new hack this guy is using

WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
on atlantic some dude named Lt snuggles keeps spamming about some off shard guild, i have ignored him multiple times now but he is somehow removing himself from my ignore list.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2021
    "What client please? this char has remained blocked for me on CC"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    It is a new char named the same.  Look at the Char ID # and you will see that they are different.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    last three days i have ignored him and the name dissapears from my ignore list, and im using EC
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 92
    It is a new char named the same.  Look at the Char ID # and you will see that they are different.
    What he says. If it's not the same ID its another character with the same name and you need to adjust your ignore filter as I did. 
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,095
    Also the list is weird.  If I put someone on ignore on Account 1 it puts them on ignore on account 2 when I log in.  Same if I remove.  That is the only time I have experienced a settings change affect another account.

Also if you are a mayor and the ignored person is a mayor, when you go to a Gov meeting they are removed from your list.  So they are off all the other account lists.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    logged in today and Lt snuggles is no longer on my ignore list, so ya he is defently doin something
    edited August 2021
    Now the Char. name is WhiteWolf spamming the same thing as Lt Snuggles and Lt Snuggles name is gone from my ignore list also but WhiteWolf is still there  @Kyronix @Misk
    ok this guy is now clearly harrassing me in Gen chat by taking my characters names and spamming, tried paging GM several times, im now convinced we no longer have GM's, what else can i do? 
    “Log out of general chat”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “Log out of general chat”
    i ignore him everyday but thats not the point, the fact they allow him to get away with this is BS, this has to be the worst customer service i have ever seen in a MMO, even NCsoft has better customer service then this.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    1. Report the harrassment. 2. Do not respond to the person harrassing you. 3. Keep putting him on ignore. If the message he is spamming is advertising, report for 'soliciting' too.
    i have and they wont do anything about it, i have seen messanna email posted in the past but cant seem to find it can someone please link it for me
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    Won't do anything? or haven't responded? Not necessarily the same thing. Often the action they take will not be reported back to the person who paged. mesanna@broadsword.com
    ya they finaly responded and said they are looking into it but that was couple hours ago and the dude is still in gen chat doin it with the same player ID

but i just sent a detailed email to Mesanna about what this guy has been doin hopfully she can put an end to him
    "how do you know he is still in general chat if you have logged out of general chat?"
    Yoshi said:
    "how do you know he is still in general chat if you have logged out of general chat?"
    never said i logged out of gen chat
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,095
    Looks like he reads the bug forums. Unless the OP was harassing him in game.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 92
    edited August 2021
    Whitewolf said:
    ok this guy is now clearly harrassing me in Gen chat by taking my characters names and spamming, tried paging GM several times, im now convinced we no longer have GM's, what else can i do? 
    "Your" names? You know UO allows everybody to have the same name, right? How are you sure he is targetting you specifically and its not just a concidence with the same name?

Did you even try to use the ignore filter to not have to read him anymore? I have put him on my ignore filter a few days ago and don't see his messages anymore.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Whatever the guys selling he's getting lots of free advertising...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Whitewolf said:
    Yoshi said:
    never said i logged out of gen chat

• Vagabond said:
    Whitewolf said:
    "Your" names? You know UO allows everybody to have the same name, right? How are you sure he is targetting you specifically and its not just a concidence with the same name?

Did you even try to use the ignore filter to not have to read him anymore? I have put him on my ignore filter a few days ago and don't see his messages anymore.
    one of my names yea probably just a concidence, but 3 of my characters names, no, but doesnt matter case closed issue was taking care off
    So is he gone