Monthly newsletter ending. Feedback

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited July 2021
    Unusual for any stance to get most all in agreement. Seems like the newsletter is something that players who read it want to keep for the purpose it has had.

McDougle said:
    Yoshi said:
    McDougle said:
    The lack of response here bothers me.  one minute to say news letter not ending. No controversy no arguments why can't we get a response...
    "lack of response?
    The thread was created on a Saturday only 24 hours ago, it's now Sunday July 4th - a national public Holiday..."
    Why yes Merv I'm glad you asked. Yes i want to believe they check these boards daily i mean we do i mean you can  use your phone while watching fireworks.. again 2 seconds investment saves a lot of headaches..
    Naw I feel they were let out of the dungeon by the queen so the could enjoy the royal firework festivities. After the feasting and drinks are finished they will return to their tasks.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    McDougle said:
    Yoshi said:
    McDougle said:
    The lack of response here bothers me.  one minute to say news letter not ending. No controversy no arguments why can't we get a response...
    "lack of response?
    The thread was created on a Saturday only 24 hours ago, it's now Sunday July 4th - a national public Holiday..."
    Why yes Merv I'm glad you asked. Yes i want to believe they check these boards daily i mean we do i mean you can  use your phone while watching fireworks.. again 2 seconds investment saves a lot of headaches..
    They do not need to respond, they do not plan to change anything. Bonnie simply as an aside asked us to let her know if we prefer a video over the newsletter.  Give some constructive feedback and move on. They have no plans of eliminating the newsletter if the majority do not want it.  The video i linked at the timestamp i gave shows the part that people are confused about and it is very clear that they aren't planning anything, just asking a question.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    They aren't ending the Newsletter. This month they combined the Newsletter with the Video. @ Mesanna said "let us know if you like it, as it is much easier on us to do it this way" This is all stated starting at 3:30 in the video on uo.com Here
    Exactly. We are expressing feedback. They would end it if we like the video format.

I prefer the newsletter. 
    yep, I was responding to the folks that appear to think they actually were ending, or thinking of ending it. the way I took Bonnie's comment was that they were doing it this way only this month, but if we liked it they could do it moving forward. Personally I prefer the Newsletter.
    I wish they would do it both ways always but if given the choice I would prefer the Newsletter over the Video.  Now if they would do a full text of the video then that might be another story.  It is easy to go over written material a number of times to find something than trying to listen to a tape over and over without knowing wear the information is located (time stamp)
    Agreed, a Video with full transcript, or a video and the regular newsletter.  

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    McDougle said:
    Yoshi said:
    McDougle said:
    "lack of response?
    Sure glad you think people should do 24/7 on the job, Last time I was required to do that was high threat in the military and that was over 40 years ago.  What job do you work at that requires 24/7 duty, NONE.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    @Victim_Of_Siege i understand they don't need to or have to but they have a player base that thinks they don't care and feels alienated and this an easy one why not comment..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    @ Victim_Of_Siege i understand they don't need to or have to but they have a player base that thinks they don't care and feels alienated and this an easy one why not comment..
    Not sure why they would think that, Kyronix spends  time on the boards and they all spend some in game watching the spawns when they start one of these events. they gather feedback on kill rates so they can adjust it if needed. 

• DragoDrago Posts: 290
    I dont know why they dont publish the newsletter on the home page...
    1. People dont check their email as much anymore.  With all the phishing and spam, i rarely check it , unless i know something is coming.
    2. website gets more traffic than newsletter subscribers.  Something in newsletter could get more players.
    3. Just copy and paste the newsletter email
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    To clarify what was said during the livestream - we aren't going to end the newsletters.  We'll be doing them as we've done with the occasional "live version" instead of the written version so we can get some more facetime with everyone :)
    They could post it like UO Stratics does on the UO Forum, what a concept
    @Mesanna @Misk @Bleak @Kyronix @Mariah @Rorschach
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Kyronix said:
    To clarify what was said during the livestream - we aren't going to end the newsletters.  We'll be doing them as we've done with the occasional "live version" instead of the written version so we can get some more facetime with everyone :)
    So some newsletters will be in video form. As you can see. Information is delivered much better in written form.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Kyronix said:
    Please provide a written format as well then for the disabled.
    Bilbo said:
    Kyronix said:
    Please provide a written format as well then for the disabled.
    Agreed, I’m old fat, blind and deaf. I have glasses, but no hearing aids yet. Please don’t make me go there.