EJ and "anyone"

AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
I've been checking out EJ for the fun of it. 

EJ characters can't seem to go through carpenter made Stone Wall doors with access set to anyone.

I couldn't seem to use a Crystal Portal. Is this intended?

Can't use public dying stations. Disappointing, but this could be good for dye crafters.

Tagged:

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    You can't "click" on the crystal portal but you can absolutely speak the words for travel. I can't confirm or deny the doors part, sounds like it's expansion or Package related. Something they should have considered prior to the release.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    You can't "click" on the crystal portal but you can absolutely speak the words for travel. I can't confirm or deny the doors part, sounds like it's expansion or Package related. Something they should have considered prior to the release.
    Thanks for the Crystal Portal tip. Heh, didn't occur to me to try saying where I wanted to go.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    AQHF said:
    I've been checking out EJ for the fun of it. 

EJ characters can't seem to go through carpenter made Stone Wall doors with access set to anyone.

I couldn't seem to use a Crystal Portal. Is this intended?

Can't use public dying stations. Disappointing, but this could be good for dye crafters.

Did you try all the dye tubs?  I ask because it seems EJ can use other veteran rewards, so maybe the vet reward tubs can be used, but not the others, like metallic cloth, white leather and normal shop-bought?  I don't have an EJ account and don't really want to start one just to test.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Good question Petra...I was going to put all my dye tubs at my Luna house on Origin....

Black Dye Tub  - Can't use
    Metallic Cloth Dye Tub - Can't use
    Dying Tub - (Old  Black Version) - Can't use
    Leather Dye Tub - Can't use
    Metallic Dye Tub - Can't use
    Runebook Dye Tub  - Can't use
    Furniture Dye Tub - Can't use
    Special Dye Tub - Can't use
    White Leather Dye Tub - Can't use

That's a bummer!

• AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    Also Statuette Dye Tub - Can't use.

They probably all work fine inside a backpack-- but that's not going to happen; I have no interest testing that and I doubt EJers want to run around with reward dye tubs in their packs. Anyway, as I noted, at least dye producers will have a market.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    AQHF said:

They probably all work fine inside a backpack-- but that's not going to happen; I have no interest testing that and I doubt EJers want to run around with reward dye tubs in their packs. Anyway, as I noted, at least dye producers will have a market.

Yes they can use all the dye tubs I tried if they are sitting on the ground unlocked or in their backpack.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    If it is in a house and requires you to click it to use it, then it's generally a no go. This includes public containers, dye tubs, seed boxes, luck statues, etc. The crafted doors are technically an ''item'' so I guess they ended up in that category. Verbal commands work, and other exceptions. The items do work in the backpack tho, for vet EJ accounts that have these items already and new accounts that work to obtain them.

Remember the days when an underage account had to get a player with an older account to dye their leather armor? And people sold pre-dyed armor? EJ is just back to those days is all. Except now they do also have the option of plant dyes. Remember when we did not have Davie's Lockers and Luck Statues? These are nice things, but they are just conveniences :) 
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    AQHF said:

They can have the dye tubs in their bank. (EJ's are getting limited bank storage soon)
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.