Fatal crash related to Yukio Quest removal

Hey folks,

I am unable to log into a character that still had an open Yukio quest. Can you all try to log into one that you are sure still had the quest and see if you get the same behaviour I reported below?

Thanks!

Here's the bug report I posted in Bugs just now for reference:

@Kyronix

On one of my accounts I had 2 characters that still had the Yukio quest. I tried to log into them today and the client crashed as soon as the world appears in the client.Yesterday morning before the daily server update I was using one of these toons in Fire dungeon. This morning I logged to do so again and got the crash. Checked other toon that had Yukio quest and the same thing happened. Please help!

Shards affected: Lake Austin and Siege Perilous
Character names: Gorgiamus (on LA) and Calavera (on Siege Perilous)
Location in game: Both inside a co-owned house.
Client affected: Both Classic and Enhanced

I tested several other characters across 4 accounts and only the ones that had Yukio quest seem to be affected.

To be clear, I cannot take any action in game, as soon as the vet reward gump and greeting message try to pop up the client crashes completely and closes in the process.

Comments

• VecnaVecna Posts: 23
    I will add that other toons on the same account are unaffected. I can log on with them without a crash.
    Sorry, enhanced client DOES NOT crash, only Classic Client
    I also tried resigning from ALL quests using the EC, then logging in with CC but still getting the crash. And the Yukio quest no longer appears in the quest listing in EC.

Just found another toon that I was pretty sure had the quest open, this toon does not crash on login but the quest dialogue will not open.
  • A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• It's bizarre to me that they wouldn't either make an announcement at least a couple of days in advance or remove the content in such a manner as to not cause crashes. Or both.
    Hey folks, Khyro suggested nuking the entire folder for each affected character in your Docs/EA games folder. This worked for me. I had tried nuking a few files but not the whole folder. I can now log into the characters that had been crashing the client immediately on connection again. Quest button works, though all my quests are gone.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited August 2021
    Yay you got it working!  You can copy the Macro files back in.  

The quests are in that folder?  That does not sound right.  I copy that folder all over Sosaria and my quests do not copy or change.  I have also deleted that folder and not lost my quests.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Good to know this still might work, It was how we "fixed" a lot of login problems back in the old days. It's bad to know that it came to this, though.

As to the quests "being" in this folder, I don't have the impression it's quite like that. More like there's stuff in that folder that refers to quests.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Good to know this still might work, It was how we "fixed" a lot of login problems back in the old days. It's bad to know that it came to this, though.

As to the quests "being" in this folder, I don't have the impression it's quite like that. More like there's stuff in that folder that refers to quests.

I'm old and very apt to mess it up so I'm afraid to mess with that file, is there any hope that it will be fixed by the devs if we all complain enough?

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Parnoc said:
     is there any hope that it will be fixed by the devs if we all complain enough?

I don't think they will lift a finger even if there is a rebellion... :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Parnoc said:
    Good to know this still might work, It was how we "fixed" a lot of login problems back in the old days. It's bad to know that it came to this, though.

I'm old and very apt to mess it up so I'm afraid to mess with that file, is there any hope that it will be fixed by the devs if we all complain enough?

Technically, yes. Realistically, no. I think Bleak has already said that they can't duplicate it. If there's an incident where that's not the same thing as a "no," then I'm drawing a blank on it.

One possibility is to cut and paste the folder someplace else on your computer then delete it for real later if everything is fine.

OR you could deny yourself the impacted characters for, say, another week or two, and keep your fingers crossed.