The order of things

I wonder if starting hythloth before the champ was good planning for the smaller shards not enough people as is and if everyone is grind grind grind...
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    So you would rather have Hythloth end Nov 1st?

I love when posters complain about too much content.  Then another comes and says the devs don't do anything and nothing is new.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Did I complain? Or suggest that it should end? 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Not really sure what you are saying here 
    The last few events champ spawn happened before the dungeon opened up so everyone was at it everyday with hythloth going on after the initial rush people are going to go back to hythloth and no do champ 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited October 2021
    Okay I see what you are saying.  Because the champ spawn starts on the 1st of November, people’s attention will be divided between the events. 

I wonder if the champ spawn will have a reason to repeat it over and over and if so, how many times.  I recall the champ spawns losing steam a bit after a little while so maybe people will go back to focusing on Hythloth once they exhausted reasons for doing the champ. 

I plan on just engaging with it all as much as I can :)
    There are a lot of different participation rewards. I am a little worried. I need to get 4 accounts through on LS.  Two on Atlantic. Then one that travels to multiple shards. But I have done it where I do a different shard while LS is on the 30 min delay.

I recommend doing it as soon as it opens.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Nowadays champspawn boss are mostly anti-warriors with anti leech and gives nausea that reduce SSI to zero.

When they block you from using what they made you train a character to perform. It defeats the game. Not challenging but dumb way of designing gameplay.

It's like making us win a world class sports car, and then design a race where the tires get punctured and you can't even use the sportscar as it was designed. 

The warriors are hardly superman, just make a boss that can leech life but have powerful damage per hit, or super deadly poison or whatever. 

Give us leech, block the use.
    Give us SSI then reduce it to zero.

Not sure why but i am getting really negative with where this team if heading. Never the same UO fan I once was. 

This is what You wanted. A Legacy shard that wipes every year.  I will wipe my loyalty to the game every year. Nothing last forever, I get that.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I initially thought we would need 2 months to get all the drops we wanted etc but the Glorious Potion is a game changer. They darn near double the drops I get in an hour. I am getting to the point where I will likely jump shards soon and try to grab a few items there so that my chars have the same setup as I do on my home shard. 

Pawain said:
    I love when posters complain about too much content.  Then another comes and says the devs don't do anything and nothing is new.

Couldn't agree more. It was the same thing last year when people were complaining about the artisan festival/Krampus/Ice dungeon. In reality it's just an issue on their end with prioritization. Pick an event you want to do the most and do it. Run the second/third event to break up the boredom or overcrowded places. 

I'd much rather have "too much" to do rather than not enough to the point where I find myself questioning why I'm paying a subscription. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2021
    What I sincerely hope, for the Champion Spawn that will start November 1st (or, apparently, I seem to understand more like mid-Nove,ber...), is that the Developers changed its Design to one where players will want to work the entire spawn, included the boss kill, even if they killed it already and got their Reward already, so as to make sure that "late comers" will be able to have sufficient players working the spawn all the way to the Boss and its kill....

The previous Champion Spawns had the issue that, once players got their Reward from killing the Boss, they lost interest in doing that Champ Spawn again and so, players coming late to it, had trouble and much difficulties to be able to work it all the way to spawn the Boss and kill it, especially if on low population servers....

By the way, did anyone try it out on Test Server ?

Is there any incentive to players to want to work this spawn again, even if they got their Reward already from killing the Boss once ?
    popps said:
    What I sincerely hope, for the Champion Spawn that will start November 1st, is that the Developers changed its Design to one where players will want to work the entire spawn included the boss kill, even if they killed it already and for their Reward already, so as to make sure that "late comers" will be able to have sufficient players working the spawn all the way to the Boss and its kill....

The previous Champion Spawns had the issue that, once players got their Reward from killing the Boss, they lost interest in doing that Cham Spawn again and so, players coming late to it, had trouble and much difficulties to be able to work it all the way to spawn the Boss and kill it....

By the way, did anyone try it out on Test Server ?

Is there any incentive to players to want to work this spawn again, even if they got their Reward already from killing the Boss once ?
    I recall there was change to the drop rate for pages of lore for working champ all the way? 
    Well you best run all your accounts through when it begins. You have one account correct @popps.

Sux to be on a single player shard I guess.