pet AI/attack logic

i will never understand why my 5 slot pet with me at 120 real skill in all three taming skills will stop attacking the monster killing me i have asked it to kill and randomly target a rabbit on the  second floor inside and unreachable and despite repeated redirection fixate on said rabblt...
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    No tamer understands that either.

Commands should be followed until complete. That would also end afk farming.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    it's my archer too. really it seems the current spawn really points out flaws in targeting system i am clearing ledges shooting at casters and it will just randomly change to rabbit or Gollum..
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    If it is guarding you and you get hit by or attack, has aoes, or is hit by an aoe it can change targets.

Annoying tho
    Norry said:
    If it is guarding you and you get hit by or attack, has aoes, or is hit by an aoe it can change targets.

Annoying tho
    I rarely use guard I like to tell the pet what to do. They still change targets they will stop fighting a target and target a golem on the hill that they can't reach. Those do not have aoe.  They target things that aggro them.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    randomly at the worst times !! 
    OMG my pets want to just keep chasing Night Terrors even tho I'm right next to them telling them to follow me as I run away getting blasted by every magic user.