Character with 255 stats (older then 6 mos), how to find out what is missing ?

If you are going to suggest that what is missing towards the 260 Stats CAP is the +5 Scroll of Valiant Commendation - Replica from EXODUS, don't.

Why ?

Because the character, could have eaten a +20 Legendary Scroll of Power from the Harrower AND a +5 Scroll of Valiant Commendation [Replica] from Exodus, already, and thus, now, at 255 stats, still missing a +25 Ultimate Scroll of Power from the Harrower....

Soooo, is my question, how can a player find out what their character is still missing towards the 260 stats CAP if they do not remember what stats scroll that character has already eaten ?

Is there a way, either in the Classic Client, or in the Enhanced Client, to tell ?

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    If you are going to suggest that what is missing towards the 260 Stats CAP is the +5 Scroll of Valiant Commendation - Replica from EXODUS, don't.

Why ?

Because the character, could have eaten a +20 Legendary Scroll of Power from the Harrower AND a +5 Scroll of Valiant Commendation [Replica] from Exodus, already, and thus, now, at 255 stats, still missing a +25 Ultimate Scroll of Power from the Harrower....

Soooo, is my question, how can a player find out what their character is still missing towards the 260 stats CAP if they do not remember what stats scroll that character has already eaten ?

Is there a way, either in the Classic Client, or in the Enhanced Client, to tell ?
    Do you really have to know why eat the 5...if that doesn't work eat the 25 there has to be some personal accountability... 
    And what if, be it a bug or "working as intended", when eating the +5 croll of Valiant Commendation - Replica from EXODUS it gets consumed, destroyed, even if the character had already eaten it previously ?

Wouldn't it be much better to know what is missing, and, consequentially, apply the correct stat scroll missing to that character ?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    After you eat the 5 it still there saying anon ate this blah blah I would assume someone who needs as much storage as you must have saved it IF  you had eaten it...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    "if you have already eaten a certain stat scroll, you will not be able to eat another (unless it is greater than one you have eaten), if that info helps"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "if you have already eaten a certain stat scroll, you will not be able to eat another (unless it is greater than one you have eaten), if that info helps"
    Alright, that seems good news.... I may try 1st with a +5 Commendation scrolls and if I ate it already, then the missing one should be the +25 (meaning that I probably ate a +20 in the past...).
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    The valiant one is not that common. Doubt you had so many of those that you put them on random toons.

Also mages don't need 260. You are finally making a dexxer or you call everything a Sampire. @popps ;
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    Alright, that seems good news.... I may try 1st with a +5 Commendation scrolls and if I ate it already, then the missing one should be the +25 (meaning that I probably ate a +20 in the past...).
    Eat the 25+ first because if you already ate one then according to @Yoshi it will not let you eat it if you already ate one.  Then you will know that you need the 5+
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited September 2021
    This page should answer your question: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/scrolls-of-power/ but you will need to do some math.
    edited September 2021
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    Eat the 25+ first because if you already ate one then according to @ Yoshi it will not let you eat it if you already ate one.  Then you will know that you need the 5+
    Why not the other way around ?

If the scroll won't be destroyed in the process, should the character have already eaten one in the past, whether one tries with a +25 or a +5 (exodus) as 1st, should not make a difference I would imagine.

Regardless, I still think that the game should give the ability to "see" what buffs one's own character may have used already.... this is like the Recipes....

There is no way to check whether one's own character may have learned Recipes, unless one uses a tool, gets into the Menu, and reads whether they have or not learned that recipe...

Personally, I think that all of these info about one's own character, should be more readily available to players.
    TimSt said:
    This page should answer your question: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/scrolls-of-power/ but you will need to do some math.
    @TimSt

I know that Harrower's scrolls come in flavours of +5, +10, +15, +20 and +25 stats increases to the CAP....

As I explained in the OP (and in the post here above), having a character older then 6 months that has 255 stats, does not necessarily mean that they are short of a +5 "Exodus" stats scroll....

That is the 1st thing that could come to mind YET, the character could have gotten to 255 using, in the past, a +20 harrower scroll and a +5 exodus scroll and NOT a +25 harrower scroll and NO +5 exodus scroll....

Therefore, even when being at 255 stats and just missing a +5 to the CAP of 260, they could be missing a +25 harrower scroll and NOT a +5 exodus scroll....

That is, it is NOT as intuitive and simple a finding as one might want to make it....
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Posts have been removed. The question has been answered.
This discussion has been closed.