Pre age of shadows stun in effect

hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
some how with anatomy and wrestling you can be stunned and stuck in place cant trap box out and it lasts 4 seconds its become a real problem please fix
«1

Comments

  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 528
    Doesn't it seem strange that you are able to reach into a backpack, and open/manipulate a box while paralyzed?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 532
    pretty broken huh?

    The devs will know how to reproduce this, so hopefully a fix will be in order soon.
    like anything with third-party programs, it takes a very simple mind to be a "god-gamer", except the people using this exploit are not even third-rate players.

    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Sounds more like they did fix it and it is now working as intended.
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    edited June 2021
    we are supposed to be able to stun people? for 4 seconds with no way out not even a trap box? @Bilbo
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    edited June 2021
    Doesn't it seem strange that you are able to reach into a backpack, and open/manipulate a box while paralyzed?
    what does this mean? are you speaking of trap box's? because you can set a macro in classic client to pop a trap box and ec
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    its not wrestling para punch im speaking of either 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    hunter11 said:
    we are supposed to be able to stun people? for 4 seconds with no way out not even a trap box? @ Bilbo
    LMAO  Did you even READ the OP and what he is complaining about?  No you did not because he is whining about NOT being able to use a trap box hack to remove the stun.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 2,170
    "no amount of external damage releases you from this new stun, only time"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 7,096
    Yoshi said:
    "no amount of external damage releases you from this new stun, only time"
    Is this something new or they finally made trap boxes not work?  And do they still work for Paralyze?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,768
    edited June 2021
    hunter11 said:
    some how with anatomy and wrestling you can be stunned and stuck in place cant trap box out and it lasts 4 seconds its become a real problem please fix

    Yeah, paralysis with no way to break it is lethal, and should be fixed urgently.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 532
    edited June 2021
    It's the old version of wrestling's stun... you can hold spells & it'll still proc, it was never removed from UO, but you can't set macro for it anymore,  at least not without cheats.

    if the people using it were actually good at pvp, it would be a lot worse than it is, but it's bad enough that it's usable to begin with.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • LynkLynk Posts: 179
    Dont need any third party programs, just an old 2d macro file would work.  Honestly the dogshit wrestling mastery should be replaced with it.
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    the wrestle mastery does suck but a 4 second stun with no way out other than teleport rings? is a little much
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    Bilbo said:
    hunter11 said:
    we are supposed to be able to stun people? for 4 seconds with no way out not even a trap box? @ Bilbo
    LMAO  Did you even READ the OP and what he is complaining about?  No you did not because he is whining about NOT being able to use a trap box hack to remove the stun.
    trap box is not a hack you can set it as a macro in classic client and enhanced client without any modification wow you need to learn game mechanics before you try and talk about "hacks"
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    edited June 2021
    So I set my trap box to my f6 key and when I hit f6 it pops me with a dart for low damage and allows you to not be paralyzed by the spell/field or the wrestle stun punch or shield bash... if it wasnt intended to work this way im not sure why recently they added this into the classic client macros and has been in the enhanced client for awhile as far as I know


  • SethSeth Posts: 2,768
    Trap box is an official function in EC.

    We only need the box to inflict self-damage to break paralyse, but not to show its content. So in the official EC client, there is a built-in action which we can assign the trap box. By assigning the trap box, the client blocks the box from showing its "content" when activated.

    To assign, one must first "open" the trap box, double click the icon and target the trap box. Once assigned, the trapbox will turn blue in the backpack.


    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    that isnt the issue... the problem is that you can be stunned and cannot get out of it for 4 seconds with a ability that hasnt been used in years 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 7,096
    People were talking about this on Atlantic last night.  They said you can do it without third party apps.  It sounds like it is becoming the new thing to do.
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    hmm i would image there would be some kind of update/info on this somewhere?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    hunter11 said:
    hmm i would image there would be some kind of update/info on this somewhere?
    When have the DEVs given updates when they fix bugs/exploits.  What you consider a bug now may very well have been a bug/exploit allowing you to do it and just because it took so long to fix means nothing.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 532
    This seems to have been fixed.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 7,096
     :D Awww they can't win now. 
  • GeorgeGeorge Posts: 12
    edited June 2021
    What a shame, the devs had an opportunity here to shake up the state of UO's PVP scene. They could have reduced the stun length and re-introduced it through the macros for anyone with the adequate skills to use. It's times like this that make me really doubt that the developers actually understand what is happening in their own game anymore, more than that, it leaves me wondering if they actually even play their own game anymore.
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    edited June 2021


    yeah they sure are good at fixing things... you could alter marks onto exceptional items well the mapmakers glasses were exceptional when I did that it turned it from 20 skills to 40 and for a gargoyle after using tinker alter deed... so how  did they fix this ohhh allow me 










    not even close to the same skills? by the time I noticed this and went to report as usual no response from in game help then they break my items a transmog pot that I would have never used knowing it did this or for these skills
  • PawainPawain Posts: 7,096
    edited June 2021
    How do you make mapmaker glasses?
  • OnFootOnFoot Posts: 2
    You obtain it from treasure chests.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 7,096
    OnFoot said:
    You obtain it from treasure chests.
    He said exceptional item. The ones in chests have no stats?

    I have a feeling he is using nictating lens.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Pawain said:
    OnFoot said:
    You obtain it from treasure chests.
    He said exceptional item. The ones in chests have no stats?

    I have a feeling he is using nictating lens.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-105-forgotten-treasures/

    Additional Minor Artifacts have been added to Treasure Chest Loot,
    Legendary Mapmaker’s Glasses
    +1-5 Cartography Skill
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 528
    hunter11 said:


    yeah they sure are good at fixing things... you could alter marks onto exceptional items well the mapmakers glasses were exceptional when I did that it turned it from 20 skills to 40 and for a gargoyle after using tinker alter deed... so how  did they fix this ohhh allow me 










    not even close to the same skills? by the time I noticed this and went to report as usual no response from in game help then they break my items a transmog pot that I would have never used knowing it did this or for these skills

    Could have ended up with a +10 for Item Ident and +10 for Taste Ident.  As it stands now, you have a unique item ;)

    Still seems strange that you can reach into a backpack, open/manipulate a box, all while paralyzed -- in order to break paralyze...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 7,096
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    OnFoot said:
    You obtain it from treasure chests.
    He said exceptional item. The ones in chests have no stats?

    I have a feeling he is using nictating lens.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-105-forgotten-treasures/

    Additional Minor Artifacts have been added to Treasure Chest Loot,
    Legendary Mapmaker’s Glasses
    +1-5 Cartography Skill
    Yes I have those.  I was confused when he said Exceptional.  They do say exceptional.  I guess the  carto does not count on them.

    Im glad we have a glasses choice.
Sign In or Register to comment.