craft able doors, fences, etc

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
edited September 2021 in Homes & Castles
Many of the (non customizable) castle choices have no interior doors.  I imagine the original designs these were based on had interior doors.

I've only found 2 doors that can be crafted and secured.  However, they don't really work so well graphically when placed in many of the door opening.  See below.

Have I overlooked other options?  A set of "french doors" where both doors fold open/shut and fills the entire width of the opening would be nice.  Likewise, craftable gates/fences and portculis would be nice.  Home decorating tools to adjust appearance of the crafted doors?   Any plans around this?

Comments

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    I place one of the tall vines that come from (I believe) SOS chests over that gap and it blends things well.
  • Many of the (non customizable) castle choices have no interior doors.  I imagine the original designs these were based on had interior doors.

I've only found 2 doors that can be crafted and secured.  However, they don't really work so well graphically when placed in many of the door opening.  See below.

Have I overlooked other options?  A set of "french doors" where both doors fold open/shut and fills the entire width of the opening would be nice.  Likewise, craftable gates/fences and portculis would be nice.  Home decorating tools to adjust appearance of the crafted doors?   Any plans around this?

Hi ForeverFun, can i know how did you place the metal door at that spot? I have the same house design but i am unable to do so. Been trying for a long time and still fail to do so.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Jenovauh said:
    Many of the (non customizable) castle choices have no interior doors.  I imagine the original designs these were based on had interior doors.

Hi ForeverFun, can i know how did you place the metal door at that spot? I have the same house design but i am unable to do so. Been trying for a long time and still fail to do so.
    Lock down a pouch, then use relocate container to put the pouch in the doorway.  Place the door inside the pouch, then axe the pouch.  Lastly, lock down your door.
  • Merus said:
    Lock down a pouch, then use relocate container to put the pouch in the doorway.  Place the door inside the pouch, then axe the pouch.  Lastly, lock down your door.
    Thanks a lot Merus, I will try the method you mentions when I have time to get back into the game. :smiley:
  • Yes it is working, thank you again Merus. Except the metal door graphic doesnt really suit the arch wall and have hole like what the OP posted. Most important i can have a locked door from public.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Jenovauh said:
    Yes it is working, thank you again Merus. Except the metal door graphic doesnt really suit the arch wall and have hole like what the OP posted. Most important i can have a locked door from public.
    if you don't like the look, you can also place a curtain in front of it
  • I am trying to do quest and get the green thorn for the vine.:)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    quest?  Green thorns come from the gardening system, planting them in swamp causes a swamp tentacle to spawn, the vines are loot on those.