starter pack armor

Ive been away for a bit and coming back again to play and saw this starter pack.  I know I might be a bit out of date - maybe - but that starter pack armor set seems like massive overkill for just helping someone get started.  It seems like its a pretty dang nice suit contrasted to many high end items and suits in the game - I understand you guys want/need to monetize EJ players - but please be careful with balance stuff - if spending a little money is going to get me a better suit than rewards in game - well it cheapens my premium status as well as feeling like playing is rewarded - in addition I have always felt that the harder struggle at the start of the game and using armor which isn't all 70s and finding better magic items etc.. is a huge part of why I loved this game - and if we help early players too much they never experience that -- I'm guessing its pretty dang tough/rare to find armor which is better than the starter pack suit..

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited April 2018
    bartman said:
    I'm guessing its pretty dang tough/rare to find armor which is better than the starter pack suit..
    Not at all. With the armour that you can get from loot these days it's never been easier to make a good suit. You could probably imbue something as good (maybe better) than that starter suit.

The fact it uses the ugly leather cap is the real issue with it. 
  • InLorInLor Posts: 411
    Sorry, the suit is not that special.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    Considering it costs money, i think its at a decent level.  Its "good" enough for a fresh player, but nothing that you would want to use for long.   very low mana regen, and only 30 lmc.  no studded / plate bonus for fighters.  Its about the quality of an average "free" suit that someone who helps new players might give away.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    I am a 19 year vet and I bought the starter pack to try out the armor.  I find the starter pack armor is better then the cobbled together mage armor that I had been wearing for 19 years.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited April 2018

I have a question re this Journeyman Starter set, I've seen it on a player, and I've seen the stats, and they look good. I personally like the look of it, you cannot beat the leather set on a Mage, including the cap itself - though maybe circlet for mage looks better.

It seems to have the basics sorted in terms of resists, LRC etc.

It appears to be Blessed for the player, and have maximum 255/255 Durability, it has NO negative properties like brittle, cursed, antique etc - ie it is clean.

My question is - is it PoFable? If it is, it is pretty stupendous from my viewpoint.

My thinking is, you add all the accessories, Bless them all, ie Slither, Crimson, Heph, Jewel set etc (probably Etoile Blue set) - and you have one hell of a set - what would the full stats on that be?

This set would be fully blessed, very decent stats, not have to be repaired every 5 seconds, and would lose zero insurance if you die - Awesome.

Is my thought process correct?

If so, I would unravel my entire Legendary gear set. Hate the stuff anyway, and have been looking for an opportunity to ditch it.