Test Center 1 Update

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited September 2021
    Pawain said:
    Violet said:
    On live servers, packies with items in their packs have been going to the offline temp stable after about an hour or so of log out time, including ej packies This was actually not anything new and has been in the game for awhile. the packie would not disappear after 24 or even 48 hours.  I haven't seen a fuss about it til this patch when someone  thought it was a new mechanic.

Bleak has been messing with the offline temp stables for least the past year and a half, a lot of it since people complained they couldn't find their pets when they crossed the blackthorn bridge. 
    So @ McDougle and @ Lord_Frodo are making an issue about something that is already in the game and it was causing no problems or exploits. We did not have Luna full of packies. 

So because of their ignorance of game mechanics we now have a system where pets won't go wild... except for pack animals including giant beetles.

But the ignorant must stick to their guns and not accept the reality that no Change needed to be made.
    What is even funnier is the TROLL trying to call us ignorant and he didn't even know or he would have said it.  Why would anybody test this when we knew that leaving loaded pets caused them to go wild and lose our stuff.  The DEVs put in a feature and told nobody about it and you call us ignorant, LMAO.  Even Merv didn't know about and you both are suppose to be the all knowing,  Yea I just put you and Merv in the same class.
    Tyrath said:
    Pawain said:
    Violet said:
    On live servers, packies with items in their packs have been going to the offline temp stable after about an hour or so of log out time, including ej packies This was actually not anything new and has been in the game for awhile. the packie would not disappear after 24 or even 48 hours.  I haven't seen a fuss about it til this patch when someone  thought it was a new mechanic.

Bleak has been messing with the offline temp stables for least the past year and a half, a lot of it since people complained they couldn't find their pets when they crossed the blackthorn bridge. 
    So @ McDougle and @ Lord_Frodo are making an issue about something that is already in the game and it was causing no problems or exploits. We did not have Luna full of packies. 

So because of their ignorance of game mechanics we now have a system where pets won't go wild... except for pack animals including giant beetles.

But the ignorant must stick to their guns and not accept the reality that no Change needed to be made.

Yep if it ain't broke....... Why fix it.
    So I suppose you knew all about this, NOT.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    "(my blue beetle that went wild was not loaded)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    edited September 2021
    Tyrath said:
    Pawain said:
    Violet said:

Yep if it ain't broke....... Why fix it.
    So I suppose you knew all about this, NOT.

If it wasn't broke why would I bother to know about it?  Unlike some I am not into creating problems where none exist. And I have NEVER lost a beetle loaded or unloaded because of a involuntary log out.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited September 2021
    If this goes thru what  happens to players that did put things in beetles and did not mount them since they never had to before? They just lose them 24 hours after the patch?

Or if a tamer using a beetle logged off 3 months ago like he always has done and he will return at some point after this patch with no pet next to him.

If these players return next week or next year. Their beetle will be gone, full or not full since they never had to mount them before.

@Kyronix this is not a good change. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I guess @Mariah is just as ignorant as the rest of us
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/a-guide-to-pack-animals/
    Note: Pack animals which have items in their packs are not subject to auto-stable and will remain in game if their owner is logged out. Pets left in this way will lose loyalty rapidly and may become wild, at this point their ‘pack’ and all items in it will fall to the ground and decay unless recovered by the owner

edited September 2021
    @Kyronix ; When someone buys a Transfer token they are told they can take 5 pack animals with them.

Are you sure this is a good idea to make a change that could cause someone to spend 20 bucks and they transfer, and happen to not be able to log in again in 24 hours and they lose everything.

Is there any other game mechanic where a paying customer you can lose all their stuff?
    Other than dropping their house.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    And this one time a Bard camp my 47 slot beetle was full of packies and aliens came and you know 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    And this one time a Bard camp my 47 slot beetle was full of packies and aliens came and you know 
    So no one has ever used a transfer token?  Really
    I transfer multi time a month all store bought tokens of course what you say can happen might happen probably not but maybe the good outweighs the bad here whether you're in agreement or not don't make me tip my top hat..
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix  When someone buys a Transfer token they are told they can take 5 pack animals with them.

Are you sure this is a good idea to make a change that could cause someone to spend 20 bucks and they transfer, and happen to not be able to log in again in 24 hours and they lose everything.

Is there any other game mechanic where a paying customer you can lose all their stuff?
    This is a VERY good point, @Kyronix .....

Perhaps this change to pack creatures might want to be reconsidered ?
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix  When someone buys a Transfer token they are told they can take 5 pack animals with them.

"there is normally a 30min - 1hour wait before you can log in on that char, so this is often the last action a player will perform before they retire until the next time they log on, so i would say this is an extremely likely event to happen"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Warning you have 24 hours to unload your packy plan accordingly...
    Seems clear enough..
    edited September 2021
    McDougle said:
    And 90%+ of UO has no idea this is happening.  Some sent transfers already and may not be ready to take all the items out.  Since this is a new change.  We all know the store items are so correctly descriptive.  We dont have the luck potion because it was mis named...

Vet rewards are all account bound when you read their descriptions...
    Yoshi said:

"there is normally a 30min - 1hour wait before you can log in on that char, so this is often the last action a player will perform before they retire until the next time they log on, so i would say this is an extremely likely event to happen"
    Exactly.  They may need to also arrange housing for the items.  
    This warning would appear on the transfer gump and remember this is a fluke might happen scenario you are insisting we need protection from...i have found there's two types of transfer people us regulars who do it with our eyes closed and nervous Nelly's who research and worry and ask questions and play out worse case scenarios they plan weeks and days ahead both for the transfer and the after....again grasping at straws in an attempt to kill a perfectly safe needed fix
    Guess Skippy has never done a store bought transfer
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/character-transfer-token/

Unpacking

Logging into your new shard, your packing crate will open for you to unpack. Two boxes are already unpacked for you, your bank and stable. Use the context menus (right click) on the remaining containers and pets and select ‘unpack container’ or ‘unpack pet’.
    Your transfer crate must be emptied within 7 Days or anything you had in the crate will be lost.

And who does a Xfer with out logging in ASAP to get their Char and have a plan where all the stuff is going, looks like a little planning is required but that may be beyond some peoples ability.

Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    And 90%+ of UO has no idea this is happening.  Some sent transfers already and may not be ready to take all the items out.  Since this is a new change.  We all know the store items are so correctly descriptive.  We dont have the luck potion because it was mis named...

Vet rewards are all account bound when you read their descriptions...
    Yoshi said:

Exactly.  They may need to also arrange housing for the items.  
    Just maybe people that do Store Xfer Tokens read on how to do it unlike you who appears to have no clue.
    edited September 2021
    Not everyone has a house on all the shards like you.  They may need to transfer then Retrieve gold on another toon and buy the house.  They think they have 7 days to do it.  They have 24 hours or all their items go poof.

Again you want to blame players for not knowing a rule that is new and 95% of the population know nothing about.
    Pawain said:
    Not everyone has a house on all the shards like you.  They may need to transfer then Retrieve gold on another toon and buy the house.  They think they have 7 days to do it.  They have 24 hours or all their items go poof.

Again you want to blame players for not knowing a rule that is new and 95% of the population know nothing about.
    So you're saying this 95% that doesn't know about something that hasn't happened yet is incapable of reading a warning that could be added to the very thing they use to be put in your make believe danger 
    Pawain said:

Unpacking

Logging into your new shard, your packing crate will open for you to unpack. Two boxes are already unpacked for you, your bank and stable. Use the context menus (right click) on the remaining containers and pets and select ‘unpack container’ or ‘unpack pet’.
    Your transfer crate must be emptied within 7 Days or anything you had in the crate will be lost.

It says that your packies are in a container and is good for 7 days.  READ it helps.  Just do not unpack them until you have a spot to unload them or enough extra chars to hold all your items but with your 1000 EJ accounts 2000 Chars per shard you should have ZERO problem.

McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

So you're saying this 95% that doesn't know about something that hasn't happened yet is incapable of reading a warning that could be added to the very thing they use to be put in your make believe danger 
    And he called us ignorant, LMAO.
    Let's try to keep it on task i understand and accept paddy cake has different opinions as long as we can discuss on some kinda adult level 

This is what you get when you do a Xfer
    xfer.png 924.6K
    edited September 2021
    "i'm sure they'll remain safe until you unpack them
    (post publish 111)”
    Yoshi said:
    "i'm sure they'll remain safe until you unpack them"
    They have for all these years Mr @Yoshi, @Mervyn the all Knowing
    Yoshi said:
    They have for all these years Mr @ Yoshi, @ Mervyn the all Knowing
    He prefers to be referred to as,  The Most Knowledgeable Person.
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    They have for all these years Mr @ Yoshi, @ Mervyn the all Knowing
    He prefers to be referred to as,  The Most Knowledgeable Person.
    LMAO
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542

Trying to get my mind around their statements of it being a major problem on one hand but no one knows about it on the other hand............

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2021
    Lord_Frodo said:

Unpacking

Your transfer crate must be emptied within 7 Days or anything you had in the crate will be lost.

And who does a Xfer with out logging in ASAP to get their Char and have a plan where all the stuff is going, looks like a little planning is required but that may be beyond some peoples ability.

It looks to me, that the player still needs to "manually" unpack the pack animals....

"Use the context menus (right click) on the remaining containers and pets and select ‘unpack container’ or ‘unpack pet’. "

What if, whatever the reasons, the players cannot do it within the 24 Hours ?

The Packies and all of their contents stored in their packs would be gone because of this new change and this, regardless that the Transfer Crate stays up for 7 Days ?