shards
    not just my home shard
    just because I love the look of it dyed Dull Ruby

I doubt if they will repeat the transmog items
    edited November 2021
    Yes, the transmog items are likely to be a sleeper hit later. My mage/t-hunter is much happier with his new transmog lantern as opposed to carrying that heavy shield around.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Dude just asked a simple question…. not sure why it sparked rage in some. 
  • dvvid said:
    Dude just asked a simple question…. not sure why it sparked rage in some. 
    For real.
    Vic sells puppies and bacon for 100 on Origin tyty gets 200 on pac it's a question with no answer that should have been specifically asked on his home shard and no matter the answer given it would be counter debated until some answer that fits thier agenda is given with much bashing in between 
    edited November 2021
    The OP question is about relative value between items in an event. 

For those who don’t fight pvp, do you know which item is the best? For those who never build a warrior, do you know when you picked a powerful drop or just throw away? Did you see the stickied thread about loots? How many of you find items that are under or over priced in vendors. Wait, stop talking about cross-shard, but just Atlantic alone. Hephaestus shield could sell between 2m and 65m depending on whether the seller understands it’s value. 

Well, the easiest answer could have been higher points mean potentially higher value. But what about items with same points value?

Yall don’t pretend you know everything.
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/6509/loot-write-up-for-returning-new-players#latest
    On another note, I do not understand the logic behind setting the "points' costs" for Rewards...

Let me make an example to better explain myself.

Let's look at 2 Rewards which are supposedly "mirrored", so to speak...

General Lethe's Epaulettes, intended for Spellcasters, and Lord Morphius' Epaulettes, intended for Warriors.

Now, their cost is the same, 100 points, yet, while Lord Morphius SSI Epaulettes are actually a good addition for Warriors, because of the alternative suits options which they can open up, thus worth the 100 points effort to earn them, not the same can be said for General Lethe's Epaulettes which do not bring to spellcasters that "change" in a suit that the SSI Epaulettes bring for Warriors.

Yet, they cost the same 100 points to get.

This, to point out how, if a player had 100 points to spend on a Reward for selling purposes, I understand, that they would be much better off getting a Lord Morphius Epaulettes rather then General Lethe's Epaulettes.....

Yet, they were priced the same 100 points and I do not understand the logic behind that.
    Why is the deco wildfire lantern so expensive.  Why do we have to pay for any of it. We should be able to make our own prices. They can trust us to price them correctly. 
    Pawain said:
    Why is the deco wildfire lantern so expensive.  Why do we have to pay for any of it. We should be able to make our own prices. They can trust us to price them correctly. 

Yeah, it's like stocks, people will buy up if they value it as cheap. However, not everyone knows the "right" price. I think items in a game are more predictable, but only to those who keep track of an item for some time or actually use them.

For a newbie, a +10 SSI clean ring could be junk and sell for 10GP but we never see that price because it's bought off the vendor the moment it landed. Sometimes items get sold out in the market and someone posted a new item for sale without reference so he does not know what the last price was.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,304
    Do not really understand all of the animosity expressed by some players to this discussion.  For players like myself that will only have enough points to claim one or two of the more highly desirable items I think we would find this discussion quite helpful.  I can judge what I think the items are worth to me but I find the information presented by others quite useful sometimes. Also, having an idea of what some of these things are worth would be helpful.  The items I could buy for selling a 179 million gold item would do me a lot more good than the item itself.
    Prices are set too often by atl prices this will not be the same with shard bound so it's difficult to gage while the best in slot seems like the sure bet i would bet on the transmog items and the talisman cheap point wise and the transmog item's can be transferred so just calling out in general chat on Cats seems like the best way for this specific question to be answered...
    edited November 2021
    Arnold7 said:
    Do not really understand all of the animosity expressed by some players to this discussion.  For players like myself that will only have enough points to claim one or two of the more highly desirable items I think we would find this discussion quite helpful.  I can judge what I think the items are worth to me but I find the information presented by others quite useful sometimes. Also, having an idea of what some of these things are worth would be helpful.  The items I could buy for selling a 179 million gold item would do me a lot more good than the item itself.
    Yeah, I wanted to say such events are easy way from new players to earn gold super fast, if they sell the right item. 

While the items cannot be transferred, they can hunt on Atlantic and sell there to make the gold, buy other essentials and ship back.