Question: How would you make a throwing weapon for Shadowguard Armory?

What weapon would you make?
Physical or elemental damage, Reforge?
What would you imbue on it and why?

Character has throwing/chiv/bushido/tactics/anat/healing.

I've played this game for over 20 years, but I'm only just learning to play a bladeweaver, char is unfinished. Suit includes: Britches of warding, Breastplate of the berserker, prismatic lenses, shanty's waders, Juma's sacred hide 35ssi with town buff.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Honestly the same as any other weapon 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,098
    edited June 2021
    Soul Glave for AI.  Put SSI on it because they are real slow.  

Your Chiv will give you the correct ele damage.

The ideas is to not get hit so you can do:
    SSI
    DI
    HML

You have 2 other options I would do it like  the above  and run a test.
    If you need HSL or HLL  if not you have 2 openings for Lighting and something else  Like HLA or HLD.
    That way its a gen use weapon.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I also think Soul Glave for the AI with HLD, HML. But player to advise for thrower should be @Cookie

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259

Haha thanks for that @seth - I did see this question, I did find it interesting, Petra is in fact a friend and in our Discord channel, but the truth is, I wanted to think about the question. :)

And I have not had time to give a decent response.

I do have that exact character as well :)

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    Having read an old post saying they were vulnerable to cold damage, I had a try at it with a 100% cold, 50% cold area cyclone that I have, it also has 50% hld, 40 hll and 29hml
    I managed to do armory well enough that I had to wait for spawn. 
    @pawain btw, I got Bushido gains using lightning strike even though the crystal ball of knowledge said it was 'too easy'. Now at 98.6 and it's a lot less boring than standing in the house spamming evasion :D
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2021
    If you are using AI, I don't think it needs to be elemental damage. I am not sure about throwers but elemental damage seems to be useful when using swordsman onslaught.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited June 2021
    Having read an old post saying they were vulnerable to cold damage, I had a try at it with a 100% cold, 50% cold area cyclone that I have, it also has 50% hld, 40 hll and 29hml
    I managed to do armory well enough that I had to wait for spawn. 
    @ pawain btw, I got Bushido gains using lightning strike even though the crystal ball of knowledge said it was 'too easy'. Now at 98.6 and it's a lot less boring than standing in the house spamming evasion :D
    You have a weapon to use in wildfire. You can collect gargoyle armor. Have you calculated your swing speed? I don't see SSI on the weapon.

Consecrate converts damage to the targets lowest resist. AI ignores resist type.  But it is good to have weapons with each type damage ready to use.

I went to the sleeping Dragon spawn and used the spell that hits two enemies to get the Bushido to 100. I have a ring that has 15 more. So that guy is finished.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    It was with Wildfire in mind that I made the cyclone.  I've sort-of tried to copy my archer's weapons. He has comp bow for the big guys and mystical shorts with area effect for the little ones. AI is nice, but it's mana-hungry and I only have 27 LMC. So I'm trying to make Soulglaives and cyclones. I have 30-35 ssi. 10 ring, 10 bracelet, 10 breastplate, and when I remember to get it 5 from town buff.  I know it's not enough, but I didn't have a gargoyle when the epaulettes were available and I'm reluctant to give up hll/hml.
    I tried boomerang, because I know @Cookie likes them, but I couldn't get on with them. Too low damage and too darn close!
    I was using lightning strike and elemental fury with EoO. 

I have 210 Stamina and 55 SSI with the buf that puts me at max speed.  I have 20 on the weapon.
    That gives 40 Mana Leech.  With AI hits on a slayer it returns a lot of mana.

I use Mystic on my thrower so I have some Spell Channeling Glaives.
    I Like the RC to help distract the mobs.

I usually just switch him to a Macer because he can kill faster in the dungeons with his war hammer, which is also slow.